carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a "Type"?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1444884647|3938419 said:

Because of YOU Matata, I ended up having the oddest dream where my family and my boyfriend were camping at a lodge, and for some reason my boyfriend is shirtless and pulls me into an embrace hello, and he's all muscley chest and arms, tan, no hair. DH who? I didn't see his face in the dream. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1445095755|3939260 said:

Because of YOU Matata, I ended up having the oddest dream where my family and my boyfriend were camping at a lodge, and for some reason my boyfriend is shirtless and pulls me into an embrace hello, and he's all muscley chest and arms, tan, no hair. DH who? I didn't see his face in the dream. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well this is the first time that I know of that I've been responsible for someone's dream! I'm excited. But a tad disappointed that you didn't have full-on erotic dream experience. Perhaps you should look at the picture again :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1445097579|3939270 said:
PintoBean|1445095755|3939260 said:

Well this is the first time that I know of that I've been responsible for someone's dream! I'm excited. But a tad disappointed that you didn't have full-on erotic dream experience. Perhaps you should look at the picture again :bigsmile:

Yes ma'am! Studying it like I'm prepping for a final exam!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one who loves redheads???? Not carrot red but copper, auburn sexxy red!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1445015290|3938940 said:
jordyonbass|1445000172|3938844 said:
... I tend to prefer blondes as I come from mostly dark-haired people.

You mention a causal effect of opposites attracting.
I suspect there would be scientific support for this.
We all know inbreeding produces offspring with problems, while unrelated parents produce healthier babies.
Over time this gives an evolutionary advantage to people who partner with those who look very different.

I'm not saying straight people should consciously seek a partner who looks different from his/her family.
I just think, though there are plenty of exceptions, opposites attracting is very understandable.

Types and what each of us find attractive is not an equal-opportunity or PC thing.
We just like what we like.
Imagine if the law stated you were required to find every person on the planet equally attractive and entitled to your affections! :roll:

I'm fascinated bywhy we are attracted to our type, though I suspect it is ultimately not fully explainable.
I think it's both nature and nurture.
Society/family often pressures us to score a partner that's as close to that 'ideal' :roll: appearance.
Jordy, you and I have a preference for a partner who is larger, and that means we get fewer high fives than if we went for the :roll: so-called ideal.
I think everyone's type preference should be equally respected.

I can't speak for straight folks but gay men can be viscous, cruel and catty when they find out you like men who are hairier and of higher BMI.

While evolutionary support for opposites attracting can be argued for straight people (who can reproduce) I also see lots of examples of opposites attracting in gay folks.
... short with tall, dark with light, hairy with smooth, and younger with older, introvert with extrovert, heavier with thinner, even lower-income with higher-income.

I'd suspect you are right regarding opposites attracting to avoid genetic conditions, that may be a behavioural trait of humans as a species. I've also heard it suggested that certain body shapes also cause a similar effect, for example attraction to women with curves is due to a suggested reason of sub-consciously seeing fertility and other 'motherly' traits that indicate an ideal partner for breeding (regardless of the male's intent to have children). I don't know how true that is though as obviously men are attracted to all different body shapes in women.

Kenny, while the evolutionary support may be there for heterosexual couples there are hundreds of species that show homosexual tendencies too. So I'd have to think there would be a scientific/evolutionary hypothesis for homosexual attraction as well, I think in this case I may be ignorant of it and may have to do some research when I am not exhausted from 12 hours of emergencies :loopy:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1445110458|3939342 said:
... Kenny, while the evolutionary support may be there for heterosexual couples there are hundreds of species that show homosexual tendencies too. So I'd have to think there would be a scientific/evolutionary hypothesis for homosexual attraction as well, I think in this case I may be ignorant of it and may have to do some research when I am not exhausted from 12 hours of emergencies :loopy:

At the risk of stereotyping I've heard the hypothesis that there IS an 'intended' purpose for gays and straights.
Obviously straights deliver the next generation.
Gays, well many of them, could be called the 'beauty-makers' for the straights.

While hets are busy raising the next generation, the homs help make straights' lives better ... doing your hair, producing art and entertainment, fashion and interior decorating, etc.

When I read about this idea I thought it was sorta lame and pushing it.
I mean, there IS no plan or design to all this.
Stuff just is.
But, whatev; it's interesting to think about.

Next there's the idea that gays are, what some Native American cultures called, Two-Spirits.
Having and embracing both the masculine and the feminine they may have an easier time seeing both sides of conflicts.
Gays were used as counselors and arbitrators and functioned in holy capacities.
Some of this may continue to this day as many religious leaders are gay ... I suspect at a higher percentage than the population at large.

