clarity

do you think Weiner posted the picture?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1307402724|2939332 said:
"he can't be that stupid,can he?... "

Well, kinda looks that way . . .

That's what comes of thinking with one's weiner. :bigsmile:

You'd think a guy named Weiner would at least be smart enough to refrain from giving the media a FIELD DAY with all the weiner jokes.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1307009256|2936088 said:
I think it's pretty fishy that of all the twitter users in the world, only this one woman got the picture. This one 22 year old woman. Right, I'm sure.

It's not his account that was hacked, it was hers, she hacked it to make it look like she got it. It's not hard. I can send out and email from the White House right now, with a white house email address as the return. It's called e-mail address spoofing. I'm sure this little twit did something like that.

Anyone that has watched this guy over the years Knows he is not the type. At All. I would hate to see one of the few good guys left in Congress get messed up by some 22 year old little twinkie.

oops. no further comment

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1307402935|2939334 said:
I think it's pretty fishy that of all the twitter users in the world, only this one woman got the picture. This one 22 year old woman. Right, I'm sure.

It's not his account that was hacked, it was hers, she hacked it to make it look like she got it. It's not hard. I can send out and email from the White House right now, with a white house email address as the return. It's called e-mail address spoofing. I'm sure this little twit did something like that.

Anyone that has watched this guy over the years Knows he is not the type. At All. I would hate to see one of the few good guys left in Congress get messed up by some 22 year old little twinkie.

Are you saying he DIDN'T take the photo? :rolleyes: Who do you think was standing behind him and leaned over his should to get a photo of Weiner and his package displayed in his tighties? Puh-leeze.

Check the date, Holly-this post was from well before Weiner admitted to everything.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1307403082|2939340 said:
HollyS|1307402935|2939334 said:

Are you saying he DIDN'T take the photo? :rolleyes: Who do you think was standing behind him and leaned over his should to get a photo of Weiner and his package displayed in his tighties? Puh-leeze.

Check the date, Holly-this post was from well before Weiner admitted to everything.

Yup. I know. I edited myself.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh jeez. Can you imagine what went through his head when he realized it posted publicly?!? It's like that email you send to "reply all" by accident and realize someone on there shouldn't be seeing what you just sent. Magnified by a billion.

I'm glad he came forward and said the truth. 10 days late, but at least he did this much. Probably had to, since someone was going to come forward about it, but it's better to hear it from him. His poor wife. She's really pretty!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie|1307404078|2939355 said:
His poor wife. She's really pretty!

Lanie, I am not aiming any barbs at you, but I get really sick of hearing comments about the looks of every woman with whom every philandering male becomes involved. When Arnold Schwarzengegger got his wiener found wandering, not only did everyone on earth put forth an opinion on his "woman friend's" appearance, but everyone had to weigh in on Maria Shriver and how she had aged and on whether she was a worthwhile "f*ck" for Arnold (in Internet parlance). As if marriage was meaningless and we all here on the 'net agreed that all that mattered was whether old Maria had turned into a "bag of bones" Arnold would still want to "f*ck" or had become "fugly", the supposed curse of Kennedy women as they aged!!!

When are people going to get it that women aren't here to service men? That as we age, we don't have the duty to remain young looking in order to have worth? If we don't stand up for ourselves, no one else will stand up for us. I say that enough is enough. I don't care if these guys have pretty wives or not. They have no right to behave badly towards their wives.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1307399193|2939263 said:
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :errrr:

Weiner just admitted that he sent pictures of himself everywhere.

PLUS: During today's press conference, a reporter said that there were also X-rated pics out there, and could Weiner confidently deny their existance? Weiner said no, he couldn't be sure. :shock:

WHY CAN'T MEN KEEP IT IN THEIR PANTS? Is it REALLY that difficult? SERIOUSLY?!!
wellll..sometime IT needs to come out for some fresh air... :wink2:

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
I guess if Medicare or unemployment had penis pics, our media would be all over that. :tongue:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1307415159|2939545 said:
Who's next?

Apparently the king of Sweden.

-A

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i hope his Principal (Pelosi) will do the appropriate and expel him from school.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1307407561|2939422 said:

Lanie, I am not aiming any barbs at you, but I get really sick of hearing comments about the looks of every woman with whom every philandering male becomes involved. When Arnold Schwarzengegger got his wiener found wandering, not only did everyone on earth put forth an opinion on his "woman friend's" appearance, but everyone had to weigh in on Maria Shriver and how she had aged and on whether she was a worthwhile "f*ck" for Arnold (in Internet parlance). As if marriage was meaningless and we all here on the 'net agreed that all that mattered was whether old Maria had turned into a "bag of bones" Arnold would still want to "f*ck" or had become "fugly", the supposed curse of Kennedy women as they aged!!!

When are people going to get it that women aren't here to service men? That as we age, we don't have the duty to remain young looking in order to have worth? If we don't stand up for ourselves, no one else will stand up for us. I say that enough is enough. I don't care if these guys have pretty wives or not. They have no right to behave badly towards their wives.

