shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this stone is of any good?

singapore

Rough_Rock
HI all, i have been looking for a stone and have came across this particular one which I fancied after looking at a few. I was hoping if you could give me a few pointers to see if this stone is of any good as it is my first time purchasing it. The specs are as follows:

GIA Report Number: 14575194
Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report
Date of Issue: March 15 2011
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.47 - 7.49 x 4.46 mm

Carat Weight: 1.50 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VVS2
Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:
Depth: 59.7%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 33.0°
Crown Height: 13.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Thin to Medium (3.0%)
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
Fluorescence: None
Key to symbols: pinpoint.

Hope to hear from you soon and thank you for taking the time out to read this post.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks promising from the numbers.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto - have you seen it, and did you like it? Or if not can you get pics/scan?

singapore

Rough_Rock
hi yssie and stone cold, thank you for taking the time to see my post. Yes i have seen it, and to be honest, they all look the same, i dont know what to look out but it does sparkle thats for sure. So far all they have are these specifications. In addition, i wanted to ask one thing, the dimensions of the stone 7.47 x 7.49mm x 4.46mm, the dimensions seem very similar to a 1.55 carat diamond, but where is this diamond rated at at 1.50 carat only? Well the diamond is "shorter" based on the 4.46mm, but does it affect its brilliance in any other way? do advice. pls. Thank you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
singapore|1306912178|2935223 said:
hi yssie and stone cold, thank you for taking the time to see my post. Yes i have seen it, and to be honest, they all look the same, i dont know what to look out but it does sparkle thats for sure. So far all they have are these specifications. In addition, i wanted to ask one thing, the dimensions of the stone 7.47 x 7.49mm x 4.46mm, the dimensions seem very similar to a 1.55 carat diamond, but where is this diamond rated at at 1.50 carat only? Well the diamond is "shorter" based on the 4.46mm, but does it affect its brilliance in any other way? do advice. pls. Thank you.

Crown height is a little lower, and w/ complementary pavilion angle and thinner girdle you've got a lower than usual depth. This diamond's volume is distributed more horizontally than most diamonds' - so you see more looking down at it on the finger, as in, greater diametre, that's a good thing - bigger looking stone but paying for lower carat weight ::)

You're in the best position to choose the stone that makes you happiest, since you're able to see them in-person! Go back in and compare this one against any others that you can - in various types of light: by a window, in direct sunlight, in office lights, under a desk in the dimness - then put your fingerprints all over them and get them grubby, and compare again, and see if you consistently choose this one over the others, or if you can't see any differences. Letting your eyes choose is really the best way to buy and know you're happy with what you've got, so long as you do your homework by comparing!

singapore

Rough_Rock
HI Yssie, you are right! seeing is believing and thank you for taking the time to dish out some good advices, specially on the technical bits on why the diamond is larger than it seems....

I looked at 6 diamonds, and all of them were in the same carat range and in terms of quality they are also the same, but i have to admit that the one i have mentioned to you, it was the smallest but it does look a little bigger than the rest of them or at least on par. For example, the 1.50 carat visually matches in size with a 1.56 when i was viewing it in the shop, and the specs were almost identical in terms of the 4C's. So in the end i have chosen the diamond that i have stated in the post and its by far the nicest among the 6 that i have seen. Thank you very much for your help, and now its the setting part that will next keep me awake for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again.

adrian

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results