• Yes

Votes: 81 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
This one has me shaky. I went to high school with Gabby, we graduated in the same class. We are the same age. We are both special education teachers in NYC for the same amount of time. We both have a four year old. We are both pregnant with our second child. She just died. NYC Teacher

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend! I read the article, and it sounds like she was such an amazing teacher and friend. What a loss.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy, Thanks so much for your kind words and good wishes!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After 3 months my answer is still a no!...

In fact I can't recall a single Pser can confirm they have contracted the virus.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
My brother in law's father recently died of Covid-19.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been multiple positive cases in my company across our 28 branches (including mine). None I know personally, but I know that is coming.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Aunt, Uncle and cousin were Covid positive. We are in NY. She was hospitalized for a week and is partaking in a plasma study now. They all have fully recovered despite being over 80 and smokers.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Aunt, Uncle and cousin were Covid positive. We are in NY. She was hospitalized for a week and is partaking in a plasma study now. They all have fully recovered despite being over 80 and smokers.
Fully recovered?? Really? Oh that is wonderful and very nice to hear for a change =)2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm glad they recovered. This lends credence to what I read from a doctor, which is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for who gets it bad and who doesn't!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister who is 56 and her hubby who is 59 both got it but their live in daughters 27 and 32 were both asymptomatic. She had a slight fever for 2 days and reported feeling exhausted. He has a fever for 8 days. Turns out his 3 of his coworkers Had it too. They are welders. Thank God all are fine!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I don't know any person who even tasted positive or has antibodies found in the system. But my son in law works as a respiratory therapist for county hospital here in California (SF Bay area). He works mainly at NICU with babies. But he told us that he saw people dying from CV. Not many but I was shaking after hearing his stories.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie and @Wewechew Yes! Amazing considering. My uncle is also diabetic. They all smoke. My Aunt was admitted for five days. My Uncle refused to go to the hospital and fought through it at home. Lucky!!

Absolutely amazing :clap: Makes me feel better that it really doesn’t matter what your age or any preexisting conditions =)2

etudes

Rough_Rock
A friend's dad died of covid-19 last month. An upperclassman also died earlier this month, he was only 37.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our downstairs neighbor’s mother just died from covid.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My granddaughters other grandmother just got diagnosed today. She spends almost every day but Monday (which is my day) with her daughter and the baby. We were at my sons for dinner Friday night, she got the fever Saturday. Hopefully DIL and baby don’t get it or are not currently contagious or I’m screwed!

Q

Queenie60

Thank God! I am glad they have recovered.

Q

Queenie60

My granddaughters other grandmother just got diagnosed today. She spends almost every day but Monday (which is my day) with her daughter and the baby. We were at my sons for dinner Friday night, she got the fever Saturday. Hopefully DIL and baby don’t get it or are not currently contagious or I’m screwed!

Prayers for you. I will keep good thoughts and hope that you and your DIL and baby are safe.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
After 3 months my answer is still a no!...

In fact I can't recall a single Pser can confirm they have contracted the virus.

If I recall, I think @kipari 's children had it? Friends of ours traveled to Europe on a ski trip just as things were going sideways. I couldn't believe they went. They came home with COVID, both of them. It was mild for them (mid-50's) and both fully recuperated. Some of DH's co-workers also had it and also recuperated fully. Again, in their mid-50's.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I recall, I think @kipari 's children had it? Friends of ours traveled to Europe on a ski trip just as things were going sideways. I couldn't believe they went. They came home with COVID, both of them. It was mild for them (mid-50's) and both fully recuperated. Some of DH's co-workers also had it and also recuperated fully. Again, in their mid-50's.

No, luckily, no one in my immediate family had it, but we lost 2 extended family members and I know a bunch of people who had it (confirmed cases)

As an update to one of my stories: my doctor friend's employee who got tested after being symptom free for a couple of days and was still positive kept getting tested weekly. Again: they are a practice with 4 doctors, so didn't want any risk at all. Her tests kept coming back positive for two months after the last symptoms.

Of course one doesn't know how high the viral load is and if she'd have been sufficiency contagious to actually infect people, but that freaked the four doctors out. And frankly me too.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for explaining, @kipari . That's wild that the tests were positive for so long. I wonder if she was infectious all that time?!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for explaining, @kipari . That's wild that the tests were positive for so long. I wonder if she was infectious all that time?!

right? I guess they should have included her in a study or something

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I see on the town pages here are older people packing into restaurants and encouraging people to “share tables!” and “get to know your neighbor!”

A lovely sentiment, but NOT with cases spiking like they are.

*young people are out too, but I am genuinely worried about the people I’m seeing at restaurants and golf courses right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. It worries me to see people letting their guard down.

I don’t think many of the people I’m seeing on the beach and boardwalk ever had their guard up to begin with...

Worries me as well. Humans are their own worst enemies. :/

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds , thank you for your concern. He is doing fine. I just wish I had a way to stop him from rubbing his eyes and nose

Glad he's on the mend
I well know how hard that is
Im a cronic eye rubber
i now wear a ring on my index finger every time i go out to remind me not to do it

could be a good time for you to buy him some man bling !

If he's not a jewelry wearer just buy him a couple of cheaper fashion silver rings from a mall menswear shop - but get big clunky rings that make it uncomfortable for him to rub his eyes

i now probsbly rub my eyes 95% less

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results