Deb/AGBF

Deb, this is one of the best things I have seen on P.S. in a while. I am with you on standing up for women...we are worthwhile even as we age. Also, a great majority of us aren't born models and some of us even like it that way.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
These men aren't much to look at either... overcompensation, i tell ya...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Urg. What a disgusting, stupid thing to do. And it would have to be someone whose opinions I mostly support. I was really hoping that when he said people often do mischievous things as pranks because of his name that it would turn out to be true. No such luck.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Deb/AGBF

Absolutely. Positively. One hundred percent on the mark.

I think it is a horrible consequence of 'celebrity culture' that the world views women as worth only what their looks will purchase. We, as a culture, (Western culture, anyway), see beauty as being skin deep, not soul deep. It's a shame, since women are more confident, more centered, more informed, more in-tune with themselves and the world they inhabit . . . after they have a few miles on their odometer.

And . . . there isn't anything sadder, more undignified, or more pathetic than a woman who tries too desperately to hang on to the bloom of youth.

That being said, Maria Shriver should gain some weight. Gaunt is not healthy. I'll assume, that she is not sleeping or eating as she should right now, and is looking much the worse for it. But a sandwich in the pie-hole couldn't hurt. I'm just sayin'. ;))

princesss

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1307489866|2940252 said:

Deb/AGBF

Absolutely. Positively. One hundred percent on the mark.

I think it is a horrible consequence of 'celebrity culture' that the world views women as worth only what their looks will purchase. We, as a culture, (Western culture, anyway), see beauty as being skin deep, not soul deep. It's a shame, since women are more confident, more centered, more informed, more in-tune with themselves and the world they inhabit . . . after they have a few miles on their odometer.

And . . . there isn't anything sadder, more undignified, or more pathetic than a woman who tries too desperately to hang on to the bloom of youth.

Deb, Holly, I adore these posts. Thank you!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1307490354|2940263 said:

princess-

You're always on the side of the angels. Or do I mean you're always on my side? Oh, what the heck! Dancing Fire calls me, the "Mother Teresa" of Pricescope. Maybe I am on the side of the angels!

On second thought, I think I had better take my night time meds. The likelihood is that I am delusional. But not about you, princess. You are peachy!

Hugs,
Deb

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
... I get really sick of hearing comments about the looks of every woman with whom every philandering male becomes involved. When Arnold Schwarzengegger got his wiener found wandering, not only did everyone on earth put forth an opinion on his "woman friend's" appearance, but everyone had to weigh in on Maria Shriver and how she had aged and on whether she was a worthwhile "f*ck" for Arnold (in Internet parlance). As if marriage was meaningless and we all here on the 'net agreed that all that mattered was whether old Maria had turned into a "bag of bones" Arnold would still want to "f*ck" or had become "fugly", the supposed curse of Kennedy women as they aged!!!

Deb/AGBF

Ditto, thritto, quadritto - I think what I'm trying to say here is, WORD.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Slightly OT, but as a New Yorker, I am sick to death of all the scandalous crap. Keep it in your pants, jerkfaces.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1307502155|2940453 said:
princesss|1307490354|2940263 said:

princess-

You're always on the side of the angels. Or do I mean you're always on my side? Oh, what the heck! Dancing Fire calls me, the "Mother Teresa" of Pricescope. Maybe I am on the side of the angels!

On second thought, I think I had better take my night time meds. The likelihood is that I am delusional. But not about you, princess. You are peachy!

Hugs,
Deb

Why, thank you, Deb! I just have a healthy admiration for women that speak their minds and challenge the ways people (women included) resort to basing the value of a woman on what the lowest common denominator deems important.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
he'll be history within 48hrs

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cakeny|1307572278|2941055 said:

The whole story is a study in insanity, something a psychodynamically oriented therapist would spend years on if Mr. Wiener ever entered therapy. His wife's being pregnant only adds more interest to what he was up to (from a psychological point of view). Now one has to ask: Was his behavior exactly the same before and after her pregnancy, or did he take more risks and unconsciously try harder to get caught once his wife became pregnant? I have no idea. He was acting like a nut all along and at some point it was going to catch up with him. I think he had an unconscious need to be caught and punished. But I don't know if the timing of being caught being concurrent with his wife's pregnancy was coincidental or not.

Deb/AGBF

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
his liberal colleagues (Reid/Pelosi) avoiding him like the Bubonic plague... :lol: couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.. :naughty:

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
cakeny|1307572278|2941055 said:

Ugh. This makes my heart hurt. I was just thinking the other day that at least she didn't have any children with him so that she could walk/run away from him and never have to give him another moment's thought. Words just can't express the level of his douchebaggery. Every time I see him on television, my stomach cringes. Just a gross, gross man.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Um, don't google the latest photo...

I don't get why some people were (past tense) so surprised at this guy's actions - he's always seemed sleazy (yet not smooth) to me. Same charaterstics which are causing him to cling on rather than take the high road and resign. And his wife is preggo too ugh - I don't get why the wives always stand by so loyally, at the very least I'd be out and about with a scoul on my face!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my stars. I didn't even check up on this thread after I posted my last statement. Glad I didn't or my day would have not been made.

