shape
carat
color
clarity

do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sroblee

Rough_Rock
hi, i am new to this forum. i could use some advice from you guys. i have been married for 8 years...my first bridal set , my husband and i, purchased at walt mart, we were broke at the time..well it pretty much fell apart a year later,some of the tiny diamonds on the band fell out. anyways...we started looking for a new set. i found one that i like at zales, but my friends and my parents dont reeally like it. (i kno,w its my opinions that matters but id like some of you guys to tell me what you think about it) it does not have one center diamond but i think its unique. im not a diamond fanatic and probably dont appreciate big diamonds like some other but the desiggh was original. im posting a picture so you can look at it. aslso do you think its ok to buy a whole new bridal set since ive been married for 8 years? i did not like any anniversery bands or rings. thank you
25.gif

pZALE1-2299932t240.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you and your hubby are both in agreement about a new bridal set, why not? After all, that is a symbol of commitment between the two of you. It has nothing to do with your friends and parents.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS
35.gif

I am not loving the design. Heart-shaped rings seem a little too cutsey for me. However, if you like the heart shape, you should go for it. Your family and us here at PS will not be wearing the ring.

Now, whatever you decide you want, and you can certainly get a whole new set if you want, I would NOT get it from Zales! It will be overpriced, and the quality will be nowhere near what you can get online, in a ring like that.

sroblee

Rough_Rock
i forgot to mention that i did not buy the ring yet, the picture is from the zale website, i went to te store and the ring was very sparkly. i will give the details about the ring a little later if some of you like it, id like to know if the price seems fair. i would like to know if you like the design thank you

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 8:51:13 AM
Author: sroblee
i forgot to mention that i did not buy the ring yet, the picture is from the zale website, i went to te store and the ring was very sparkly. i will give the details about the ring a little later if some of you like it, id like to know if the price seems fair. i would like to know if you like the design thank you
Please don''t let those jewelery store lights fool you, everything is sparkly in there.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS!

The main thing is if you and your Hubby like the design, personally I am not keen on it, but it is a bit busy for my liking - sorry!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with chrono. there are a lot of women here who purchased new wedding sets (myself included) for all sorts of reasons. You are your hubby are the only opinions that matter and since he''s on board, go for it.

Have you seen the ring in person and tried it on? if it made your heart go pitter patter than you should get what you love. everyone will have different opinions so you just need to find what you like. You might also consider doing a little more research on zales before you purcase though (you can enter them into the search box here)
1.gif
and welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s totally OK to buy a whole new set if your hubby and you agree.

That said it looks like the heart is several small diamonds set together. NOT a durable type of setting. Please look around PS for a while and then see about getting a heart shape that''s just one stone making up the heart.

Good Luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely think that if you want a new wedding set and your DH isn''t dead set against it for sentimental reasons, then why not?! It is also important that you get what YOU like. Having said that, I''m not a fan of this design for a ring. I actually have a pendant made in the exact same way (an on-point princess with 2 half moons) and it is okay as a pendant but a ring gets knocked around quite a bit more.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

We definetly need more info to give opinions, but chances are, as have been stated, that you will not get a good deal shopping at Zales. Their prices are high and their diamonds aren''t of the best quality. You can find better prices from other online vendors so you may want to shop around a bit.

I think it''s great that you and your husband are planning to get a new wedding set for you & I hope you find what you truely love.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
If it were me, I would get a wedding ring just like the one in the picture - you can find one of much higher quality at www.facetscollection.com for around $400 - and then, get a heart shaped solitaire with the remaining $1450.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 5:40:34 PM
Author: kristy_lyn
If it were me, I would get a wedding ring just like the one in the picture - you can find one of much higher quality at www.facetscollection.com for around $400 - and then, get a heart shaped solitaire with the remaining $1450.

I agree. You could even get a heart shaped diamond set into a channel set band to get the same look.

Those diamonds at Zales just are really bad quality and really overpriced. You can do much much better on price and quality...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results