shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your diamond pendant 24/7?...

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it stay “clean”?

Currently I put my pendant on as I’m leaving the house, and it comes off as soon as I get home. But since my nails are longer, it’s becoming a pain (it takes me multiple tries to put it on and take it off). I’m considering starting to wear my diamond pendant 24/7 but I’m afraid it will start looking gunky fast from the shower (soap residue).

I want to hear what the ladies who wear their diamond necklaces 24/7 have to say!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have done it for periods of time just because of laziness! I am really careful with my jewelry and never sleep in anything else! I will tell you that yes, it definitely gets dirty faster due to showering with it on. So as a result, it needs to be cleaned more often. My newest pendant, which is not an everyday one, has a lobster claw clasp and I find that easier to take on and off. I am getting a new solitaire pendant very soon, and that will also have the lobster clasp so I can hopefully make myself take on and off daily!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a three stone diamond pendant that I wear every day. I do sleep in it as the chain does not kink so it is not a problem. I think a pendant does get dirty because it lays on the skin and there is always some oil on the skin. However, when I shower, I lather up my hair with shampoo and then take some of the soapy shampoo and wash my pendant with it. Most shampoos are great on grease. After I get dressed, if I have used hairspray, I just bend over the sink and rinse my pendant off again just to make sure it doesn't have a film on it. I do take it off about once a week for a good cleaning but it is sparkling all week!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After I get dressed, if I have used hairspray, I just bend over the sink and rinse my pendant off again just to make sure it doesn't have a film on it.
I already figured I would use the foaming cleanser HPD gave me (to clean my CBIs) for my pendant in the shower. But why did I not think of this??? Doh.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think if you use the diamond cleaner at the end of the shower, that would help a lot to avoid any soap scum build up! I'll have to try that!:lol:

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
I would worry about the chain getting caught in something and broken if I slept in it. Knowing my luck, the broken chain would be still around my neck and the diamond pendant would be lot forever

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my stud earrings 24/7 and don't clean them as often as I should. They definitely get dirty quickly! But it makes things easier to just leave them in my ears haha.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody is mentioning wear and tear on the chain.
I have seen some chains with links that are worn very thin due to years of constant wear.
Also, the bail can become "chewed" from constant abrasion from the links.
I once had a friend ask me to repair a chain that she wore 24/7. I couldn't believe the condition of that chain!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I have a pendant that I wear 24/7 and I have had to replace the chain once, after about 12 years of wear. I just like to have it on all the time and live with the consequences!

Q

Queenie60

I use one of the costco eye glass cleaner pads and wipe my diamonds off when in a hurry. It works and gives it a bit of a shine when I don't have time to clean. They're alcohol based.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should probably add that the pendant is fixed, so there wouldn’t be wear from the bale over the chain. However, @Rose-gold-or-bust mentioned the chain getting kinks, which I hadn’t thought of. :blackeye:

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If I do wear it 24/7, I will put the pendant in the back of my neck while I spray perfume, neck cream, etc.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my stud earrings 24/7 and don't clean them as often as I should. They definitely get dirty quickly! But it makes things easier to just leave them in my ears haha.
How often do you have to take them out and clean them because the diamonds are dirty enough to bother you?

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pendant is a pain to take on/off so I wear it for weeks at a time. It needs an ultrasonic dip about every two weeks and I give it a little squirt of the lavish foam cleanser in the shower every so often in between deep cleaning. The chains were relatively inexpensive so I don't worry too much about wearing them out but assume I'll have to replace them eventually.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should probably add that the pendant is fixed, so there wouldn’t be wear from the bale over the chain. However, @Rose-gold-or-bust mentioned the chain getting kinks, which I hadn’t thought of. :blackeye:
You will probably be OK wearing it 24/7. You 'll just have to be conscious of it when changing clothes, or other activities where the necklace might get jostled. And at the salon. I once heard of a hairdresser snipping someone's necklace!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine 24/7. I also clean it while I'm wearing it with a wet cloth and dry with a jewelry cloth. It gets a real cleaning about every 2 weeks or so.
I've never had any problems. I would go nuts if I had to take it off/on every day.

croqueusedediamants

Rough_Rock
I never sleep or shower with jewelry on, not even tiny stud earrings. I go to the gym frequently too, and, for safety reasons, I would not want to wear any jewelry during my workouts. My diamond pendant used to be quite easy to take off because it was on a long platinum chain and could be lifted off without unclasping. My child recently snuck the necklace to play with and broke the chain in a few spots. I did not find all the pieces, and, when the chain was repaired, it was four inches shorter. Now I have to clasp and unclasp. Luckily, it is not too difficult. I take it off at night, wipe it with a polishing cloth, and put it in a vintage velvet-lined ringbox I keep in a vanity drawer.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Never bathe, exercise, or swim with my jewelry.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It doesn’t bother me to fall asleep wearing my necklace, or to suddenly realise I’m wearing it in the shower, but I should take it off while doing skin care.

I set up a miniature Mason jar set, one with with diluted dish soap and the other with rubbing alcohol, to soak then rinse whatever bling I have on. But sometimes I forget.

I’m trying out a new grapeseed oil skin care regimen and can you imagine trying to get that stuff out of a silver collet bezel. Yuck! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results