Guess I really need to be on my toes with my opinions. I was just saying how pretty she is. No meaning behind it. The wedding photo they showed of them, she as stunning. I honestly didn't mean a thing by it. I will forever proofread my posts before submitting. Sheesh!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I may be alone in this, but ... at the end of the day, is anybody really surprised by this? Is it really worthy of all this media attention, or something worth resigning over?

Speaking for myself alone, so long as we're not talking about anything illegal or non-consensual, I just don't care about anybody's sex scandal. It feels like every other day, we're hearing about some politico who can't keep it in his pants - Democrat or Republican, it doesn't even matter. I find myself rolling my eyes a little harder at anybody who's campaigned on a platform of policing the sex lives of others, but at the end of the day ... you wanna spend your free time sexting coeds or supporting a financially impoverished rentboy? Have a ball! The only think I care about is whether my elected officials are successfully representing the platforms on which I voted for them.

Weiner, god help his waxed ass, has a pretty awesome record on the issues. To quote a friend of mine:

"he's got an 100% rating from NARAL, voting against the Partial-Birth Abortion Act, an 87% rating from the ACLU, and a 94% rating from the NAACP. He is a staunch advocate for single-payer health care, he's advocated for 9/11 first responders, and he's generally been an outspoken thorn in the Republican side. He's defended gay marriage, voted to protect gay men and lesbians from job discrimination, and voted against making the PATRIOT act permanent. He's in favor of an ERA and freedom of speech--including flag-burning. He's voted against prohibiting needle exchange programs and medical marijuana use. He's garnered a rating of 8% from the Christian Coalition, which is 8% more than I'd like to see, but still in the single digits.

I could go on, but you could also go look it up for yourself. I don't support all his positions, such as his claim that Amnesty International is biased against Israel, but I support a lot more of them than is usual for government official. A lot more."

Is any of that really outweighed by his messed up sex life? I think not ... and I think the prevalence of these cases indicates that it's the rule, rather than the exception. Hell, I'd posit that it always has been, but modern media scrutiny and idiot-proof technology makes it sooooooo much easier for them to get caught. So ... why do we keep being distracted from the issues by this stuff?

Me, I'm a lot more worried by the fact that domestic terrorist Randall Terry is considering a presidential run ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lanie|1307644636|2941828 said:
Oh my stars. I didn't even check up on this thread after I posted my last statement. Glad I didn't or my day would have not been made.

Guess I really need to be on my toes with my opinions. I was just saying how pretty she is. No meaning behind it. The wedding photo they showed of them, she as stunning. I honestly didn't mean a thing by it. I will forever proofread my posts before submitting. Sheesh!

Aw, Lanie, don't worry - I don't think anybody wanted to jump on you, particularly. It was more the match to the tinder of constant media commentary on the looks of cheated-on wives, from Silda Spitzer to Huma Abedin.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1307646494|2941853 said:
I may be alone in this, but ... at the end of the day, is anybody really surprised by this? Is it really worthy of all this media attention, or something worth resigning over?

Speaking for myself alone, so long as we're not talking about anything illegal or non-consensual, I just don't care about anybody's sex scandal. It feels like every other day, we're hearing about some politico who can't keep it in his pants - Democrat or Republican, it doesn't even matter. I find myself rolling my eyes a little harder at anybody who's campaigned on a platform of policing the sex lives of others, but at the end of the day ... you wanna spend your free time sexting coeds or supporting a financially impoverished rentboy? Have a ball! The only think I care about is whether my elected officials are successfully representing the platforms on which I voted for them.

Weiner, god help his waxed a$$, has a pretty awesome record on the issues. To quote a friend of mine:

"he's got an 100% rating from NARAL, voting against the Partial-Birth Abortion Act, an 87% rating from the ACLU, and a 94% rating from the NAACP. He is a staunch advocate for single-payer health care, he's advocated for 9/11 first responders, and he's generally been an outspoken thorn in the Republican side. He's defended gay marriage, voted to protect gay men and lesbians from job discrimination, and voted against making the PATRIOT act permanent. He's in favor of an ERA and freedom of speech--including flag-burning. He's voted against prohibiting needle exchange programs and medical marijuana use. He's garnered a rating of 8% from the Christian Coalition, which is 8% more than I'd like to see, but still in the single digits.

I could go on, but you could also go look it up for yourself. I don't support all his positions, such as his claim that Amnesty International is biased against Israel, but I support a lot more of them than is usual for government official. A lot more."

Is any of that really outweighed by his messed up sex life? I think not ... and I think the prevalence of these cases indicates that it's the rule, rather than the exception. Hell, I'd posit that it always has been, but modern media scrutiny and idiot-proof technology makes it sooooooo much easier for them to get caught. So ... why do we keep being distracted from the issues by this stuff?

Me, I'm a lot more worried by the fact that domestic terrorist Randall Terry is considering a presidential run ....

I 100% don't think he should resign and I wouldn't if I were in his shoes. I will admit that I am disappointed in him, only because I actually liked him for all the reasons your friend wrote. I would prefer he not be a d-bag who sends embarrassing sexts and ridiculous photos, but I still like the vast majority of his policy positions. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results