shape
carat
color
clarity

do you think Weiner posted the picture?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, if he had come clean, he might have stood a chance. I guess it depends on what degree of "ethical behavior" you expect from your congressman. Watching him lie in some of those interviews were painful to watch - sad to see this guy being questioned on why he doesn't recognize his own package.

He blatantly lied. That puts a black mark on his integrity, doesn't it? And fair or not, aren't politicians held to a higher standard of integrity?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1307658392|2942005 said:
Well, if he had come clean, he might have stood a chance. I guess it depends on what degree of "ethical behavior" you expect from your congressman. Watching him lie in some of those interviews were painful to watch - sad to see this guy being questioned on why he doesn't recognize his own package.

He blatantly lied. That puts a black mark on his integrity, doesn't it? And fair or not, aren't politicians held to a higher standard of integrity?

The thing is, politicians blatantly lie about things that actually matter on a daily basis. It was stupid and he absolutely should have come clean about it, but I'd rather be lied to about a tweeted dick picture than be lied to about weapons of mass destruction.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1307658960|2942009 said:

The thing is, politicians blatantly lie about things that actually matter on a daily basis. It was stupid and he absolutely should have come clean about it, but I'd rather be lied to about a tweeted dick picture than be lied to about weapons of mass destruction.

Sure, true! But to me, it's a matter of just...well, stupidity! And it's not a party thing either...I've been out of it with the news lately, but I believe it was a republican a few weeks ago who posted those idiotic pics of himself shirtless to someone on craigslist? I thought, seriously, WTF are you doing...don't you have a job to do and know that IN your job, you will PAY if you get caught doing something SO lame?

I mean, how can a guy named weiner set himself up for something like this? I have to question his brain cells.

I'm over simplifying, of course. But my guess is that if he were a republican, with ideals that were quite different than what you (collectively, not you T2) believe, then people would call on him to resign based on his attempted cover up.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="thing2of2

I 100% don't think he should resign and I wouldn't if I were in his shoes. I will admit that I am disappointed in him, only because I actually liked him for all the reasons your friend wrote. I would prefer he not be a d-bag who sends embarrassing sexts and ridiculous photos, but I still like the vast majority of his policy positions. :cheeky:[/quote]

but he scare my granny out of her panty... :(sad

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1307659387|2942015 said:
thing2of2|1307658960|2942009 said:

Sure, true! But to me, it's a matter of just...well, stupidity! And it's not a party thing either...I've been out of it with the news lately, but I believe it was a republican a few weeks ago who posted those idiotic pics of himself shirtless to someone on craigslist? I thought, seriously, WTF are you doing...don't you have a job to do and know that IN your job, you will PAY if you get caught doing something SO lame?

I mean, how can a guy named weiner set himself up for something like this? I have to question his brain cells.

I'm over simplifying, of course. But my guess is that if he were a republican, with ideals that were quite different than what you (collectively, not you T2) believe, then people would call on him to resign based on his attempted cover up.

Well both Republicans and Democrats are calling for him to resign, and so are some commentators who lean left.

I actually do think it's worse when Republicans get busted in these scandals because they bill themselves as "Family Values" politicians and then it turns out they've been trying to bang the underage male pages.

I agree that it was beyond stupid to engage in this kind of behavior, but does it really affect his ability to do his job? It wouldn't affect the ability of me to do my job if I was sending out naked pics to strangers on Twitter and FB. And lying to the press was obviously wrong and stupid, but unfortunately there are no laws against lying to the press!

ETA and the same goes for the NY rep who sent out pics on CL-it's wrong to cheat on your wife but again, I don't see how that affects his ability to do his job.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="TravelingGal|1307659387|

I'm over simplifying, of course. But my guess is that if he were a republican, with ideals that were quite different than what you (collectively, not you T2) believe, then people would call on him to resign based on his attempted cover up.[/quote]

Dems play by a different set of rules... they have no shame.. ;))

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1307660616|2942029 said:
[quote="TravelingGal|1307659387|

Dems play by a different set of rules... they have no shame.. ;))[/quote]

As much as you love to break every single solitary thing on the planet into 2, DF, having no shame is simply a characteristic of our society. Shame is seen as a bad thing nowadays and pretty much anything that doesn't have an explicit law against it, is OK. No shame required. Right?

In the immortal words of some on this board, people vary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="thing2of2|

Well both Republicans and Democrats are calling for him to resign, and so are some commentators who lean left.

I actually do think it's worse when Republicans get busted in these scandals because they bill themselves as "Family Values" politicians and then it turns out they've been trying to bang the underage male pages.

[/quote]
i actually think what Weiner did is worse than what Clinton done with Monica.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I'm sure most of Congress are liars, cheaters, or megalomaniacs. That being said, he should have been honest from the start and admitted he posted it. Then he should have gone with the strategy of saying "It was a joke to a friend. When your last name is Weiner and you have been teased all your life about your last name your sense of humor gets a little extreme". The lies he made up were awful and painful to watch.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1307880398|2943949 said:

I'm sure most of Congress are liars, cheaters, or megalomaniacs. That being said, he should have been honest from the start and admitted he posted it. Then he should have gone with the strategy of saying "It was a joke to a friend. When your last name is Weiner and you have been teased all your life about your last name your sense of humor gets a little extreme". The lies he made up were awful and painful to watch.

