shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own your holy grail ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala Wow, I do think you have reached HG status with this new ring! Gorgeous!:appl:

Too many beauties on this thread to be able to mention them all!:love:

I think for me, a HG ring would be the unattainable one. :lol: I could have it if I sold 2-3 rings, but honestly, I don't really think I'd be comfortable in my real life wearing larger diamonds than I have. I think my HG would be a 4-5 ct emerald cut with little sides, maybe like Grace Kelly's ring.

But I do have two diamonds that I love. The first one is the AVR cut buy Yoram, and I have actually had it for 7 years! I just can't narrow down the settings to choose one for a final setting, so it remains in a solitaire from my previous diamond. The second is perfectly set by CVB, and the diamond is a 2.7 ct antique asscher. I have no intention of ever selling it, so I guess you could say these are my keepers! I think if I make one last ring, it would be a 3 stone with diamond and sapphires. That's a classic I've always loved and would wear as an alternate e-ring because I really only wear rings on that left ring finger.

AVR and Antique Asscher.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a couple of pictures on PS of my ring! (no thread just random photos)

Okay, you forced me to look and now I do remember it! So gorgeous and definitely a HG piece!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Not yet but I'm working on it. My HG is simply a band that sparkles, been on the agenda for the past 12 years but life keeps getting in the way. I'm thinking a CBI 3/4 eternity. A slight hiccup may be the size of the stones, I want the band to be in perfect proportion to my finger (4.5) and I haven't quite figured out what that looks like yet or indeed if CBIs will come in that size (smaller rather than larger).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, having thought about it, I have a few holy grails and lost 2. Here they are:

1. My gorgeous, pale yellow 4ct EC with tapered bullets in 18kt

2. The best 3 stone I'll ever own - perhaps not *quite* holy grail worthy, but VERY close. 3.05ct, .95ct and .96ct - all F VS2.

3. One of my all time favorite rings. My gem quality opal with .82ctw of diamonds, in 18kt yellow gold:

636219 633531

4. The first one that got away...because I pulled it apart. D'oh! 3.4ct H VS1 ACA with approx 1.5ctw of side diamonds. 18kt yellow. I sold this one and have regretted it mightily!

5. My diamond and ruby 5 stone in rose gold. The color in this is INTENSE! The diamonds are gorgeous. The setting is from 1910 and is just perfect! :))

6. A true and absolute holy grail - and probably the diamond closest to a holy grail that I'll ever own. An S-T 5+ct OEC. In a temp setting till I could figure out what to do with it. I think if I'd gotten it into a permanent home, I'd still have it to this day. I cannot believe I sold this beauty...because I thought it was too big!! D'oh!!! Worst excuse EVER to sell a diamond!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I don’t have my holy grail but I don’t honestly know what it is. I love what I have now but I can’t say I won’t change it at a later time. I do have my forever temporary ring. If I was never able to change my diamond or setting and had to keep this one forever, I would be satisfied.
I love everything about it!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’ve noticed a pattern. Most Whiteflash owners aren’t claiming to have their hg.... I’m thinking their fabulous upgrade policy is to blame for this :lol::lol::lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’ve noticed a pattern. Most Whiteflash owners aren’t claiming to have their hg.... I’m thinking their fabulous upgrade policy is to blame for this :lol::lol::lol:
Yes! That’s probably true! Lol! But I did have a 3.5 ACA and then a 3.321 ACA so I know my sweet spot is around the 9.5 mm size.
And then I’ll be done!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have a ring that is everything and more than i would have thought i'd ever want, yet i still want it to have some friends =)

So do we see a 3 stone in your future?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do we see a 3 stone in your future?

I have a dream of a wrap that would make my ring into a 3 stone part of the time :) ..... more likely a rhr in my future. I have some moissy and colored stone stuff I’d have to part with first

congrats on your upgrade btw :kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Gosh this thread really made me think and yeah I identify with what @Yelena said:

I don’t think it’s possible for me to have one holy grail ring. I think I am just not made that way, but a holy grail collection, now that’s another story entirely...

I’m not even sure I know what my HG ring is, so maybe I have not met the right diamond/stone... or I’m not monogamous that way. I just enjoy shopping you know?

But I think my pearl collection is it. Like it’s hard to buy another strand/pearl but I don’t have a decent pic of them together.

My CS collection is still evolving. Still in the meantime I feel quite happy looking at them...

I think posts should not be allowed on this thread without pictures!!!

My evolving rainbow ring collection (since much easier to photograph together than pearls haha):
DF216565-CFE9-4AF8-B06F-E7F1B29D6C86.jpeg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh this thread really made me think and yeah I identify with what @Yelena said:

I’m not even sure I know what my HG ring is, so maybe I have not met the right diamond/stone... or I’m not monogamous that way. I just enjoy shopping you know?

But I think my pearl collection is it. Like it’s hard to buy another strand/pearl but I don’t have a decent pic of them together.

My CS collection is still evolving. Still in the meantime I feel quite happy looking at them...

My evolving rainbow ring collection (since much easier to photograph together than pearls haha):

What a beautiful, beautiful photo!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

I love your evolving collection @icy_jade Thanks so much for posting a photo. Now to go back to feasting my eyes upon your CS beauties :lickout:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Ok took my pearls out to play and I remember why I don’t take group pics. The pearls look flat when taken from a distance.

BAA15E41-2578-48FD-AA2B-F8505180B8C5.jpeg

But sooooo luscious up close, especially the peacocks... I actually think they look better in person vs pics as my bed is bluish and the lighting in my bedroom isn’t so great (vs using a light box).

