shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have an opinion on this OEC?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Having torn things apart several times, I'm reluctantly moving towards accepting that my ring isn't going to reappear. I'm not quite ready to give up yet, but have started looking around bit on the assumption it's going to take a while to find a replacement. I emailed OWD this morning, but, out of curiosity, was browsing Etsy and found this-- would love to know what people think?

I'm also open to suggestions- looking for an OEC, around the 9 mm mark. I actually prefer the lower colours, so K-M are good, would consider a really nicely faceted N. I'm in the UK, so I'd like to minimise buying stones and returning them--it's doable, but expensive and stressful.

Open on price, but considering that I'll have to pay a 20% tax at customs, and that a Cartier tank watch, a Victor Canera CER earring and a Whiteflash diamond stud precede the ring on the jewellery-I've-managed-to-lose list, I don't want to go insanely crazy.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 17.37.46.png Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 17.38.03.png

video

GIA
https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/d8db86....268905608_iyuosnxv58o4w8gk4g4s.pdf?version=0

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
cavity on the crown is not a good thing. cut looks just so-so

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Karl.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to make out the faceting in the video but from what I can see I don’t love it. Seems disorganized and also not a pleasing on/off pattern from what I can tell.

Also I know you’re ok with lower colors but something about the color isn’t pleasing to me in the above OEC. Of course it’s hard to say with complete confidence based on one video but that’s my gut.

Having said that this is for you so if you love it. But I think you can do better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You already contacted Adam. Also reach out to Anup on IG and tell him your budget and see what he has.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having torn things apart several times, I'm reluctantly moving towards accepting that my ring isn't going to reappear. I'm not quite ready to give up yet, but have started looking around bit on the assumption it's going to take a while to find a replacement. I emailed OWD this morning, but, out of curiosity, was browsing Etsy and found this-- would love to know what people think?

I'm also open to suggestions- looking for an OEC, around the 9 mm mark. I actually prefer the lower colours, so K-M are good, would consider a really nicely faceted N. I'm in the UK, so I'd like to minimise buying stones and returning them--it's doable, but expensive and stressful.

Open on price, but considering that I'll have to pay a 20% tax at customs, and that a Cartier tank watch, a Victor Canera CER earring and a Whiteflash diamond stud precede the ring on the jewellery-I've-managed-to-lose list, I don't want to go insanely crazy.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 17.37.46.png Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 17.38.03.png

video

GIA
https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/d8db86....268905608_iyuosnxv58o4w8gk4g4s.pdf?version=0

The crown is lively. But the table is dead.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Missy. Those are all beautiful. I think 3 carats is probably my sweet spot-- anything bigger doesn't feel like something I'd end up wearing on a daily basis.

That said, I'm in love with the faceting on that OP. It's just a bit too big, and not sure I'd be in love with the colour. I will reach out to him.

Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @jaaron i just saw beautiful and forgot you wanted around the 3 carat mark. I tend to get carried away when I see beautiful antique diamonds. I’m sure Adam or Anup can find you an amazing OEC.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
The crown is lively. But the table is dead.

Thank you. I think there's been enough feedback for me to take this off the table as an option.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry @jaaron i just saw beautiful and forgot you wanted around the 3 carat mark. I tend to get carried away when I see beautiful antique diamonds. I’m sure Adam or Anup can find you an amazing OEC.

Now getting carried away over OECs I can definitely understand. Wish I could pull off something bigger, but whenever I try one on, it makes me feel like I'm playing dress-up and raiding my mother's jewellery box. Hmmm... Maybe I should spend the money on therapy instead. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was just about to post this!

Love the faceting and the price. Wow. Fluoro on an M can be sweet. Looks like a winner. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! Missy and everyone else who found this, I can't thank you enough. I just DM'd her. It's exactly what I was looking for at about half the price I was expecting. My insurance company is going to be very happy.

Fingers crossed it's still available.

I hope it’s available. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it's mine!

I can't thank you enough, Missy. I think you must be descended from matchmakers.

Now to decide how to set it...

Woohoo!!! I’m so thrilled for you. Meant to be. ❤️

BF55DFAC-5241-42E5-A0CB-A5E76CBBFB6B.jpeg

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Wow amazing!!! I think it's one of the most beautiful OECs I've seen in a while!! Please post photos when you get it!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! I’m so glad you got it! It’s like it was meant to be.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!! Saw that on my IG feed this morning and thought it such a stunningly beautiful diamond while lamenting the fact I don’t have $13k to buy her:cry2::lol:

So so glad it went to a PSer so I could live vicariously through you! Do let us know how you plan to set her. Congrats, jaaron!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s a stunner @jaaron, congratulations. Having seen an M IRL at OWD, I have to say that the colour wasn’t really that noticeable.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Wow amazing!!! I think it's one of the most beautiful OECs I've seen in a while!! Please post photos when you get it!!

Thank you, Moonie-- I most definitely will. I'm so excited to get it, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve...

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! I’m so glad you got it! It’s like it was meant to be.

I'm still sort of pinching myself that Missy, in like an hour, found the exact diamond I was looking for. I actually said 9mm, K-M, nice facets--I thought I'd be searching forever.

I think she's some kind of (good) witch.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!! Saw that on my IG feed this morning and thought it such a stunningly beautiful diamond while lamenting the fact I don’t have $13k to buy her:cry2::lol:

So so glad it went to a PSer so I could live vicariously through you! Do let us know how you plan to set her. Congrats, jaaron!!

Then definitely don't look at that 6 carat OP Missy posted. :lol: I wish I could pull that one off! I keep looking at those facets and drooling... But thank you for your kind words.

Going to post about the setting in a minute

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results