shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a Barry Asscher Cut Gem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey I''m just starting to look for a pink asscher gemstone smallish size about 5mm, and I was talking to Barry and he said that he used to cut them back in the days, just wondering if anyone has an asscher from him? if so please post pics....I love this cut, and really wanted a squarish gem or octagonal shaped, not sure of whether I want to put in a ring or a pendant, but definitely pink color.. pastel though... Barry said he was going to start to cut some asschers soon.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Check out peter torraca''s photos he has tons of pictures, don''t know if there are any pink but they are nice.

He takes pictures of them on his hand they look great, but I am not a big fan of them

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I never talked to him but remembered his great pictures of that specific cut.
Your welcome, glad I could help..

Now you just gotta go through the fun of picking your stone, I am nearing the end of my decision its tough atleast you know what you want.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
look in the bottom corner for his photoblog and you will be impressed

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not seen an asscher from Barry before, but I am sure that he will do a lovely job!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:56:44 PM
Author: icekid
I''ve not seen an asscher from Barry before, but I am sure that he will do a lovely job!
yeah, I''m excited to see what it will look like.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been checking out ACS for a few years and I don''t recall seeing any asschers cut by Barry.
7.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono- he said that he''s been cutting lots of cushions, because everyone seems to prefer them, but if more people requested Asschers then he would oblige
2.gif
so I asked him for a pink one, we shall see
1.gif

beach

Brilliant_Rock
John B. at gemrite does asschers. Has a few modified asschers now

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 9:50:35 PM
Author: D&T
Chrono- he said that he''s been cutting lots of cushions, because everyone seems to prefer them, but if more people requested Asschers then he would oblige
2.gif
so I asked him for a pink one, we shall see
1.gif
That''s good to know. I like most of Barry''s material so if he''s going to cut asschers by request, then it should turn out well.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 9:55:43 PM
Author: beach
thanks Beach- I pulled up asschers, but only four came up then I pulled up the three specimen of interests but either they are sold
7.gif
or just a tad too big.

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Oh no -- if Barry starts doing asschers, I really will be in trouble! I love his stones so much, and I *NEED* an asscher... And an emerald cut too... Of course, I have to be good until I find a job, so I will have to live vicariously through the rest of you!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 10:10:44 PM

thanks Beach- I pulled up asschers, but only four came up then I pulled up the three specimen of interests but either they are sold
7.gif
or just a tad too big.
He cuts stones by request too. He has been so nice and has put up with so many of my emails lol... I would also follow up on the sold stones. He may still have rough left or maybe even the actual stone. His site is not completely up to date

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 10:18:23 PM

Date: 5/27/2009 10:10:44 PM

7.gif
or just a tad too big.
He cuts stones by request too. He has been so nice and has put up with so many of my emails lol... I would also follow up on the sold stones. He may still have rough left or maybe even the actual stone. His site is not completely up to date
ahh good to know. thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 10:12:35 PM
Author: stacy
Oh no -- if Barry starts doing asschers, I really will be in trouble! I love his stones so much, and I *NEED* an asscher... And an emerald cut too... Of course, I have to be good until I find a job, so I will have to live vicariously through the rest of you!
Sorry Stacy- didn''t mean to enable
31.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I have been waiting to see an asscher from Barry! This is going to be bad for my wallet... I can tell.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
UH OH....I''m in trouble when Barry starts cutting asschers.....
11.gif

Lori

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I have a modified asscher spinel from Barry on the way-but I would love for him to start cutting regular asscher''s
30.gif

pink spinel-burmese.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 8:31:14 AM
Author: stepcutnut
I have a modified asscher spinel from Barry on the way-but I would love for him to start cutting regular asscher''s
30.gif
Thats beautiful!

C''mon ladies...start requesting them from Barry...
31.gif
I''d bet you''d see more on his site sooner

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:24:31 AM

30.gif
Thats beautiful!

31.gif
Thanks D&T! My bank acct. is quacking already!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Lord. I didn''t even know Barry cut Asschers. This is going to be just miserable when I start seeing all of these lovelies because all my projects are on hold so we can get our backyard done!

This next few months is going to be torture for me . . . delicious, bling addicted, torture.
2.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Barry''s modified asscher spinel was waiting for me in the mail today...a really lovely cut, but I was expecting a pastel pink and it is really very taupe in most lighting---very unusual. Not muddy, but really different. Pics to follow this afternoon :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

30.gif
Thats beautiful!

31.gif
I actually emailed him a couple of days ago, basically asking him if I could be wait-listed for an asscher, and he responded with this:

"I probably won''t be going into full production on the asschers, but I''ll cut the rough that''s suitable for that shape and just
put them on the "What''s New'' page as I get them done."

So I guess we''ll all see what happens, but I''m looking forward to seeing some!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is Barry''s first octagonal "asscher" stone! He doesn''t feel comfortable calling them asschers. I told Barry that there would be a nice demand for these octagonal shaped stones and warned him in advance.
27.gif

This pretty is huge and it is VERY reasonably priced....I was shocked!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

MVC-014S2.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 1:14:34 PM
Barry''s modified asscher spinel was waiting for me in the mail today...a really lovely cut, but I was expecting a pastel pink and it is really very taupe in most lighting---very unusual. Not muddy, but really different. Pics to follow this afternoon :)
oooh exciting to see
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 10:59:29 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Oh, Lord. I didn''t even know Barry cut Asschers. This is going to be just miserable when I start seeing all of these lovelies because all my projects are on hold so we can get our backyard done!

This next few months is going to be torture for me . . . delicious, bling addicted, torture.
2.gif
I hear you, after I get one of his asscher modified I have to halt for a couple of months until after the final ering reset project uggg..

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 1:59:13 PM
Author: cellentani

30.gif
Thats beautiful!

31.gif
I actually emailed him a couple of days ago, basically asking him if I could be wait-listed for an asscher, and he responded with this:

''I probably won''t be going into full production on the asschers, but I''ll cut the rough that''s suitable for that shape and just
put them on the ''What''s New'' page as I get them done.''

So I guess we''ll all see what happens, but I''m looking forward to seeing some!
he really has such keen eye for what shape is appropriate for the rough ehh??

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 2:39:52 PM
Author: loriken214
Here is Barry''s first octagonal ''asscher'' stone! He doesn''t feel comfortable calling them asschers. I told Barry that there would be a nice demand for these octagonal shaped stones and warned him in advance.
27.gif

30.gif
36.gif

Lori
LORI- HUBBBA HUBBA yummmy GEM... i''m so jealous... what size is it again?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 3:17:03 PM

Date: 6/1/2009 2:39:52 PM
Author: loriken214
Here is Barry''s first octagonal ''asscher'' stone! He doesn''t feel comfortable calling them asschers. I told Barry that there would be a nice demand for these octagonal shaped stones and warned him in advance.
27.gif

30.gif
36.gif

Lori
LORI- HUBBBA HUBBA yummmy GEM... i''m so jealous... what size is it again?
I know, isn''t it beautiful?! I think that thing''s over 9mm, but Lori will have to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results