shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Anyone Have a Custom or "Notched" Spacer?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
In order to prevent damage from rings from rubbing together, has anyone had a custom spacer made? I found a few examples on Pricescope, and I am wondering if there are more? I am particularly interested in how this might look with a knife edge Tiffany-style ER and diamond eternity band. Would it work?? I love the way these custom spacers make the rings sit flush, and I wonder if I could achieve the same look. Below are examples, but nothing quite like my set... So it is hard to visualize.

custom 2.jpg
@researcher
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-shared-prong-w-bands-and-spacer-rings.28171/

custom spacer for pave donut 1.jpg custom spacer for pave donut 2.jpg
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/spacer-to-protect-pave-donut-on-vc-emilya.176047/

custom victor canera.jpg custom.jpg
@bem3231 https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ya-2-7-ct-with-band-and-custom-spacer.177752/ I am highly coveting this set @bem3231!!

wedding-ring-spacer.jpg
Google

IMG_1002.jpg
My Rings

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• custom spacer.jpg
    custom spacer.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 66
  • skinny spacer.jpg
    skinny spacer.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 112

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have a notched or custom spacer, per se. But I did order this stock one from James Allen awhile back to help prevent my ER and WB from rubbing, and I love it. I snagged it during their 25% off sale (which they seem to have just about every other week, right now included).

Link to spacer (also available in other metals): https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...hite-gold-open-marquise-shape-band-item-60806

3E0262DE-8A7D-49F9-845D-70A89AA16267.jpeg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that a very thin or even a knife edge spacer will likely be better. I can’t see how the indented part will stay still and not rotate as you wear your rings. The would personally drive me mad.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t have a notched or custom spacer, per se. But I did order this stock one from James Allen awhile back to help prevent my ER and WB from rubbing, and I love it. I snagged it during their 25% off sale (which they seem to have just about every other week, right now included).

Link to spacer (also available in other metals): https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...hite-gold-open-marquise-shape-band-item-60806

3E0262DE-8A7D-49F9-845D-70A89AA16267.jpeg

This is beautiful!! It almost looks like a three-stone ring, I love it!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would recommend getting a very thin all round spacer from Etsy (like 1-1.3 mm), similar to this one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/650316459/platinum-wedding-band-12mm-simple?plkey=ad704138385b5a8981a4933691427acc74e17a01:650316459&frs=1

I bought a .08 spacer from Etsy, and I was pleasantly surprised with how discrete it was... However, it did not help at all. :( The eternity band is so tall it still hits the prongs. I'm not sure even the 1.3mm would cut it, but I could try! Here's a picture...

skinny spacer.jpg

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree that a very thin or even a knife edge spacer will likely be better. I can’t see how the indented part will stay still and not rotate as you wear your rings. The would personally drive me mad.

That's a good point about it spinning around. :(

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good point about it spinning around. :(
Ok I have a terrible and old picture, but I had tried on a seven stone shared prong band with a very thin but tall spacer with my ring. My e-ring is set very low, so ignore the entire look, but only look at how the spacer’s height is as much as the shared prong band and therefore protecting the e-ring from the band.
37F133C0-CA73-42DB-BF93-7CE1F0D74F8E.jpeg

Attachments

• BFF3767E-FBF4-4081-8446-741E19E6EF66.png
    BFF3767E-FBF4-4081-8446-741E19E6EF66.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 33

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok I have a terrible and old picture, but I had tried on a seven stone shared prong band with a very thin but tall spacer with my ring. My e-ring is set very low, so ignore the entire look, but only look at how the spacer’s height is as much as the shared prong band and therefore protecting the e-ring from the band.
37F133C0-CA73-42DB-BF93-7CE1F0D74F8E.jpeg

That might work! How did you get the spacer extra tall, and what size is the width? Thank you!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That might work! How did you get the spacer extra tall, and what size is the width? Thank you!!
The width I believe was 1mm and I have to check if I have the stats anywhere. It was just a stock spacer. I didn’t purchase it, just tried it on.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe @HappyNewLife purchased a Tiffany knife edge to use as a spacer.

@CharlotteYork didn’t you just have your rings redone so they wouldn’t rub? :(2

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did, although I'm not sure of its dimensions (don't own a caliper). I got mine in brand new condition for the deal of a lifetime on ebay. I don't wear it anymore now though. My new eternity band sits uber low. It's the Blue Nile 1ctw Riviera band.

click to enlarge the photo

IMG_0611.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off topic... what do you think of the diamonds compared to your ACA?

I wanted to save up $ to get a WF 1ctw band w/ ACA melee, but when this $2300-ish Blue Nile ring in mint condition became available for $900 (with all documentation), I snagged it. I have NO regrets. The little dude sparkles like crazy!!! They are a perfect match and the eternity ring sits so nice and low. I love it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved Researchers rings! **sigh**. I don't know why I didn't get a cut out spacer but Leon made me a knife edge curved bar spacer. It is thin and goes up higher in between my two rings. My ring edges have sustained some damage but I don't think it is from where the two rings meet in the center but rather from hitting the edges on something. It depends on the look you want. The style Leon made me is very thin and small and you don't notice it much. Researchers acts like a wedding set, so the three rings on your finger will be much wider. Each is wonderful, and Whitefish/Brian Gavin did a wonderful job on her set.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yes, twice!! Nothing worked! :( So I have been alternating between a channel-set Tiffany diamond band and a plain platinum band... But I miss my sparkly eternity, so I am on a mission to find an invisible spacer.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I did, although I'm not sure of its dimensions (don't own a caliper). I got mine in brand new condition for the deal of a lifetime on ebay. I don't wear it anymore now though. My new eternity band sits uber low. It's the Blue Nile 1ctw Riviera band.

click to enlarge the photo

IMG_0611.jpg

I did try the Tiffany knife edge band, but the knife edge did not match up with the knife edge on my ER and it looked weird. Sigh! That is why I was thinking something custom, to perfectly line up.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have always loved Researchers rings! **sigh**. I don't know why I didn't get a cut out spacer but Leon made me a knife edge curved bar spacer. It is thin and goes up higher in between my two rings. My ring edges have sustained some damage but I don't think it is from where the two rings meet in the center but rather from hitting the edges on something. It depends on the look you want. The style Leon made me is very thin and small and you don't notice it much. Researchers acts like a wedding set, so the three rings on your finger will be much wider. Each is wonderful, and Whitefish/Brian Gavin did a wonderful job on her set.

Oh, I would love to see a picture of your rings with curved bar spacer!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably send it all back to WF and have them make that spacer. I know this sucks though!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I 100% agree with not doing the notched spacer. Unless you have them soldered (sp?), they will move out of place. Your best bet will be a super thin, tall-enough knife edge band. You'll have protection, and never even know it's there.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd probably send it all back to WF and have them make that spacer. I know this sucks though!

I think I'm going to try @SimoneDi 's recommendation of a super tall and skinny spacer. Hopefully one of the Etsy sources can make one that will look discrete! :pray: Any suggestions?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would skip the Etsy vendors and go straight to David Klass. He does amazing work and I think that is the best chance of you getting what you want. He has a pretty great bench. If you pull up my original thread about my ring you might be able to see my spacer a bit bigger as those pics were taken with a higher grade camera than my cell phone ones. The thing I love most about my spacer is that Leon put the tiniest migraine on the top edge and it still looks great.
If you don't want to send your ring, you might want to send pictures that show the measurement of how tall your ring is to whoever makes it for you. Ideally it would be best for the bench to have your ring to match it perfectly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results