shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you use an air purifier? Do they work?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone here use an air purifier? What are your thoughts on their effectiveness? Is having very good filters in our HVAC sufficient or should we get an air purifier? I just bought a Miele C3 vacuum cleaner to help remove dust and allergens, and am considering getting an air purifier as well...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you have pets, they help with dander. We have dogs and cats and they pick up a lot of things in the air you would not know are there. The key is to keeping up with the carbon filters and the regular filters in the units. They get pretty gross- or at least they do in our house.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Vornado air purifier and it works well. I bought it because I have allergies to the dust mites from the heating in the winter and sometimes to my dogs/cat.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have two in my house. Obtained in March 2020. I’ve had a bunch of painting/sanding and construction in my house this year. Plus 3 dogs and 1 cat. And a house being constructed behind mine. I think they help. Mine have a stretchy fabric on the outside air inputs. You’re supposed to wipe those off - they do collect a lot of dust. My filters last 6 months or so. The air purifiers are not inexpensive. But maybe get one and try it out? I didn’t get the Dyson. Too much $$ for my experiment with them.

also I have two Dyson vacuums, a long stick vacuum by someone else that’s great and a Hoover to contain the hair, dust, etc.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Yes - we have 2. I have 2 dogs and a cat, plus our chickens are set up in a brooder in our house (only when we add to the flock, so a few months/ year) since we have no garage or basement. Works well! I also have a Miele so that def helps. They’re good vacuums. We just added a Roomba to the mix to help keep things as clean as possible.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! I may order one. We have 3 "active" vacuums - the Miele C3, a Dyson handheld stick, and an iRobot. I find all of them to be very useful for different purposes. The Miele is best for carpet and I keep it clean for furniture. The Dyson I use in the kitchen and around the house, for stairs, etc. The iRobot I keep in the kitchen and dining room area!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!!! During the bushfires I ran one for Hubby because he is my precious pookums! They work! The air that comes out of it is delicious! Like oh so so so very clean and clear!

You will sniff the difference trust me!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!!! During the bushfires I ran one for Hubby because he is my precious pookums! They work! The air that comes out of it is delicious! Like oh so so so very clean and clear!

You will sniff the difference trust me!

Which one did you get?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching this thread with interest, bc I have pretty bad allergies to dust mites and also we have 3 cats.

Thanks. Dyson seems super popular. It's also super expensive.

It is, but I bought it on sale and it’s been worth every penny. There are other brands that would be equally good though I’m sure! I think my parents have a Honeywell air purifier and they’re really happy with that as well.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is, but I bought it on sale and it’s been worth every penny. There are other brands that would be equally good though I’m sure! I think my parents have a Honeywell air purifier and they’re really happy with that as well.

Great, thank you.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one did you get?

It works brilliantly but it's small so will only do one room.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It works brilliantly but it's small so will only do one room.

Ah ok. So maybe just for the bedroom then? That may still be helpful, since I spend a lot of time there. Thank you.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah ok. So maybe just for the bedroom then? That may still be helpful, since I spend a lot of time there. Thank you.

It's very portable so you can move it around to whichever room you wish to purify.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very portable so you can move it around to whichever room you wish to purify.

Perfect!!:)

Do you need to leave it on for say 1/2 hr to 1 hr before you occupy that room?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect!!:)

Do you need to leave it on for say 1/2 hr to 1 hr before you occupy that room?

No during the bushfires we just turned it on whenever the air was bad because the air was universally bad in every room. You can turn it on and breath in the air that comes out of it and you'll be breathing in clean air instantly.

The overall room will be much cleaner and fresher after 30 min though!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No during the bushfires we just turned it on whenever the air was bad because the air was universally bad in every room. You can turn it on and breath in the air that comes out of it and you'll be breathing in clean air instantly.

The overall room will be much cleaner and fresher after 30 min though!

Wow!! So helpful to know. Thank you so much.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rabbit brand air purifiers are highly regarded as being among the best. Most people who keep multiple birds as pets have them.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Molekule. Very small, very efficient and very quiet.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I love my air purifiers. I have two Alen BreatheSmart 45i’s and one 75i. They really do a great job. In the kitchen area I have the 75i with the Heavy Odor Antimicrobial True HEPA Filter. And for the 45i’s they have the True HEPA-Odorcell filter which is able to filter out mold and bacteria. I believe it’s this filter that’s able to grab coronavirus or similar airborne viruses. The filters last almost a year for me and I have 5 animals and a bunch of fur and pet dander.

Edit: forgot to add that what put me over the edge is their lifetime warranty. Anything goes wrong, they will try to fix it, if not, they send you a new one. Forever.

Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, we utilize and air filter/purifier. And I think works very well. We also have a miele which does offer hepa filtration while running. We rely on our dyson air filter/purifier. It is run 24/7.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t personally, but I know DS has bought 4 for his house.

He got these and is really pleased with them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results