shape
carat
color
clarity

Dockman3 returns....and is engaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everybody! I''m sorry I haven''t been on here in a while, but things with school got really crazy and things with life in general got really crazy. I''m two weeks away from finishing up my dissertation for my PhD and I''ve gotten two good job offers that I had to think about. Now, after much time and deliberation, I''ve decided to accept a position in Boston starting this summer and I''m moving there with my new FI!!

For those who forgot what the ring looked like, here''s a link to my SMTR thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shameless-bragging-but-i-love-this-ring.88222/

I bought this for her back in June and have been holding it for her since. I almost proposed back in August on the top of Half Dome in Yosemite NP, but that didn''t work out. I''ve been waiting for a good time to propose, and this turned out to be it. Yesterday, Friday the 13th, was our 5 year anniversary. That''s right, our first date was on Friday the 13th and it ended on Valentine''s Day. We live near Chicago, so I told her to get the day off of work and we''d celebrate. I didn''t tell her any of my plans before hand and this was all a surprise. I took her downtown and we went ice skating at Millennium Park on Michigan Ave and then we went for a walk through the park. I found a nice secluded area overlooking Lake Michigan and proposed to her! She said yes (of course), and then we went back to the hotel to get ready for the evening. I had booked us two tickets aboard a Lake Michigan dinner cruise with dinner and dancing and everything. We went on our cruise to celebrate with each other and now I''m letting everybody else know what happened!

I don''t have any hand pics yet, but I''ll get some by tomorrow and post them. I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone here again for all your help and support. This is a great place, and I hope to come by more often now that school is wrapping up.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow dockman - what a great set of things to celebrate - finishing up your PhD soon, a job offer, a new FI
9.gif
and a move to Boston - YAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It sounds like things are going really well for you, and I''m so happy to hear it - congratulations to you and your new FI, and especially on the PhD and the job - I''m there too (have a hopefully final thesis committee meeting coming up and starting a new job in August), so I know what hard work it is - you should be very proud of yourself!!
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations
36.gif

I can''t believe you waited 9 months
23.gif
. Better hope she never finds this forum
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! The ring is gorgeous and you planned a really special proposal! I know she is thrilled!
36.gif
Thank you for coming back to tell us about it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, Congrats. What a lovely proposal!! Such a gorgeous ring. Best wishes to you both. Thanks so much for the update!!!!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, what a lovely proposal
1.gif
Many congrats to you and your FI
36.gif

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Yeah, 9 months was a long time, but it was worth it. I always knew it would, I just had to be patient. Thanks again!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 6:37:02 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Wow dockman - what a great set of things to celebrate - finishing up your PhD soon, a job offer, a new FI
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It sounds like things are going really well for you, and I''m so happy to hear it - congratulations to you and your new FI, and especially on the PhD and the job - I''m there too (have a hopefully final thesis committee meeting coming up and starting a new job in August), so I know what hard work it is - you should be very proud of yourself!!
9.gif

Amber- Congrats to you too! Finishing up seems to be the hardest part for me. Just so many little things to get done to make it official. Good luck with the final committee meeting and the new job!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Dockman, for all of the great things you have to celebrate!!
36.gif

And nice to see you posting again.
35.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - it is a beautiful ring - can''t wait to see hand shots! Did you buy the wedding band to match the ring or is this something she will select?

You are a man of great patience - congrats again on a job well done!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations!!!!! I''m so very happy for you!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 8:27:32 PM
Author: dockman3
Date: 2/14/2009 6:37:02 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

Amber- Congrats to you too! Finishing up seems to be the hardest part for me. Just so many little things to get done to make it official. Good luck with the final committee meeting and the new job!

Thanks! I hear you on all the little things - I''m trying to give myself tons of extra time for all the things that I''m sure will come up, but I''m still worried about finishing in time for August
3.gif

I''m sure we''ll both make it though!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations :), I wish you both the best together :).

Your a patient man waiting 9mths LOL

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Great proposal!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I can''t believe that you waited 9 months either. But timing is everything!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s fantastic, Dockman!! Congrats on all the great things going on in your life!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your proposal and the job! Life''s looking good!
36.gif

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 9:07:34 PM
Author: arjunajane
Congrats Dockman, for all of the great things you have to celebrate!!
36.gif

And nice to see you posting again.
35.gif

Thanks AJ! Its nice to be back, but for the next two weeks at least, I''ll still be scarce. Once that dissertation is out of my hands, I''ll have some more time to start coming back around here.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 9:34:58 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Congratulations - it is a beautiful ring - can''t wait to see hand shots! Did you buy the wedding band to match the ring or is this something she will select?

You are a man of great patience - congrats again on a job well done!

Thanks so much!!

No, I didn''t buy the wedding band to match. She''s not sure if she''ll want the one with 5 smaller stones on it or if that''s going to be too much for her, so I''ll take her to go look at them sometime in the near future. It turns out that I actually picked the one ring from her collection that was a size bigger than the others to size the ER, so we have to bring it in to get it resized anyway. At least it was a half size too big and not too small!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for your kind words!! It means a lot to me. I''m sorry I don''t have time right now to reply to everyone individually, but I''ll try to keep coming back and thank as many of you as I can!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey I wondered where you were, CONGRATS Dockman!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Woo-hoo!! It''s about time!!!
28.gif

I''ve been waiting for those hand pics since you first posted that you bought it!!!!!
41.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! glad you didn''t lose the ring up on Half Dome!

mz

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, sounds like it was worth the wait. The proposal sounds like it was perfect.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the PhD and getting engaged! Sounds like things are falling into place for you! Lovely ring too!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!! beautiful ring too!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everybody! Quick update on the hand pics. It turns out that I got the size wrong and it was a bit too big. We took it in today to get it resized and I should have it back in a couple of days and then I''ll get the hand pics up. Thanks again for all the kind words!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Looking forward to hand pics!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Dockman, thanks for giving us an update!! I''ve wondered what happened to you! CONGRATS on the engagement and the job offer!

You''ll have to come to a Boston get together and we can share Yosemite photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results