shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own your holy grail ring?

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Love seeing all the gorgeous holy grail pieces and wishes, so many that I’ve long admired.
Serious treasure chest vibes going on in this thread.
@icy_jade your pearl collection makes me appreciate the astounding beauty and variety of fine pearls. I’m hoping to build on my small collection. A multi color Tahitian strand is on my wish list. One of the perks of gem obsession...Always something new to explore.

I would say Yes to a HG piece for me!
My right hand Ceylon sapphire ring is my holy grail in colored stones.
I don’t imagine ever replacing it with something bigger and better.
It holds a strong sentimental value and aesthetically pleases me to no end.
Though not trade ideal, I’m bowled over by the color and visual presence it has.
I didn’t expect to own something so beautiful and special. I’m fully smitten with this glossy blue beauty.
The only thing I can envision down the road is a stone polish and mayyyybe reproducing the setting in platinum.
But I’m not ready for that yet.
Otherwise, Elena and I are wedded for life.
21584E5C-1412-45C8-ADD5-17BA6D3F1B18.jpeg 039B55C1-EC89-4268-8E24-A3FB9551C85C.jpeg A97A1572-0B26-4EF7-B3BA-E203B1CB72D7.jpeg 036E1FA1-2E8B-4E88-A32A-BA4444972B77.jpeg B3DA302A-CEE0-43C3-935F-7A747B7B7E06.jpeg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love seeing all the gorgeous holy grail pieces and wishes, so many that I’ve long admired.
Serious treasure chest vibes going on in this thread.
@icy_jade your pearl collection makes me appreciate the astounding beauty and variety of fine pearls. I’m hoping to build on my small collection. A multi color Tahitian strand is on my wish list. One of the perks of gem obsession...Always something new to explore.

I would say Yes to a HG piece for me!
My right hand Ceylon sapphire ring is my holy grail in colored stones.
I don’t imagine ever replacing it with something bigger and better.
It holds a strong sentimental value and aesthetically pleases me to no end.
Though not trade ideal, I’m bowled over by the color and visual presence it has.
I didn’t expect to own something so beautiful and special. I’m fully smitten with this glossy blue beauty.
The only thing I can envision down the road is a stone polish and mayyyybe reproducing the setting in platinum.
But I’m not ready for that yet.
Otherwise, Elena and I are wedded for life.
21584E5C-1412-45C8-ADD5-17BA6D3F1B18.jpeg 039B55C1-EC89-4268-8E24-A3FB9551C85C.jpeg A97A1572-0B26-4EF7-B3BA-E203B1CB72D7.jpeg 036E1FA1-2E8B-4E88-A32A-BA4444972B77.jpeg B3DA302A-CEE0-43C3-935F-7A747B7B7E06.jpeg

Absolutely stunning!

Are you like me and you prefer platinum to all else? What is the setting made of currently?

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

Are you like me and you prefer platinum to all else? What is the setting made of currently?

Thank you @pearaffair.
I do love the look of platinum.
I seem to be drawn to it a little more than white gold, though either could work.
The stone was plucked out of a Victorian brooch and placed in a sterling silver Georgian setting. Sort of an odd marriage of antique elements. Though they suit each other very well, I worry that silver, being a softer metal might not be up to the task over time with regular wear. Although it has survived a couple hundred years already, still intact.
I’ve worn it almost every day for the last 8 months and it seems sturdy as they come.
I watch it like a hawk though lol

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I never will. It isn't even a possibility.
I'll never be able to afford what my heart's desire would be; but vicarious PS happiness really does make that okay for me. :bigsmile:
I hope to get some great pieces over time using what I have. I'm content with that.

I wish there was a love button as well as a like one - there's few thing as heart warming as someone content with what they have and genuinely happy to share the joy of others. I was in an odd mood this morning (changing of the seasons and all that) and you've reminded me to think about what actually matters - thank you!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it. Just didn’t know if you’d seen a picture of this somewhere that you love!

I can’t find the photo but there is a poster on here who has one, I thought it was brilliant :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @pearaffair.
I do love the look of platinum.
I seem to be drawn to it a little more than white gold, though either could work.
The stone was plucked out of a Victorian brooch and placed in a sterling silver Georgian setting. Sort of an odd marriage of antique elements. Though they suit each other very well, I worry that silver, being a softer metal might not be up to the task over time with regular wear. Although it has survived a couple hundred years already, still intact.
I’ve worn it almost every day for the last 8 months and it seems sturdy as they come.
I watch it like a hawk though lol

You know you love something when you wear it every day!!!

vinotastic

Rough_Rock
Hmm this is interesting. So I'd say sorta.. All I ever wanted was a emerald cut eternity band and 2ish years ago I got one, which I love to death and wear everyday. But now my ering sits in a box and I always go back to getting it reset or trading it, etc. I almost toi et moi-ed it. Some days I am perfectly content with this and other days I am so torn. I dont think my mind will ever be calm enough to not be drawn to something.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I definitely have my HG ring. I never thought I‘d own a super ideal cut diamond over 3 carats, and i do. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want other rings! Sending a stone to DK this week to be set.

