shape
carat
color
clarity

do you take your ring off when you wash your hands?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always take my rings off before I visit the necessary or wash my hands or do anything else that might get smudges on the stones.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
at home I do, out in public I use hand sanintizer and if I must actually wash my hands, I was my finger tips and don't get my rings wet--- i'm paranoid.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I don't because i have skinny fingers and larger knuckles so every time i wriggle my ring off it really hurts!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm really OCD and take my diamond ring off when I wash my hands, but I hold it in my mouth by the shank then put it back on, LOL. I never ever ever set it down (yes, I know it's a weird thing to do).

Funny anecdote, but when Grace and I were in Las Vegas (JCK) we went to the ladies and both came out around the same time and started washing our hands. I look up and she is holding her ring in her mouth too, bwahahahahahaha! We had a good laugh over that one!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I don't take them off to wash my hands, but do take them off when I am cleaning, cooking, gardening, exercising, and showering.

Also, depending where I am going I may leave it locked up safely at home, though it usuallly goes wherever I go.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
ericad said:
I'm really OCD and take my diamond ring off when I wash my hands, but I hold it in my mouth by the shank then put it back on, LOL. I never ever ever set it down (yes, I know it's a weird thing to do).

Funny anecdote, but when Grace and I were in Las Vegas (JCK) we went to the ladies and both came out around the same time and started washing our hands. I look up and she is holding her ring in her mouth too, bwahahahahahaha! We had a good laugh over that one!

:lol:

I take mine off, especially since our building mgmt. took away our paper towels and we only have a hand dryer. I find it hard to avoid water spots with those things. My meh-cut diamond stays looking nicer longer if I take it off. But I'm going to try the old ring-in-the-mouth trick. Here's hoping I don't choke!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I only take mine off to clean it. I'm so afraid of leaving it somewhere - which I did once. Thankfully it was in my own house, but I still drove back to get it! I'm sure I can clean off anything I get into, but am so nervous about loosing it that I fell better with it on.

daysie8

Rough_Rock
Had a big scare this morning - I take off my promise ring when I cleanse my face etc.

However, for some reason, must have left it on my bedside table without putting it back on and couldn't find it this morning!

:o

Looked high and low, and finally found it under the bedside table.

Lesson of the day: even when at home, have a DESIGNATED place to put your jewellery if taking it off to do housework etc!!

ETA: sometimes, even if the ring itself isn't that valuable, it will have alot of sentimental value which $ can't replace. So look after EVERY piece of jewellery!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
No.

If I did, my rings would have been lost countless times already.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Love Street said:
Andelain, that is so cool. It is great to hear there are other PSers who subject their beauties to some rigorous environments (well, it makes me feel less "abusive" toward my poor rings - I often feel like my ring should be collected by PS-social services after reading how careful and consciencious many PSers are with their jewels...lol - just kidding, sort of). And yes - like your beautiful ACA, just because my rings are from Tiffany :read: doesn't mean I'm treating them with kid gloves. [And thank you for your service, Andelain].

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is the PS social services is coming after your ring then they'll probably be waiting at the airport to take my bling and turn me over to the authorities. :bigsmile:

And you're welcome. :wavey:

AllyD

Shiny_Rock
When I'm out, I leave my rings on to wash my hands. But as soon as I get home, I take my rings off and don't put them back on until I leave the house again.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends.
I have two modes:

Mode 1. It's clean and what I'm going to be doing for the next few hours will not make it dirty so I keep it clean by removing it when washing hands or shower.

Mode 2. It's dirty anyway and I'm doing chores around the house that will keep getting it dirty so I just leave it on if I wash my hands or shower.
When the work is done I'll clean it and revert back to mode 1.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results