Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you use an air purifier? Do they work?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone here use an air purifier? What are your thoughts on their effectiveness? Is having very good filters in our HVAC sufficient or should we get an air purifier? I just bought a Miele C3 vacuum cleaner to help remove dust and allergens, and am considering getting an air purifier as well...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you have pets, they help with dander. We have dogs and cats and they pick up a lot of things in the air you would not know are there. The key is to keeping up with the carbon filters and the regular filters in the units. They get pretty gross- or at least they do in our house.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Vornado air purifier and it works well. I bought it because I have allergies to the dust mites from the heating in the winter and sometimes to my dogs/cat.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have two in my house. Obtained in March 2020. I’ve had a bunch of painting/sanding and construction in my house this year. Plus 3 dogs and 1 cat. And a house being constructed behind mine. I think they help. Mine have a stretchy fabric on the outside air inputs. You’re supposed to wipe those off - they do collect a lot of dust. My filters last 6 months or so. The air purifiers are not inexpensive. But maybe get one and try it out? I didn’t get the Dyson. Too much $$ for my experiment with them.

also I have two Dyson vacuums, a long stick vacuum by someone else that’s great and a Hoover to contain the hair, dust, etc.

winnietucker

Brilliant_Rock
Yes - we have 2. I have 2 dogs and a cat, plus our chickens are set up in a brooder in our house (only when we add to the flock, so a few months/ year) since we have no garage or basement. Works well! I also have a Miele so that def helps. They’re good vacuums. We just added a Roomba to the mix to help keep things as clean as possible.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! I may order one. We have 3 "active" vacuums - the Miele C3, a Dyson handheld stick, and an iRobot. I find all of them to be very useful for different purposes. The Miele is best for carpet and I keep it clean for furniture. The Dyson I use in the kitchen and around the house, for stairs, etc. The iRobot I keep in the kitchen and dining room area!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.