1BFE90CA-51D1-48C3-A76C-4FE71575A17B.jpeg B1A23B51-EE0B-482F-916C-361D8CB054FE.jpeg 4E68E83F-69A0-475F-A285-78DC7A250AF3.jpeg

Ok so not for rings but in my pearls I think I have a HG collection, plus a few pair of pearl earrings that I super duper love. I may not wear the pearls much now but whenever I see them I’m blown away by how beautiful they are.

Is that how it will feel to own a HG ring? If so then for CS and diamond rings my HGs hunt continues (plural cos I don’t think I can just stick to one, so maybe one of each major type of stone?). But honestly am not sure if I can really afford HG rings unless I liquidate my collection and concentrate on that one or two rings. The rings that have blown me away so far and I think are HG quality all come with shocker price tags. Then I’ll also be concerned that they are too expensive to wear and enjoy

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, having thought about it, I have a few holy grails and lost 2. Here they are:

1. My gorgeous, pale yellow 4ct EC with tapered bullets in 18kt

20200619_125607.jpg

2. The best 3 stone I'll ever own - perhaps not *quite* holy grail worthy, but VERY close. 3.05ct, .95ct and .96ct - all F VS2.

20200916_144247.jpg

3. One of my all time favorite rings. My gem quality opal with .82ctw of diamonds, in 18kt yellow gold:

20180705_190413_resized.jpg

20180705_190345_resized.jpg DKJPV_0618_OPGLD-1.jpg

4. The first one that got away...because I pulled it apart. D'oh! 3.4ct H VS1 ACA with approx 1.5ctw of side diamonds. 18kt yellow. I sold this one and have regretted it mightily!

DKJPV_MSC--2.jpg

DKJPV_MSC--3.jpg

5. My diamond and ruby 5 stone in rose gold. The color in this is INTENSE! The diamonds are gorgeous. The setting is from 1910 and is just perfect! :))

IMG_2355 copy.JPG

6. A true and absolute holy grail - and probably the diamond closest to a holy grail that I'll ever own. An S-T 5+ct OEC. In a temp setting till I could figure out what to do with it. I think if I'd gotten it into a permanent home, I'd still have it to this day. I cannot believe I sold this beauty...because I thought it was too big!! D'oh!!! Worst excuse EVER to sell a diamond!!

IMG_2256 copy.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

After wiping off my drool, I have to ask—why did you characterize your 3 stone as “not quite” Hg worthy?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I have a dream of a wrap that would make my ring into a 3 stone part of the time :) ..... more likely a rhr in my future. I have some moissy and colored stone stuff I’d have to part with first

congrats on your upgrade btw :kiss2:

I’d love to see a picture of this!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love to see a picture of this!

I wrote that poorly... I have a dream of having that wrap made, haven’t made it a reality yet ;-)

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I wrote that poorly... I have a dream of having that wrap made, haven’t made it a reality yet ;-)

Got it. Just didn’t know if you’d seen a picture of this somewhere that you love!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Hi @nala :))

I'd like my same setting and sides, but with a VS1 center, and 3.75ct. That would *have* to be at least another 25k, and I just don't want to spend that much. So this may be as far as I go.

It’s totally amazing :kiss2:How many cts. are each of the 3 stones now?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok took my pearls out to play and I remember why I don’t take group pics. The pearls look flat when taken from a distance.

But sooooo luscious up close, especially the peacocks... I actually think they look better in person vs pics as my bed is bluish and the lighting in my bedroom isn’t so great (vs using a light box).

1BFE90CA-51D1-48C3-A76C-4FE71575A17B.jpeg B1A23B51-EE0B-482F-916C-361D8CB054FE.jpeg 4E68E83F-69A0-475F-A285-78DC7A250AF3.jpeg

Ok so not for rings but in my pearls I think I have a HG collection, plus a few pair of pearl earrings that I super duper love. I may not wear the pearls much now but whenever I see them I’m blown away by how beautiful they are.

Is that how it will feel to own a HG ring? If so then for CS and diamond rings my HGs hunt continues (plural cos I don’t think I can just stick to one, so maybe one of each major type of stone?). But honestly am not sure if I can really afford HG rings unless I liquidate my collection and concentrate on that one or two rings. The rings that have blown me away so far and I think are HG quality all come with shocker price tags. Then I’ll also be concerned that they are too expensive to wear and enjoy

Okay.
Confession time.
I 100% stalk your pearls posts @icy_jade :o 8):sun:
You have SUCH beautiful pearls. The more I've learnt about pearls the more I've come to appreciate certain collections, and to me yours is especially special!! I can see why you'd call it "holy grail" and consider it "finished".
Those baroque akoyas - no closeup here but I've salivated over them any number of times. And of course those multicolours... The wave rope gets me every time :love: :love:

Which do you normally wear together, if any?
Do you ever wrap any of your strands 'round the wrist as bracelets?

Oh. Another question. How often do you restring?

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Wow :kiss2: Well done putting your Holy Grail pearl collection together. May you enjoy them for many years to come.

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
What beautiful pieces of jewelry posted here. But my wants are simple. My CBI diamond is my HG.

1.87ct, L, VS2. Set in Vatche royal crown with matching band, not posted in pic. Pictured is the Elena from WhiteFlash.

B67255E3-AB3C-4F90-9B81-899FCF40E30A.jpeg

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a sucker for step cut and fancy colored diamonds. Here's one of my HGs. Still as much in love as the first time I got it.

301fiyec.jpg

Wow that is an incredible incredible ring! So stunning!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I love this. I was beginning to wonder if I had too many rings. Now I'm certain I don't have enough. ;)2 It's such a great feeling when you finally find your people. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results