shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like the pink diamonds in the setting?

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have chosen a diamond and I am now creating the setting custom. I didn't find many setting that caught my eye until I saw this one:

capture_28.png

I decided to use this as my inspiration and I have received the CAD back. I am now wondering if I want to ditch the pink diamonds for white ones. Since this is a CAD the prongs are very pronounced which will not be the case with the finished ring. I am wondering if the diamonds will be pinker also but I will ask the designers that. So what do you think?

front.png
front_top.png
top.png
side.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I find them distracting. I also dont like how they just sort of stop at a cross over. I feel like it's just not a good
place for pink diamonds. If anything I would put them on the halo but I would probably leave them off all together.

Edit - was also wondering if you wanted the infinity shank different than your inspiration picture? They are much straighter
in case you didnt realize.

Edit again...sorry, I keep looking at the CADS. I think I would have the main diamond lowered. The way it looks now you
can see the pavilion of the diamond when looking at the side view. I think most people like it where you only see the
crown angle on up (not any pavilion from the side view).

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I agree. If you really want them in the design then maybe a halo would look better. Another option might be a pink stacking band if you want to keep your ering classic, but still have a pop of color. Ultimately you should get what really makes your heart sing though! :appl:

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
I think the reason the shape is different is because the inspiration piece has a very large emerald cut diamond and mine has a much more affordable 1.7ct princess cut. I will ask the designer about it and about lowering the diamond. Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donotbugme|1444148304|3935385 said:
I think the reason the shape is different is because the inspiration piece has a very large emerald cut diamond and mine has a much more affordable 1.7ct princess cut. I will ask the designer about it and about lowering the diamond. Thanks!

1. The original has the curve going outwards a little before coming into the X where they meet/crossover. Yours goes straight inwards.
2. The inspiration picture shows strongly saturated pink melees, probably intense to vivid. Unless the melees you select are the same, the natural colour of most pink melees tend to be blush or faintly pink.

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
Thank you I didn't know that about the pink diamonds. I also see what you are talking about with the straight vs curve at the intersection point.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pink of the inspiration picture vs the more fuschia coloured in the cad. I dont think they will be as distracting if they are a lighter pink, but thats your final decision.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like how they stop suddenly. There's no flow to it. If they were on one side with the other colourless and I'd like it better. And then maybe on opposite sides of the big diamond so it looked like they were flowing down the ring. But the weird V shape is just weird.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they give the crossover extra definition and make the ring look more unique. I think the pink will look very pretty.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are prongs always so large on CADs? Does anyone know?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1444150883|3935414 said:
They cast to what is drawn in the CAD. After casting, filing and polishing will make them thinner. If they are made thin to begin with, there will not be much metal left to hold the stone and it ends up structurally weak.

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help! I have sent the CAD back with some questions about issues that were raised about the curves and how the diamond is sitting. I think I will go with all white diamonds. I do not think the Pink diamonds will be that really light white-pink from the inspiration. So let's see what round 2 looks like.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that how the pinks are used in this setting is not attractive.
I think a halo of pinks would look better.

Also I'm not a fan of combining square diamond cuts with round diamonds or a square diamond in a setting with lots of curves.
It clashes, to my eyes.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1444151056|3935416 said:
Jambalaya|1444150883|3935414 said:
They cast to what is drawn in the CAD. After casting, filing and polishing will make them thinner. If they are made thin to begin with, there will not be much metal left to hold the stone and it ends up structurally weak.

Thanks, Chrono.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Donotbugme|1444152035|3935421 said:
Thanks for all the help! I have sent the CAD back with some questions about issues that were raised about the curves and how the diamond is sitting. I think I will go with all white diamonds. I do not think the Pink diamonds will be that really light white-pink from the inspiration. So let's see what round 2 looks like.