There are alot of different ways he could have handled this, but he didn't and that's the whole point. True character comes out in moments of panic, when your handlers aren't advising you and when you think no one is watching. And this is how he chose to handle it...for days. And today, he is choosing to cling onto his little piece of power despite the clamors from seniors in his own party to take the high road. So yes, to me it does count because who wants a dude who makes decisions like this representing hard working constiituents? It's not just a weiner shot, it's the repeated behavior of lying, arrogance and wasting of tax payers' time (which ='s money). The last batch of shots are him grabbing himself in the congressional gym...dozens of photos. The other shots appeared to be in his office - and these are only the ones that are now public - I mean he seems to have ALOT of free time. And now the pathetic attempt to hide behind "rehab". His days are numbered and the fact that he has few political friends supporting him also speaks volumes.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1307832793|2943604 said:
[quote="thing2of2|

i actually think what Weiner did is worse than what Clinton done with Monica.[/quote]

Really? I don't know, I'd say getting beejes in the Oval Office is much, much worse than sending out naked pictures. Why do you think Weiner's behavior is worse?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
janinegirly|1307884415|2943974 said:

There are alot of different ways he could have handled this, but he didn't and that's the whole point. True character comes out in moments of panic, when your handlers aren't advising you and when you think no one is watching. And this is how he chose to handle it...for days. And today, he is choosing to cling onto his little piece of power despite the clamors from seniors in his own party to take the high road. So yes, to me it does count because who wants a dude who makes decisions like this representing hard working constiituents? It's not just a weiner shot, it's the repeated behavior of lying, arrogance and wasting of tax payers' time (which ='s money). The last batch of shots are him grabbing himself in the congressional gym...dozens of photos. The other shots appeared to be in his office - and these are only the ones that are now public - I mean he seems to have ALOT of free time. And now the pathetic attempt to hide behind "rehab". His days are numbered and the fact that he has few political friends supporting him also speaks volumes.

The whole "wasting tax payer's dollars" argument is pretty silly here. Do you really think every other congressperson doesn't waste time at work? And how is being at the gym work?

Congressional Republicans continue to pass absurd, partisan bills that they know have absolutely no chance of getting passed in the Senate or signed by the President. And they continue to block the confirmation of necessary appointees for no other reason than obstructionism. That's a real waste of taxpayer's time and money.

I agree that the whole idea of rehab is ridiculous here. Rehab for what? Being a sleazy d-bag? Come on!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
janinegirly|1307884415|2943974 said:

I wasn't defending him, I was just giving an option on how to try and get out of it. :rolleyes: You are correct though, true charachter comes out in panic moments, I agree with almost everything you posted.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1307400458|2939285 said:
Kaleigh|1307399782|2939271 said:
I can't wait to see the headlines on tomorrows Papers..

My kids learned about a certain act back when Clinton was President.. They were little and I was like god how do I explain this??

This is just another policitican gone bad... Wonder what Arnold has to say?? :rolleyes:

As someone said in another thread, the one thing all these people have in common is a penis. Women have extramarital sex, too, but somehow they just don't do the same things men do. For instance, they don't take pictures of their genitals and send them to everyone they know!

There's a piece in today's "The New York Times" on why women don't get caught up in sex scandals, "When It Comes to Scandal, Girls Won’t Be Boys".

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/weekinreview/12women.html?_r=1&src=ISMR_HP_LO_MST_FB

AGBF
:read:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="thing2of2|1307888257

Really? I don't know, I'd say getting beejes in the Oval Office is much, much worse than sending out naked pictures. Why do you think Weiner's behavior is worse?[/quote]

thing2
IMO...what Clinton did was none of our business. he didn't sent any pics to some "possible minors" to view.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rumor has it that Congressman Weiner is going to run for president and that he has chosen Attorney General Eric Holder as his running mate.

Get your Weiner-Holder bumper stickers early, before they are all gone.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
:errrr:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1307966016|2944601 said:
Rumor has it that Congressman Weiner is going to run for president and that he has chosen Attorney General Eric Holder as his running mate.

Get your Weiner-Holder bumper stickers early, before they are all gone.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
"Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

Nobody seems to have that anymore. :nono:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone explain why these pictures would turn on any woman??? I guess I just don't understand. If I caught my husband sending pics of himself standing in front of a mirror with a towel on and holding his junk, I would be really confused before I'd be upset. He apparently hasn't met up with them, and while I still do consider this as "cheating" in so much as he's not respecting our private union, I would have a harder time understanding how this is turning him on. If he's receiving similar pics from unknown ladies, couldn't he just go out and get a Playboy? I really don't understand. Is he doing this and only this in the hopes that he can't be classified as "cheating"? And it's not like it's the beginning of a relationship that leads to sex...he has been doing this for years. Seriously. Someone explain. I guess it's the notion that men are more visual?

I don't believe for a second that his wife knew that he was into this before they got married.

And I agree with thing2. This is not as bad as Clinton/Monica.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie: read up on malignant narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder. You'll learn all about why he does what he does.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl -- thank you for replying. No, I'm familiar with the terms, actually from a legal case I was involved with. I get that he has this superinflated notion of himself, etc. But I guess I don't understand how sending/receiving pictures is a enough of a turn-on to jeopardize your character. I *get* that he thinks he's above the law, or that he would never get caught. But I just think the whole thing is ridiculous.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

weiner.jpg

Abril

Shiny_Rock
I heard that John Boehner might be the next congressman to be embroiled in a sex scandal. First Weiner and now Boehner ("boner")! Does having a last name that's a euphemism for male genitalia predict naughty behavior?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results