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Oh man. I dunno. Waiting to hear if @mrs-b relishes the idea of a wild goose chase for the perfect pair of pears! Or maybe selling the whole thing.

This thread of yours has really got me thinking. D4E97A8A-38C8-44B3-A7E7-E6680DA2C094.jpeg Part of me thinks I already own my holy grail ring (my wide diamond band) so I’m crazy to keep hunting for a new holy grail- as I’ve already got it! Nothing I buy seems to beat this band for me.

I LOVE this look! It’s so stylish and chic. Also love that polish—do you happen to know the name and brand?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I definitely have my HG ring. I never thought I‘d own a super ideal cut diamond over 3 carats, and i do. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want other rings! Sending a stone to DK this week to be set.

Can’t wait for the pic! What direction did you go in for the setting?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm this is interesting. So I'd say sorta.. All I ever wanted was a emerald cut eternity band and 2ish years ago I got one, which I love to death and wear everyday. But now my ering sits in a box and I always go back to getting it reset or trading it, etc. I almost toi et moi-ed it. Some days I am perfectly content with this and other days I am so torn. I dont think my mind will ever be calm enough to not be drawn to something.

Show us both!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
This is a great question! Regarding HG diamond ring...almost but not yet. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my 2.23 E VS2 CBI/ Mark Morrell custom extreme petite torchiere engagement ring. It is classic, elegant and beautiful and has immense sentimental value. I'm not sure I could upgrade it despite HPD's amazing upgrade policy. Only the size keeps it from HG status. If my CBI was 3-3.5 carat in size, it would be HG for sure. Give me a few years- I'll bet I get over my sentimentality and will be open to upgrading at that time haha!

Regarding HG colored gemstone ring, yes! I don't think I will be able to top my recently completed ruby three-stone ring in this lifetime because of the quality and rarity of the ruby, which is my birthstone. I had searched for a 2ct in 2007 but apparently 2+ct true red rubies with my quality parameters are unicorns and are priced accordingly. My ruby is a 1.41 ct cushion cut, certified unheated Burma ruby from the old Mogok mines. It is a luscious stoplight red and does not black out in any lighting conditions. It was recut to achieve its incredible brilliance.
. Jennifer M_Mark H_HPD_Extreme Split_2.23ct_E-VS2 Ring 2_2019-11-25_002-S.JPG Jennifer M_Mark H_HPD_Extreme Split_2.23ct_E-VS2 Ring 2_2019-11-25_011-S.JPG
IMG-2716.jpg

IMG-3337.jpg

Attachments

• *Nandar outdoor.jpeg
    *Nandar outdoor.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-3312.jpg
    IMG-3312.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-3344.jpg
    IMG-3344.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Gemstonesrock

hi gemstonesrock,
may i ask with which gem cutter did you have your ruby recut with??

by the way, i absolutely love that you selected 4 double prongs for your round brilliant!! it is my favorite setting for a round brilliant

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this look! It’s so stylish and chic. Also love that polish—do you happen to know the name and brand?

You are so sweet! Thank you for making my day!

I love this look because it’s pretty extra but because the stones are (relatively) small I don’t feel too awkward about wearing it.

The polish is Sephora and discontinued but I’ll look for the name later in case you can score one off eBay or something. It’s a purple grey and I think OPI might have one like it.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
@Big Fat Facets I personally don't know who to go to recut a gemstone. The anxiety would probably put me over the edge! There are a few posts around PS with people who have done it, though. The ruby was a a loose stone previously owned by a gemstone collector and it was recut before I purchased it through Robert Genis of National Gemstone. It lost carat weight, though, when it was recut. I am sure Robert knows reputable cutters to use if you had a colored gemstone to recut. And thank you for the sweet compliment on my engagement ring setting's 4 double prongs!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait for the pic! What direction did you go in for the setting?

I’m setting colored stones now since I’ve gotten my diamond HG. I bought an asscher zircon and setting it with step cut trapezoid and bullet diamond side stones.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Gosh this thread really made me think and yeah I identify with what @Yelena said:

I’m not even sure I know what my HG ring is, so maybe I have not met the right diamond/stone... or I’m not monogamous that way. I just enjoy shopping you know?

But I think my pearl collection is it. Like it’s hard to buy another strand/pearl but I don’t have a decent pic of them together.

My CS collection is still evolving. Still in the meantime I feel quite happy looking at them...

My evolving rainbow ring collection (since much easier to photograph together than pearls haha):
DF216565-CFE9-4AF8-B06F-E7F1B29D6C86.jpeg

Omg your colored gemstone collection almost made me faint!!!! It’s literally like a tray of bling-y candy!! DROOOL

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh this thread really made me think and yeah I identify with what @Yelena said:

My evolving rainbow ring collection (since much easier to photograph together than pearls haha):
DF216565-CFE9-4AF8-B06F-E7F1B29D6C86.jpeg

That yellow sapphire ring makes me drool every time I see it. :kiss2: :drool:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results