shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know if AJS star sapphires are real? txt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Hello all

I know it says they are unheated but is that a natural star or man made. I am wondering because the price difference from their star sapphires when compared to The Natural Sapphire Company. Also the stars on AJS look so similar and perfect.

Side note: I am trying to make a ring for a man. My brother is graduating and really loves this stone the most though I am not sure what he could really do with it besides a ring. Problem is I just don't see it being very masculine. Any ideas on a setting, size etc.

Icce

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do sell treated stones, but they are all natural (from the earth and not a lab) stones. Star sapphires can be anywhere from $10/ct to several thousand/ct. It depends on the color, transparency and the quality of the star. Indian star sapphires are typically very inexpensive because they are opaque.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 5:40:06 PM
Author:Icce
Hello all

I know it says they are unheated but is that a natural star or man made. I am wondering because the price difference from their star sapphires when compared to The Natural Sapphire Company. Also the stars on AJS look so similar and perfect.

Side note: I am trying to make a ring for a man. My brother is graduating and really loves this stone the most though I am not sure what he could really do with it besides a ring. Problem is I just don''t see it being very masculine. Any ideas on a setting, size etc.

Icce
Are you wondering whether the star has been diffused into the stone? AJS are upfront about treatments to their stones so I''d email and ask if I were you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple things make the difference:
1. Treatment. AJS uses heat but I doubt they use other treatments. NSC is totally untreated. If AJS says it's unheated, then it is. I've not known them to try to pull a fast one on a customer. As far as I know AJS does not sell any synthetics or man made/lab stones.
2. Colour and transparency
3. Strength of star
3. Sometimes origin plays a part in the cost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results