(In case you want to see some variations)
Here are a few threads with pinks:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pink-diamond-eternity-band.107602/page-2
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ixed-with-pink-diamond-rose-gold-band.164186/
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ht-pink-yellow-diamond-eternity-bands.205888/
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...wedding-band-eternity-band-pics-links.155232/

:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No pink, all white diamonds. You can always add variety by having different bands, but leave the e-ring all white diamonds.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, your side view has a lot of metal in it...have you considered a more interesting gallery area? Not saying you have to do anything
to it but since you are doing a custom ring and have the option I thought I'd mention it.

Look at the side views of these rings for different examples...or you could have it engraved.
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER9384W44JJ
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER4131W44JJ
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER6422W44JJ
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER5795W44JJ
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER5949W44JJ
https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER5755W44JJ

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
I spoke with the designer at whiteflash and we discussed all the great idea you all offered. He also made some suggestions himself and here is what we are moving forward with for the 2nd CAD:

1. Pink diamonds are gone and being replaced with white diamonds
2. The diamond will be lowered so only the girdle up will be visible. He said that if we lowered it more it would make a space in the pave and that would make the center diamond appear smaller.
3. Reduce the height of the halo to make it gallery less bulky.
4. Changing the shank from square to round to allow the top of it to curve more. The designer said because the inspiration is a large emerald cut the rectangle shape allows for more of a curve which is why we didn't see it in the first CAD.

@tyty333 Thank you for the idea. I will ask him about that and see what are my options.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Donotbugme|1444234893|3935852 said:
I spoke with the designer at whiteflash and we discussed all the great idea you all offered. He also made some suggestions himself and here is what we are moving forward with for the 2nd CAD:

2. The diamond will be lowered so only the girdle up will be visible. He said that if we lowered it more it would make a space in the pave and that would make the center diamond appear smaller.
4. Changing the shank from square to round to allow the top of it to curve more. The designer said because the inspiration is a large emerald cut the rectangle shape allows for more of a curve which is why we didn't see it in the first CAD.

@tyty333 Thank you for the idea. I will ask him about that and see what are my options.

Great news! Looking forward to seeing more of your project! Very exviting! :wavey:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Donotbugme|1444234893|3935852 said:

ooooh! I like the modifications you are making to the CAD you originally posted.

keep us posted on your project

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds a lot better the pink was very distracting

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
ok, here is the second CAD. Let me know what you think:

capture1.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new version is much better!!

Since this is RT I'll be honest though - I'm still with Kenny: the juxtaposition of pointy, edgy princess, square halo, and gracefully undulating shank just don't quite go together, to my eyes...

What about straightening the lines on the shank?

straight.png

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1444400850|3936613 said:

Since this is RT I'll be honest though - I'm still with Kenny: the juxtaposition of pointy, edgy princess, square halo, and gracefully undulating shank just don't quite go together, to my eyes...

Is that even possible to have strait? First time ring shopper so I am still naive about what is possible.

Thanks!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1444400850|3936613 said:

Does the side view of the christian fish design have meaning for you then even if possible don't straighten the sides you will lose the symbolism :angel:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Although I almost always want pink diamonds- I'm glad to see you removed them in this ring! Second round of CADs look much better. And I like the curved sides better than changing them to angled.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1444566242|3937192 said:
Although I almost always want pink diamonds- I'm glad to see you removed them in this ring! Second round of CADs look much better. And I like the curved sides better than changing them to angled.

Agree.

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for you input. I will move forward with this design :dance:

Donotbugme

Rough_Rock
Re:Do you like the pink diamonds in the setting?THE RING IS

Hello,

I wanted to update everyone that helped out and let you see the finished product from White Flash. I just took possession yesterday and only had a chance to snap a couple of cell phone pics. Thanks for all your help!

I found this pic of it while looking on White Flashes website. Prob need to buy the wedding band before I buy earrings :D Sorry for the bad grammer I was really excited when I wrote this.
capture_29.png

Here are some less quality cell phone pics:
16146.jpg
16152.jpg

Here is the progress from inspiration to finished product

capture_28.png
top.png front_top.png
capture1.png
16146.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results