shape
carat
color
clarity

do you like my e-ring? (versus a three stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hammy123

Rough_Rock

Hi All,
It's great to be on pricescope and I enjoy reading all of your informed opinions. I just got engaged (!) and I've posted a pic of my ring. Would you prefer this to a three-stone of comparable price?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

untitleda123.JPG

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Hammy,
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous and looks absolutely huge on your hand. The center diamond really stands out. I think I''d definitely pick it over a three-stone, but it comes down to individual taste there. It sounds almost like you wish you''d gotten a three-stone instead... Maybe you should ask for one for an anniversary gift in the future!
Now that you''ve made your first post on Pricescope, how about posting the stats on your centre diamond and your ring size, and some more beautiful photos. If you''ve read even a few posts here, you know that everyone will be wanting those details. Hope to see more soon!
Kate

hammy123

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much Kate for your response! That means so much to me! Here are the specifics of the ring:
2.23 carat center stone (round brilliant) w/ .33 tapered baguettes. (I don'' t know the clarity or color). From Harry Winston.

I suppose that I did like the three stone but there''s something to be said about retaining the original ring I received w/ the proposal (call me sentimental). Perhaps I could wear the three stone on my right hand if I get one in the future for an anniversary gift!

I''ve also attached more pics.

Thanks again!

PICT0028a.JPG

hammy123

Rough_Rock
Oh, btw, I''m a size 5. Here is another pic.

PICT0032a.JPG

anika

Shiny_Rock
Hammy,
your ring is just so exquisite; I had to reply. Simply stunning. Once, you stare it all day long and in different lights you''ll fall in love. I do prefer it to a 3 stone but thats me. I think you could get a 3 stone down the track.

Anika

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the honker solitaire
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
No I DEFINITELY would not prefer a 3 stone in favour of that beauty, no no no no! It's beautiful! Shoot for the three stone for an anniversary maybe, of course that is entirely up to you, there is no way I would trade that puppy in for one, but you must do what makes you happy! Also welcome Hammy
35.gif
you will have fun here and many compliments on your ring I know!
3.gif

I LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I wouldn''t change a thing. Most women would kill for that ring. Go for the 3-stone for a right hand ring- then you can have the best of both worlds
36.gif

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your ring, it''s gorgeous, and I wouldn''t change a thing! How about a right hand 3 stone ring for an anniversary instead?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I think it''s perfect. The prongs are to die for! I prefer the look you have over a three stone any day of the week. And yours is magnificent!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! You are very lucky lady. Don''t change a thing!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hammy,
I love your ering. I think it''s fabulous. The stone is just huge and I adore the baguettes on the side. I love this look as opposed to a 3 stone ring. Really. Congrats on your engagement and enjoy your beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!!! it''s perfect IMO!!! congratulatins on your engagement...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
You are very very very very very lucky!

I would not change that in...I wouldn''t even think about it. That ring is so classic and it is from Harry Winston!!!!!!

The ring is huge on your hand too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to have that ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That really is an amazing ring, and it looks so HUGE on your hand, I LOVE it. I''m not a fan of three stone rings usually, so I definately would prefer the one you have. Congrats on your engagement!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Gorgous ring
36.gif
! What about a 3-stone wedding band, that woud be gorgous beside it!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Do I really like it? UH... YEAH! It''s beautiful and looks awesome on you!

I love it! Congrats!
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
"Do I like your Ering?" Does a bear sh-- in the woods? I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif
30.gif

It''s classic and utterly gorgeous...just doesn''t get better...

Congratulations!

widget

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think that is an absolutely fantastic ring!! love love love it... I wouldn''t change a thing
30.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a classic for a reason!
It''s beautiful.

Scintillating...

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Hammy.

It''s *gorgeous~!* Congrats on your engagement. I agree with everyone else, this one looks perfect on your hand and if you want a 3-stone, get one as a RHR later on down the line.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am drooling over this BEAUTY. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post more photos for us.

Your Harry Winston baby is WELCOME, ( as are you
35.gif
) to join our children. There are some beauties on board...Tiffany''s, Cartier''s, Leon''s, MM''s, many other custom creations...and now yours!!!!

I love the classic stone size ratio of your ring along the the infamous HW claw prongs. Give us our photo fix! Oh, and honey you never have to ask the board permission to keep a classic Harry Winston....YES YES YES keep that baby! I think it is obvious there are many jewelry pieces in your future...you''ll get that three stoner...hang on.

Yippee you got a HW!! Thrilled for you!

DKS

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Hammy, your ring is beautiful!!! I definitely think you should keep this ring instead of a three stone!! It''s stunning!!! More pics!!! More pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning and I would for sure take that honker over a 3 stone ring!!!!! Wowza - it''s like a planet on your little finger!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love your ring and would take it over a 3 stone ring any day. it looks gorgeous on your finger!

peace,movie zombie

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please don''t take this the wrong way but ... LADY, YOU''S CRAZY!!!!

Your boy doesn''t happen to love the White Sox does he?

hammy123

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
Wow I just woke up and checked my email and I sincerely want to thank you for all your encouraging and thoughtful words! I''ve been reading your opinions in the various threads and I know that pricescope forum members are not afraid to express their opinions one way or the other in terms of his/her preference so your words in favor of the ring means A LOT to me! Also, I''m pretty new to learning about and researching diamonds (I just heard of the 4 C''s!) so I really value having your trusted input. Thanks all again!

So, I think I''m going to keep this ring -- not to say that the three-stone from HW (center stone of 1.55 w/ 2 side stones of .8 each -- round brilliant as well) wasn''t a stunner in its own right, but I think that the classic look, the fact that it was the very ring my boyfriend (now fiance) =) proposed with, and all of your opinions have convinced me that I shouldn''t look back, only forward to hopefully a three-stone maybe in the future...

decodelighted, in response to your question: no my boyfriend is not a White Sox fan -- but I do know why you asked me -- I just read White Sox''s thread about his quest for seeking the round brilliant from HW for his girlfriend (that thread kept me on the edge of my seat!) -- Great coincidence!

I will post more pics for you all but unfortunately my camera is on the fritz but it will be fixed later on in the week. I hope to have more pics up on Saturday.

Best Regards,
hammy

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Hammy!
36.gif
and welcome to PS! Thanks for sharing the beauty with us. I would definitely prefer this ring over a 3 stone. Like everyone else said, you can always get a 3 stone ring in the future for an anniversary present.

But this beauty is gorgeous!!! Love the classic look. More pics!!!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it!
30.gif
I would definately choose that over a three stone...but then I do not like three stones. Hm. I think your ring is an elegant style that will not go out of fashion. And might I add that your nails look awsome as well.
36.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love three-stone rings, but when I get engaged, I would actually prefer to have a solitare like yours. It''s BEAUTIFUL! I definitely agree with everyone who said that the three-stone makes a great anniversary ring down the road. That''s what I''d want. Congratulations on your engagement and that gorgeous ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DO NOT EXCHANGE THAT RING!!! It is classic and beautiful. I am not a huge fan of three stone rings (of all the same cut that is) personally unless the side stones are MUCH smaller than the center stone. I like the center stone to POP. Congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results