shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you see obvious inclusions from sides of ur SI1 stones?

faykis

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a SI1 .9 carat RB stone. on GIA report it says ''crystal, cloud, needles''. the website replied to my email saying the stone is eye-clean from top view. They did not comment on color or size of the inclusions and mentioned the following,

''The cutter has mentioned on his B2B report that the marks can be seen from the back and the side.They cannot send pictures from the side ect. To have the eye clean from side effect your wife wants is to pick a VS1''

what should I expect from this stone? do you think there will be black spots/ big obvious spots visible from the sides too? or it can be tiny white spots which is not that obvious? image_34.png image_33.png image_33.png

susief

Shiny_Rock
Re: Do you see obvious inclusions from sides of ur SI1 stone

I have owned an SI2, and SI1 and now a VS2, and I never saw anything from the sides. They have been smaller stones (1ct or less) so that might factor into it.

I was looking at SI1 stones initially for my recent upgrade and had several pulled to check eye cleanliness. About 50% were eye clean from the sides as well as the top.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just an aside...did you use the HCA tool on that stone? Look for good stones to score 2 or under.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock

With SI1s you may not always be able to make out inclusions from sides. With SI2 you may be most of the times. With VS2s almost never with VS1 never. (all unaided untrained eye).

It may not always be possible to land on a stone that has everything including good price, eye clean SI2/SI1 from the sides, ideal proportions, ideal light performance etc etc.

Also by looking at face up photos no one really can tell you if inclusion would be visible from the sides. (understandably so)

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

i have an SI1 stone and it's eye clean from the top and side. I have to use a loupe to see the black crystal

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock

farrahlyn said:
i have an SI1 stone and it's eye clean from the top and side. I have to use a loupe to see the black crystal
Is it a 0.9ct too?

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

gr8leo87 said:
farrahlyn said:
Is it a 0.9ct too?

yes, a .90 marquise

yasssss

Shiny_Rock

I have a GIA 2.09 princess VS2 and I can see the black carbon spot from the side

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results