shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you see a "very slight haze" on my SBF e-ring?

jamtengee

Rough_Rock
Hello! Just received my e-ring this morning and have a question for the diamond enthusiasts on PS. During the review/purchase process I had asked for a gemologist's visual inspection of the stone due to the strong blue fluorescence noted on the AGS cert. The gemologist's feedback included a note that said "To our gemologist eyes strong blue fluorescence does provide a very slight haze, but nothing that would be noticeable to the untrained eye." Well I fall squarely into the 'untrained eye' camp and don't see any haziness, but was wondering if anyone else does? I took a few close up shots below.

And here is the rest of the info:
- AGS000, I-SI1
- CA: 34.5
- PA: 40.8
- Depth 61.0%
- Table 56.7%
- Strong Blue Fluorescence

(Also.. anyone in the Dallas area have strong recommendations for an appraiser?)

Sunlight coming through window
IMG_0133.jpg
Indoors, shades drawn
IMG_0157.jpg
Side view outside under direct sunlight (I don't see any lavender hue, was kind of looking forward to it..)
IMG_0161.jpg

Thank you!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can you plz post your certificate and inclusions type that the diamond have ? It’s hard to judge if the stone is hazy by the pictures !i guess more cloudiness can occur from cloud inclusions or any other type !

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond looks perfectly beautiful to me! If there was any issue with haze, you would mostly see it in bright sunlight & it would have a "milky" appearance. I think you're good to go!

Beautiful ring - congratulations!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty ring, my untrained eye doesn’t see any haziness either.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I don't see any haze at all.

jamtengee

Rough_Rock
Can you plz post your certificate and inclusions type that the diamond have ? It’s hard to judge if the stone is hazy by the pictures !i guess more cloudiness can occur from cloud inclusions or any other type !

Surely! Here is the AGS cert with inclusion map:

Attachments

• AGScert.jpg
    AGScert.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 175

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto others ... I don’t see any haze in your pics; just a beautiful diamond & ring! :love:

I will share - as FYI - that my diamond (in the avatar to the left) has MBF and will on occasion appear ‘hazy’; however, I have found this is due to the hard water where I live; NOT the fluoro. As I am a serial hand washer & ring cleaner, the hard water really takes its toll on my diamond by leaving tiny hard water spots on it. It was starting to frustrate me until I figured out what it was/why. Just something to keep an eye out for since you also have fluoro (e.g., don’t panic if it starts to appear hazy over time). I now keep a fine brush that I spritz with Mr. Clean citrus in the morning, and each time I wash my hands throughout the day, I rinse my ring and give it a quick light brushing with that, then dry it to help keep the water spots at bay.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any haziness at all. Beautiful ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I don’t see any haziness at all!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning! I don't see any haze. I have been considering haloing a similar sized diamond. Do you mind sharing the ring size?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any haziness and I think your ring is beautiful.

jamtengee

Rough_Rock
I don't know how to add multiple quotes in a post but thanks everyone for the input! It's really reassuring to have validation. I think I will probably keep it. :P2

Ditto others ... I don’t see any haze in your pics; just a beautiful diamond & ring! :love:

I will share - as FYI - that my diamond (in the avatar to the left) has MBF and will on occasion appear ‘hazy’; however, I have found this is due to the hard water where I live; NOT the fluoro. As I am a serial hand washer & ring cleaner, the hard water really takes its toll on my diamond by leaving tiny hard water spots on it. It was starting to frustrate me until I figured out what it was/why. Just something to keep an eye out for since you also have fluoro (e.g., don’t panic if it starts to appear hazy over time). I now keep a fine brush that I spritz with Mr. Clean citrus in the morning, and each time I wash my hands throughout the day, I rinse my ring and give it a quick light brushing with that, then dry it to help keep the water spots at bay.

That's great to know, thank you for the tip!

jamtengee

Rough_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I don't see any haze. I have been considering haloing a similar sized diamond. Do you mind sharing the ring size?

Sure! My ring size is 4.75

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!, Congrats!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's LOVELY!!! :appl:

Now you need to get a special black light to check out the fluor.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this stone! I don't see any haziness, and think it's gorgeous!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Already shopping on Amazon! :D

It's so fun to see the Fluor. And to know that it's definitely your stone is priceless. =)2

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A haze would be most apparent outside in sunlight. From the photos I don't see any happiness. Personally I think fluorescence is cool.

jamtengee

Rough_Rock
@doberman @Alex T
Based on your feedback I tried taking a couple of photos in the sun- the first was taken is in the morning and the second photo was around noon. Do you see any issues?

IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think, to be honest, you have a very lovely diamond there & you should love & enjoy it!

Haze is definitely prevelant in strong, direct sunshine & looks milky, as if your stone has grease smeared on it. I think your ring is beautiful :love:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@doberman @Alex T
Based on your feedback I tried taking a couple of photos in the sun- the first was taken is in the morning and the second photo was around noon. Do you see any issues?

IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg [/QUOTE

What a beautiful ring! (It's a lot like mine, no wonder I love it lol). I don't see haziness at all. It has a blue cast, which is fine and something I've seen in non-fluorescent stones on occasion.

Wear it in good health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!:love: I love fluorescence!

(Just so you know, I'd tell the appraiser that I'd want the value on the appraisal to reflect the price you paid for the diamond and setting. We almost always see inflated appraisals, and all that does is make you overpay insurance premiums.)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful stone. I don't see any haziness or fluorescence. If you ever get gel nails, they use uv lights. You'll see it then!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
My untrained eye sees absolutely no haziness, just a beautiful diamond ! ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results