shape
carat
color
clarity

do you notice newbies don''t post on hangout? wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
They''re afraid of DF!
9.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe they haven''t ventured over here yet... I know when I first started looking at PS the only places I looked at were SMTR and LIW. It wasn''t until a while after looking at the site that I realized how much more there was to it.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 7:14:46 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Maybe they haven''t ventured over here yet... I know when I first started looking at PS the only places I looked at were SMTR and LIW. It wasn''t until a while after looking at the site that I realized how much more there was to it.

Ditto. I still dont travel very far from BIW, hangout, and RT. I should venture out more...

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I think they''re too busy trying to find their diamonds and learn about aaaaall the cut stuff to get into the Hangout zone. Once they get their stones out of the way, there''s more time to "play".

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I think maybe most newbies are developing online relationships to people with whom they share a common bond -- usually the jewelry/diamond posters.

Just off the top of my head, I''d say about 35, maybe 40% stay around and post on all of PS after they are engaged, married, whatever. Others got what they needed and left.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d stay away from hangout too if DF''s crazy questions were around and I was a n00b...

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I'm a newbie
35.gif

I read a lot of threads in Hangout, but most of the time they sound like conversations between really good friends, so I don't post because it might seem weird? Like a stranger who randomly butts into a conversation you're having with a friend - which, I guess I've just done. Oops
4.gif
But it's always fun just to read
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:40:27 PM
Author: jjc
Hi, I''m a newbie
35.gif

I read a lot of threads in Hangout, but most of the time they sound like conversations between really good friends, so I don''t post because it might seem weird? Like a stranger who randomly butts into a conversation you''re having with a friend - which, I guess I''ve just done. Oops
4.gif
But it''s always entertaining just to read
1.gif

Welcome jjc! It''s hard to feel like the new kid on the playground wondering if you can join in the game all the cool kids are playing.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:30:02 PM
Author: HollyS
I think maybe most newbies are developing online relationships to people with whom they share a common bond -- usually the jewelry/diamond posters.

Just off the top of my head, I'd say about 35, maybe 40% stay around and post on all of PS after they are engaged, married, whatever. Others got what they needed and left.
.000000000000001% of guys stay
The rest are drive by posters
This place is drowning in estrogen.
maybe we need a car talk and a gun talk forum :}

newbie>Which shotgun goes best with this tux and what size shot is needed to stop a fleeing Honda?

kewl dude> We need pix of the shotguns!!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:12:38 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
1.gif
Hi Dancing, I'm def a newbie
41.gif

I have to agree 100% with JJC post, keep in mind, many of us have lurked for YEARS [ looking for ideas & drooling] prior to posting
35.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m not such a newbie and I still feel like most hangout posts are conversations between really good friends. I also feel weird sometimes posting on hangout threads...or just like no one''s gonna read what I write anyway.

2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always figured it''s because they are too busy looking for their stone, etc... When I first joined, I didn''t post in hangout either.. Took me a while to get my feet wet. And boy have they been wet ever since... LOL!!!
3.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:14:46 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Ditto. I occasionally lurked on PS for about 3 years before I joined, and when I joined, it took me about a year to check out anything outside of SMTR and the celebrity ring thread.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:45:43 PM
Author: strmrdr

Just off the top of my head, I''d say about 35, maybe 40% stay around and post on all of PS after they are engaged, married, whatever. Others got what they needed and left.

newbie>Which shotgun goes best with this tux and what size shot is needed to stop a fleeing Honda?

Hahaa....so true.

You can always talk about electronics and ESPN.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:13:47 PM
Author: TheBigT
I''m not such a newbie and I still feel like most hangout posts are conversations between really good friends. I also feel weird sometimes posting on hangout threads...or just like no one''s gonna read what I write anyway.

2.gif
I couldn''t agree more, TheBigT!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock

2.gif
Ditto to this. I was just talking to BF last night about it. He asked if people responded to my posts and I said "eh, it depends. I''m looked over most of the time." I think it''s because people tend to look at the "regulars" and comment on those posts. I may not post that often, but I lurk a lot, and am guilty of scanning through when in a hurry and reading those I am familiar with.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Heck I''ve been here almost 8 years and I just started posting here...I figure it''s time to connect with the group! I think it''s true that newbies are trying to find their diamond and learn everything they can so they just don''t have time.

Gullfoss

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m a newbie
35.gif

I read a lot of threads in Hangout, but most of the time they sound like conversations between really good friends, so I don''t post because it might seem weird? Like a stranger who randomly butts into a conversation you''re having with a friend - which, I guess I''ve just done. Oops
4.gif
But it''s always fun just to read
1.gif

jjc this is the perfect way to describe it.
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:45:56 PM
Author: sammyj

2.gif

I couldn''t agree more, TheBigT!

I agree with this too! Either that, or people have already said the jist of what I would add myself. But just think, I''m sure there are lots of us out there that read the Hangout threads who don''t post all that often, so if your post isn''t getting direct responses, it''s still probably getting read and thought about!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i didn''t even know this was here
3.gif

Gullfoss

Rough_Rock
Well I guess technically I am just a newbie to posting. I first found PS in 2003 - 2004 and I have learned so much. I was married before I found PS, oh the knowledge I wish I had when we were looking at rings.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I''m a newbie
35.gif

4.gif
1.gif
I totally agree with jjc.
Once in a while I''ll add something to the conversation in Hangout, but I rarely get any type of an acknowledgment. I usually just reply because someone is asking for input on something I may know about.
SMTR and Rocky Talk seem more open to random commentary, so I usually hang there.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
DF- I get more of a response to posts I make in LIW. I lurk more than I post currently. When I browse many threads, people usually have already said what I was thinking in their posts.
2.gif
I don''t have many nice jewelry pieces or projects to share and I am not having a kid/parenting, planning a wedding, contemplating a purchase, or looking for advice. I feel like a wallflower PSer, LOL.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 7:45:43 PM
Author: strmrdr

You be Click, I''ll be Clack!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s because every time a newbie finds hangout and posts what they think is a fun, interesting question, we all jump in to post links that look something like this:

Hi, glad you could join us, we talked about this last week - here ya go:

www.pricescope.com/idealbb/youreasillyheadgobacktowhereyoucamefrom1243885

Use the search function. Thanks!!

2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think that sometimes newbies feel intimidated - either that or they are really focused on the ring and then leave.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2009 9:33:33 PM
Author: equestrienne
DF- I get more of a response to posts I make in LIW. I lurk more than I post currently. When I browse many threads, people usually have already said what I was thinking in their posts.
2.gif
I don''t have many nice jewelry pieces or projects to share and I am not having a kid/parenting, planning a wedding, contemplating a purchase, or looking for advice. I feel like a wallflower PSer, LOL.
Deb said...i''m not allowed to post on LIW.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I''m a newbie
35.gif

4.gif
1.gif
i don''t have any good friends here,only good enemies.
16.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:27:10 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Hi, I''m a newbie
35.gif

4.gif
1.gif
i don''t have any good friends here,only good enemies.
16.gif
Don''t let him fool you, he''s got a big fan base here.
1.gif

jjc,
I look forward to getting to know you. We are a nice bunch for the most part!!!!
9.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results