shape
carat
color
clarity

Does my setting exist?

Rocky7

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

Well I'm a hopeful groom to be, and I've got some questions about whether a ring exists like I'd want. In talking to some of my girlfriends friends, I've found that the most important part of the ring to her is some form of symbolism. The example I got was of three intertwined rings that symbolized husband, wife, and God.

Well in thinking about this, I've started thinking about getting almost a "living ring". Where the actual engagement ring would be relatively simple, almost unfinished looking. But with significant events it grows. One growth could be the wedding band, and maybe more growth with children. I've looked into ring enhancements, but I'm not sure if this would be the best way to go about it, as I wouldn't want it to get too bulky or unbalanced. I also thought about adding interlocking bands, but I feel that wouldn't be practical from a jeweler's stand point.

So any ideas as to how I could go about this? I'm also willing to hear that it won't work, but any feedback is appreciated!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes wraps and enhancers are pretty but honestly most of the time they end up looking, like you said, bulky and unbalanced. You could do a simple solitaire engagement ring then do a rolling ring for a wedding band.
http://www.rollingring.com/Default.asp
Husband could be represented by the yellow gold (typical color of a men's wedding band) wife could be the rose gold with some diamonds and God could be represented by the white gold band maybe with small crosses engraved on the band. here is a thread with the look I am talking about.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cartier-trinity-pair.144312/

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cartier's Trinity ring was the first thing I thought of too. You could start out with plain rings (no stones) and you could probably have stones set in them, either as "surprise" stones on the inside or visible stones added on the outside, to commemorate additions to your family, etc.

ETA - great minds think alike, Mrs. W! :wink2:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1348722413|3275308 said:
Cartier's Trinity ring was the first thing I thought of too. You could start out with plain rings (no stones) and you could probably have stones set in them, either as "surprise" stones on the inside or visible stones added on the outside, to commemorate additions to your family, etc.

ETA - great minds think alike, Mrs. W! :wink2:

I love this idea! Then it still goes along with the "living ring" idea and it would be stunning, unique and very special.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
You can't be Varna if you're a wee bit Celtic or Scottish for symbolism. There is a lot of intertwining stylized lines and Celtic knot motifs to symbolize the two of you joining. You could engrave any sentiment inside whatever you get, and check out Cathy Waterman as well for your "unfinished" idea. There are some bands that look like 14 kt. gold twigs you can slip on, they're just so simple and pretty. For future kids? How about stacking bands for a baby gift done in each child's birthstone? There are tons of things to look up under Mother's Jewelry, but that's for later when the babies show up...I think there is also an online store called The Clay Pot that has some cool artsy stuff if I remember right. Good Luck, this is a fun search!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooops. Not Varna, Mae Vona!! Varna is pretty, but doesn't sound like what you're after. Sorry :oops: I guess I should eat lunch now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results