color
clarity

Do you think this is vintage

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Do you think this is vintage

Niel|1378690725|3517016 said:
yeah i dont wanna say but it is a good color clarity combo. So thats good. Heres a better pick of the stone. It has a culet and looks like it would have nice broad flashes. And i mean under 1/2 ct and under i dont know how important the faceting pattern is. the sides are plat, so i mean, the wear like that i would imagine it would have to at least have some age to get wear out of plat

On the 7 o clock prong it looks like an inclusion but they say its just fuzz. Being that it has a return policy Im inclined to believe them

I can see possible inclusions at around the 7 to 8 o'clock further in, and just above the 3 0'clock and one in at about the 5 o'clock, possible carbon spots and either dirt or clouds over other parts of it (highly likely to just be dirt and it needs a really good clean) but seriously when you actually get it you probably won't notice anything at all and you are right for smaller Old Cuts they are either nice and sparkly or duds and that is about it, you should barely even see the facet pattern so it probably doesn't matter that much if she isn't fussy. Sounds like a killer deal if that is platinum, because the setting alone is worth way more than the price of it anyway. And if you have a return policy then nothing ventured nothing gained, get it and see!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378691270|3517021 said:
Niel|1378690725|3517016 said:
yeah i dont wanna say but it is a good color clarity combo. So thats good. Heres a better pick of the stone. It has a culet and looks like it would have nice broad flashes. And i mean under 1/2 ct and under i dont know how important the faceting pattern is. the sides are plat, so i mean, the wear like that i would imagine it would have to at least have some age to get wear out of plat

On the 7 o clock prong it looks like an inclusion but they say its just fuzz. Being that it has a return policy Im inclined to believe them

I can see possible inclusions at around the 7 to 8 o'clock further in, and just above the 3 0'clock and one in at about the 5 o'clock, possible carbon spots and either dirt or clouds over other parts of it (highly likely to just be dirt and it needs a really good clean) but seriously when you actually get it you probably won't notice anything at all and you are right for smaller Old Cuts they are either nice and sparkly or duds and that is about it, you should barely even see the facet pattern so it probably doesn't matter that much if she isn't fussy. Sounds like a killer deal if that is platinum, because the setting alone is worth way more than the price of it anyway. And if you have a return policy then nothing ventured nothing gained, get it and see!!!!

that was my thought. That setting seems worth the price. which is nice as long as that doesnt mean the stone is a throw away. But i dont think it is. We will see i emailed them about the inclusions. I feel like they might be annoyed as i asked for a clearer head on shot of the ring and i got a "that is head on and its the best i will be able to provide" so we will see.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Don't panic about it. I love Ebay too, I have bought some real poopers that actually had really great pics which in retrospect were probably photoshopped, or they only used pics that made the items look tons better than they were, and some amazing finds that looked pretty so so in the pics and I took the gamble and they were great pieces for the price.

The best way to tell is just to get it and see. I am still loving that setting enough that provided the stone is bright, clean looking enough for anyone else that looks at it on the hand and got plenty of sparkle and the main thing, of course, that she likes it, then hopefully it should be a winner.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378696672|3517052 said:
Don't panic about it. I love Ebay too, I have bought some real poopers that actually had really great pics which in retrospect were probably photoshopped, or they only used pics that made the items look tons better than they were, and some amazing finds that looked pretty so so in the pics and I took the gamble and they were great pieces for the price.

The best way to tell is just to get it and see. I am still loving that setting enough that provided the stone is bright, clean looking enough for anyone else that looks at it on the hand and got plenty of sparkle and the main thing, of course, that she likes it, then hopefully it should be a winner.

So enraged I could cry.

So they were listed as having a 14 day return, but said on another part that there were no returns. So I asked them to say which were true. After a lengthy email that was a tad rude I said OK. I went to bid on it and THEY WOULDNT LET ME!

Such fing BS. I've emailed them but if they don't sell me that POS I'm literally about to write the most scathing review.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw that on the other board, I was like how freakin' rude is that!!!!! You know if that is their attitude they could possibly have something to hide and you are better off finding something else and moving on anyway!!! When something like that has happened to me (I have had people simply refuse to sell me something because I live in Australia for example) I have always found something that I ended up liking a whole lot better anyway. Glad you outed them - I won't buy or recommend them to anyone!!!

And if you still want the item let me or another P/S member know, happy to buy it for you, pay for it, you pay me and I get it sent directly to you, but don't expect a return policy people like that generally won't give you one. If it was me I would just move on....

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah I try and follow the idea that things are ment to be and this one just wasn't so something better must be around the corner. But shoot I'm still peeved. I also think there must have been something wrong with it. They must have known I wasn't a lemming and would be able to see the ring wasn't as they represented it. No wonder they have such a high eBay rating; only sell to naive buyers who don't know what they are doing......

I had thought about someone else buying it for me, but it had another bid on it I guess so its gone. But also, I don't want these people to get any of our money! :angryfire: :angryfire:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1378813872|3517802 said:
Yeah I try and follow the idea that things are ment to be and this one just wasn't so something better must be around the corner. But shoot I'm still peeved. I also think there must have been something wrong with it. They must have known I wasn't a lemming and would be able to see the ring wasn't as they represented it. No wonder they have such a high eBay rating; only sell to naive buyers who don't know what they are doing......

I had thought about someone else buying it for me, but it had another bid on it I guess so its gone. But also, I don't want these people to get any of our money! :angryfire: :angryfire:

Maybe it was and is a blessing. I loved the setting true, but you know I kept thinking that stone didn't belong with the setting. I wonder if the original diamond was actually chipped or cracked or if they are just lying to you because I think it would have originally held a stone that was nicer than the one you had pictured ie the one they put into the setting..... the original stone could have been damaged but it could have been sold by someone as well that often happens. The pic of the replacement stone albeit a bad pic made it look like a bad cut full of both clouds and inclusions. I was hoping that it would be small enough that no-one would notice this in real life and it would have enough fire not to bother anyone. The setting was a keeper but the stone I could take or leave.

Seriously we don't need to deal with A-holes in our life!!!! That person is one, so lets find something just as nice if not better.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your the best.

I'm over it. Onward and upwards.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

Oh niel I'm sorry you were disappointed and had to go through this. You mentioned she was different liked different

How about this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1930s-Art-Deco-50ct-VS-G-Diamond-14k-Gold-Ring-/300958895856?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item46128c4ef0

With this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1940s-3-Diamond-14k-Gold-Wedding-Band-Ring-NICE-/300956291963?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item461264937b

And she would have a killer set imo for under $700.00. If not take a look at their site they have many pretties at a good price

niel1.jpg

niel2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results