shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have more bracelets or more rings????

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I would have a similar amount of each but I wear my bangles stacked & only usually wear one ring at a time.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy rings more because I often have long sleeved shirts on and so can’t truly appreciate the bracelets. They aren’t comfy with long sleeves either.
I do love necklaces too. I change them out with my outfits.
Besides my ring fetish, I’m think I am an equal opportunity jewelry collector.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings all the way! When I think "special piece" I always think of rings first. But I also find a lot of bracelets fiddly or annoying and tend to reserve them for special occasions only.

Rings first.
Earrings second.
Then necklaces.
Then bracelets.

(This is just me!)

I'm exactly the same as @Cerulean. Bracelets seem to bother me, probably because I work at a computer most of the day. The number of items I have in each category is exactly what she has listed, in descending order. I really don't even look to purchase any more bracelets.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
I definitely have more bracelets than rings. Love them both. But I love all jewelry have a lot of rings and several necklaces.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate changing bracelets (and necklaces for that matter). I have more rings. I'd only have/wear 1 bracelet and would only
want ones that I could wear together and not have to take off. I'll admit it...I'm lazy!:cheeky:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have way more rings than bracelets, but I love bracelets. And pendants. I rarely wear earrings because my silly earlobes hurt after an hour of having earrings in.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings - definitely. But I don't have oceans of rings, and I do have a good selection of bracelets / bangles, one or two of which I wear every day.

And now I'm sitting here counting them....

5 metal, 2 diamond, 1 charm bracelet, 1 bead, one hand blown glass, my cancer memorial bracelet...and I *think* that's it.

So - probably twice the ring to bracelet ratio.

And now we both know!

:mrgreen:

(I've never counted them before....)

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
A quick update on this “poll”
So rings win out as a PS fave by far. I counted 17 of you who have more rings than any other type of piece and who would purchase another ring first if given the opportunity.
Bracelets are a distant second at 7 who prefer them and would purchase another.
Necklaces had 4 votes as a fave.
Earrings just 2.
I’m still in the throes of my decision making and won’t have a bling update until next week. My jeweler decided to go on vacation so everything stops until he’s back!
Oh, and the reasons why ppl prefer or dislike certain types of pieces is interesting too, I should’ve mentioned.
Rings were preferred because:
More bang for the buck
Gemstone heavy
Easy to swap out
Easy to admire by the owner=more joy
Can wear multiple
Bracelets:
Fiddly/difficult to put on/difficult with computers/uncomfortable
More metal less gemstone
Wearer can admire
Necklaces:
Wearer cannot see and enjoy
Easier to wear one easy-keeper 24/7 than swap multiple
Earrings:
Sometimes hurt
Wearer cannot see and enjoy

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Rings - definitely. But I don't have oceans of rings, and I do have a good selection of bracelets / bangles, one or two of which I wear every day.

And now I'm sitting here counting them....

5 metal, 2 diamond, 1 charm bracelet, 1 bead, one hand blown glass, my cancer memorial bracelet...and I *think* that's it.

So - probably twice the ring to bracelet ratio.

And now we both know!

:mrgreen:

(I've never counted them before....)

Ooops, @mrs-b you and I were typing at the same time so I didn’t count your vote.
Ok.
18 rings as favorites!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m too late to the party but I definitely have more rings than any other piece of jewelry.
I like them because you can see them all
the time. I have to look in a mirror to see my necklaces. Bracelets are second because I can also see them..I always loved them. Earrings are last because I just tend to wear my studs..I very occasionally change them out of rotation for something else. In fact I force myself to rotate my earrings.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I’m too late to the party but I definitely have more rings than any other piece of jewelry.
I like them because you can see them all
the time. I have to look in a mirror to see my necklaces. Bracelets are second because I can also see them..I always loved them. Earrings are last because I just tend to wear my studs..I very occasionally change them out of rotation for something else. In fact I force myself to rotate my earrings.

I agree.
Earrings are always last with me too because of my studs!
Nothing can beat them so I quit trying!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Serious gorgeousness! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks @mrs-b
I gotta say they are little rockstars.
I know a woman “of a certain age” like me should have 1.5. carats each but I have been super happy with no DSS at all simply because they are so white and super clean.
everytime I pass a mirror they keep out at me.
Without fail!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b
I know a woman “of a certain age” like me should have 1.5. carats each but I have been super happy with no DSS at all simply because they are so white and super clean.
Without fail!!!!

No 'shoulds' when it comes to taste. Yours look fabulous!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @mrs-b
Without fail!!!!

I’m of a “certain age”…. But I don’t have earlobes to ever be able to rock 1.5cts…. I wish I did.
They look perfect!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings all the way! When I think "special piece" I always think of rings first. But I also find a lot of bracelets fiddly or annoying and tend to reserve them for special occasions only.

Rings first.
Earrings second.
Then necklaces.
Then bracelets.

(This is just me!)
Same! I have more rings because they are easier to gaze at. I would have more bracelets but, honestly, I don't always feel comfortable wearing them all the time.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Late to this thread but for me it’s:
Rings>………………Pendants>……Bracelets>…… Brooches

So it’s rings by a big gap and if I could only choose one thing to collect, it would be rings. I used to collect handbags and that was a pain to transport when we moved countries. Never again! Jewelry at least can be kept on the body or if needed, left in a bank safe. Rings are just the best because you can change them multiple times a day, stack them, wear one on every finger, and they keep me entertained on the train because I can get lost in admiring my own bling.

Then I think pendants were a natural branch out. I’m not really a big necklace wearer but sometimes more fragile stones call for a pendant setting or you get tempted to make a matching set. I don’t wear earrings at all so pendants are pretty much the only way I do matching accessories.

I have only one 18k white gold diamond bangle and that’s pretty much enough for me. The rest of my fun bracelets are silver with charms or cz stones. And I don’t wear them often enough to justify buying any more. And I tend to break bracelets too. I once broke and lost a 10k gold link bracelet. And don’t get me started on beaded bracelets, I’ve broken at least six or seven of those.

Although I don’t have any pins of any value, I do love collecting fun and vintage brooches with freshwater pearls, Austrian crystals and the like, and if the right brooch turns up one day, I won’t say no. Even better if it’s a convertible brooch-pendant!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a ring girl, I can appreciate bracelets because you can admire them on yourself much like rings. I just worry that a bracelet can fall off or break easier than a ring (properly fitting) can slip off.

So I guess I prefer rings because they seem more secure than bracelets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results