shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this stone is too small for my larger hands?

What is your honest opinion on this stone size for my hand?

• I think the size of the stone is just right for your hand.

Votes: 116 86.6%
  • I think if the stone was a little bit larger it would be better for more finger coverage.

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • I think it's way too small.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I think it's too large.

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
All my wonderful friends say it's perfect and all you wonderful pricescopers might agree......but I would love to see an
Anonymous Poll to see if truly this size stone is too small or just right for my hand size. I really am curious to get a general opinion. The diamond performs differently in different lighting. :confused: Each day it's got a different "personality."

This is my first try doing a poll, I hope it works!!!

Thank you all in advance for participating!!!!! :wavey:

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
Re: Do you think this stone is too small for my larger hands

I honestly think the stone looks just right on your hand, it is definitely not too small for your hand size! It is really lovely, relax and enjoy your gorgeous ring :twirl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, the diamond doesn't look to small on your hand at all.

Do you feel the stone looks too small, or that the overall ring gets lost? The delicate pave band is not for everyone IRL - if you want more overall presence you might consider a wider band that curves outward to meet the stone, like the sholdt semi-bezel http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/sholdt-jewelry/rings/35ZZ1/

And that's my objective, not-trying-to-be-nice opinion :))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with Yassie....

I think the stone is the perfect size.. maybe the band could be slightly wider which would give a larger appearance on your hand... it's a beautiful ring.... I love the look...

aussiemel

Rough_Rock

Yssie, that´s a really good point (you always have great advice :twirl: ) it could well be that the band is a bit too thin and iluvdiamonds2 feels that it doesn´t have enough presence on her hand, even though the centre stone is relatively large. Maybe a wider band would make her feel better.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock

It's a perfect fit for you. I'm coveting your ring and beautiful long fingers and nails :)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have to agree w/the others. I think the stone is just right, but the band is thin. I have large fingers (size 7.75) and thin bands (read; ering band) look odd. But I've tried on a solitaire w/a larger band and it looked so much better. Now I do like thin bands alone just for fun, ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well, it look big and gorgeous on your hand, so that means it is not "too small", whatever that is.

PreppyPeppyTiff

Rough_Rock

I think this ring looks wonderful on your hand. I have larger fingers as well and I often have the same concern (ring size 7.25). This is a beautiful ring on you :twirl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it looks great.

If you want a size boost, you could add a delicate halo. Or maybe mount it on a plain solitaire band instead of a pave band.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I voted it looks just right on you. The important thing is do you think it looks right on your hand?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ring and the stone are gorgeous - I remember it from the other thread. How about if you flanked the ering with two diamond bands? That would add more width and maybe just the umph you're looking for. The stone is outstanding and the ring is original, no? Sometimes you just can't make that ring better - you can only add other bands and things to it.

In all honesty, I love the proportion on your hand. I'm not sure what you're seeing when you look at your hand, but I see a beautiful ring!!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring size/finger size hits my personal sweet spot. I just love that look. If you are ok with responding what is your finger size and your diamond in mm? Like I said that pretty much is perfect in my opinion and I am trying to figure out the exact ratio that gives that effect.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I think that the ring looks great on your hand. I agree with others about the band width. However, before you go doing anything about it, I'd go try similar rings with wider bands on and make sure that gives you the look you want. If not, maybe try on a couple of smaller and larger stones and see how you feel about then. Don't rush into anything...that's what I'm really trying to say.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock

Not too big or small, just PERFECT!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everybody!! :wavey: I can't wait to read more responses and ideas and suggestions ! :read: :wavey:

The stone measures 7mm wide and finger is 6.5. Jeweler said I was a 7 the other day for a wider wedding band.
I was thinking about everything you all said. You hit it on the head! Here's what I was thinking:

1. I initially bought the ring with the intention of re-setting the diamond in a squarish setting, as I never was drawn to a round look, yet over time, I appreciated the integrity of the setting as well as how it allows you to fully view the faceting of the whole diamond. At the time, I chose this over a rectangular cushion stone; but of course have been thinking about "the one that got away" - I love diamonds! :love:

2. Thank you for the link for different, wider mounting. Interesting idea!!! I clicked on that link - that's a great idea - a wider band. I always admired the verragio one that swoops up to the stone, but then I'd be changing the setting...plus I seem to be drawn to milligraining, bead set diamonds and baguette combos....sparkly detailed settings......I know everyone loves the setting and don't know if I could bring myself to do it? I guess if I saw something in a store, I could have them put the stone in, just to see? If I like I can keep it for a while, then change bacK??? ( I would only do that if I could see them do it in front of me though).

3. Of course my other option is to one day either sell :o this one for a cushion (a rectangular one) for more finger coverage and get the longer look (not so round)???? :confused:

4. I was thinking about the Tiffany sw ing ring, the way it changes shapes and art deco - might go with this ring better???? What do you think of that ring with this ring?? :?:

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock

7mm wide is huge, not many people could have such a lovely size..
Enjoy it and wear it in good health.

I would not make a thicker band for the e-ring as I always feel dainty bands could make the diamond pops out more.
This is coming from someone who wasted alot of time and money spending on alot of different kinds of setting to finally realise simplicity is the best. My DH was right SPOT ON, but back then I just didn't heed his advice and go ahead with all kinds of very nice design.

But perhaps you may like a thicker band? No matter what, the diamond is gorgeous and certainly look great on your finger!!

oooohh shiny

Rough_Rock

I think it looks perfect, large without being gaudy. It's a beautiful ring.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you! I appreciate it! :wavey: I always think about the cushion i almost had. I chose this over that one....but this has more "fire" u know? I guess I can dress it up with the Tiffany style ring - alternating marquise and round shaped eternity band?? It's art deco style, similar to my antique diamond....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, wow, 7mm is much larger than the average diamond e-ring, so no, it does not look too small! It is beautiful! And I wouldn't worry for one second about the width of the e-ring shank! You'll only be wearing it alone for a short time! One look I really like to add width is to wear two thin bands below it...maybe a diamond band at the bottom, a plain band in between, and the e-ring at the top. I think that is an elegant look and avoids having the main diamond get lost like if you wore 2 diamond bands with the diamond e-ring shank.

(Oh, and you'd never want to take your stone out of the current setting to "try" it in other settings. That would be putting your stone at risk for unnecessary damage. With most designer settings, they should order a setting that is made for your finger size and stone size. But they should have samples that you can try on in the store. But I think you should focus on wedding bands and not on changing the setting you have.)

slg47

Ideal_Rock

ds I think that is a great idea! you could really change the look of your set by adding bands. I would go to a jewelry store and try some on to see what you like!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock

:appl: Beautiful! I think it has great size and presence...enjoy! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

no it does not look small at all! I think it is perfect the way it is!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock

Ditto everything diamondseeker said. Also, you do not have large hands!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it looks lovely on you! When I started looking at upgrade stones, I really thought I wanted a bigger setting, for more finger coverage. I ended up getting a very delicate 2mm band, and boy did it take a long time to get used too. But now I really love it and I actually think it makes my almost size 7 finger look smaller. I do stack it with a larger eternity though. Give it time, you might grow to
love it too!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

I think the size is perfect and I like your setting, but really it doesn't matter what we or your friends think, it matters what you think. ;))

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who voted in my poll and who wrote posts. I love u guys! Thanks!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results