shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own an electric kettle? Do you use it?

Do you own an electric kettle? Do you use it?

• Yes, I own an electric kettle, and I use it.

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Yes, I own an electric kettle, but I don't use it.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, I don't own an electric kettle.

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Rhea said:
Thanks for the votes everyone! I still maintain that electric kettles, in general, are a much more Australian, Canadian, and European thing than an American thing but my poll is holding strong at 2/3rds electric kettle users. I'm with Jennifer W, water boiled in the microwave doesn't taste right.

You need to make two new threads- one for Americans and another for everyone else. I'm guessing it is <10% for the Americans and the opposite for everyone else.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a kettle that I use everyday to make tea (PG tips) and Aeropress coffee. Non American here... :) Electricity and gas are expensive here, and the kettle is much faster than the stove for heating water.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1427587868|3853894 said:
Rhea said:
Thanks for the votes everyone! I still maintain that electric kettles, in general, are a much more Australian, Canadian, and European thing than an American thing but my poll is holding strong at 2/3rds electric kettle users. I'm with Jennifer W, water boiled in the microwave doesn't taste right.

You need to make two new threads- one for Americans and another for everyone else. I'm guessing it is <10% for the Americans and the opposite for everyone else.

Wow, that's interesting. I didn't realize how unique I was . Well, no, that is not true. I know how different I am in many ways lol but didn't realize I was different also in terms of having an electric kettle haha.

I love mine and would not want to be without them. I also love the pretty blue it turns when the water is at the right temperature. Function and form. The perfect combo.

2d8893f2bf5ea30ba97566c61e845d76.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VapidLapid|1427476603|3853316 said:
my other electrokettle melts 3 ounces of bronze in 15 minutes!

Big time tool envy here.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I am Canadian and we use a stainless steel electric kettle at home everyday. I also have a travel kettle that I use in hotel rooms to make tea and soup when travelling for business, when in Vegas and they don't have coffeemakers in rooms!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1427840008|3855266 said:
when in Vegas and they don't have coffeemakers in rooms!

They wait?! I may faint.

As a Brit, I've learned, you arrive to your room, you promptly boil the kettle. Help yourself to tea, coffee, and shortbread biscuits while unpacking and consulting a map. It's the first step in travel! If you don't make a hot drink how on earth can you progress to the next step. My husband would die. I'll tell him after we plan our often discussed, perhaps may never happen, US road trip.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea said:
SapphireStyle|1427840008|3855266 said:
when in Vegas and they don't have coffeemakers in rooms!

They wait?! I may faint.

As a Brit, I've learned, you arrive to your room, you promptly boil the kettle. Help yourself to tea, coffee, and shortbread biscuits while unpacking and consulting a map. It's the first step in travel! If you don't make a hot drink how on earth can you progress to the next step. My husband would die. I'll tell him after we plan our often discussed, perhaps may never happen, US road trip.
I travel to the US for work sometimes and I am always mildly surprised when they don't have coffeemakers or kettles in the rooms.. Only ice buckets! How can I make my tea in the morning?

amandainnyc

Rough_Rock
Southern bred, New Yorker for almost a decade: I use an electric kettle. Use it daily for morning hot tea (a travesty, according to my sweet-tea-drinking family). Didn't get hooked on tea or the kettle till post-college. A man from upstate NY did me in.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in the US Southwest.
I drink many cups of hot tea daily. I usually heat water in a small pot on the stove. I cannot stand a whistling tea kettle.
I recently bought an electric kettle, and DH keeps it in our home office for his hot tea. He wasn't a tea drinker till he met me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results