But, again, I digress. :nono:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1444948193|3938691 said:
To me, the size of the guy himself is way more important than the size of that thing.
Size means nothing if IT doesn't perform!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm shocked by reading Deb's posts on this thread... :-o all these years on PS I thought she was sweet and innocent... :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1445118240|3939365 said:
kenny|1444948193|3938691 said:
To me, the size of the guy himself is way more important than the size of that thing.
Size means nothing if IT doesn't perform!

Oversized ones can be the worst performers ... not that I'd know this :whistle: ... I read in Reader's Digest it has something to do with getting and staying, ready ... whatever that means. :saint:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1445115579|3939361 said:
AprilBaby|1445108933|3939333 said:
Am I the only one who loves redheads???? Not carrot red but copper, auburn sexxy red!

You are not alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-EO5I60KA

I've met a LOT of sexy gingers. Caliente! :appl:

Ladies Ladies Ladies, try to restrain yourselves because Kenny is a Ginger :naughty: ... well downstairs still, at least. :oops:
You know what they say about those Swedish men! :Up_to_something:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1445121833|3939383 said:

You are not alone.

Ladies Ladies Ladies, try to restrain yourselves because Kenny is a Ginger :naughty: ... well downstairs still, at least. :oops:

They make good meat balls!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now, there's a mouthful. :oops:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: :whistle: :naughty:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are not alone.

Hot diggity!!!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like others, I don't have a physical type as such, it's all about personality, and I've dated people who look very different from one another. Having said that, there are certain looks that I just don't go for. I'm not attracted to stocky builds, and like Missy, I don't like facial hair at all. I also don't like pale blue eyes - reminds me of wolves, and not in a good way!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1445072495|3939176 said:
uh...someone who still has their own teeth and doesn't use a walker?
hot hot hot

:lol:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is hilarious! :lol:

Personality: Witty, silly/funny yet kind, thoughtful and intelligent. Shared common values.
Physical: Big broad shoulders, sort of like a rugby player. Dark clean-cut hair & dark eyes. Quite masculine overall.
Habits: Non smoker, non drinker, and non gambler. Also not condescending, petty or sarcastic...

Lucky for me DH fits the bill perfectly! :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

You are not alone.

Okay, I give up, what do they say about Swedish men, Kenny? :naughty:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am attracted to musicians. I had a huge thing for Kurt Cobain back in the day.

_34964.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1445392688|3940467 said:

You are not alone.

We are real Swedhearts! ;-)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1445394200|3940481 said:
iLander|1445392688|3940467 said:

You are not alone.

We are real Swedhearts! ;-)

Haha! I thought it was "You can always tell a Swede, but you can't tell him much!"

:D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1445393476|3940473 said:
I am attracted to musicians. I had a huge thing for Kurt Cobain back in the day.

Oh! I wasn't counting musicians or actors performing! There would be too many of them to list! When one is performing, sometimes he is simply amazing. What about Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront" or "The Fugitive Kind"?

And musicians? Just one example. Take Bruce Springsteen. This song isn't even one of my favorites. (I prefer "Hungry Heart" and "I'm on Fire".)

"Dancing in the Dark"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfk0uMLhXqY

Deb/AGBF, always innocent
:saint:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1445015290|3938940 said:
jordyonbass|1445000172|3938844 said:
... I tend to prefer blondes as I come from mostly dark-haired people.

You mention a causal effect of opposites attracting.
I suspect there would be scientific support for this.
We all know inbreeding produces offspring with problems, while unrelated parents produce healthier babies.
Over time this gives an evolutionary advantage to people who partner with those who look very different.

I'm not saying straight people should consciously seek a partner who looks different from his/her family.
I just think, though there are plenty of exceptions, opposites attracting is very understandable.

Types and what each of us find attractive is not an equal-opportunity or PC thing.
We just like what we like.
Imagine if the law stated you were required to find every person on the planet equally attractive and entitled to your affections! :roll:

I'm fascinated bywhy we are attracted to our type, though I suspect it is ultimately not fully explainable.
I think it's both nature and nurture.
Society/family often pressures us to score a partner that's as close to that 'ideal' :roll: appearance.
Jordy, you and I have a preference for a partner who is larger, and that means we get fewer high fives than if we went for the :roll: so-called ideal.
I think everyone's type preference should be equally respected.

I can't speak for straight folks but gay men can be viscous, cruel and catty when they find out you like men who are hairier and of higher BMI.

While evolutionary support for opposites attracting can be argued for straight people (who can reproduce) I also see lots of examples of opposites attracting in gay folks.
... short with tall, dark with light, hairy with smooth, and younger with older, introvert with extrovert, heavier with thinner, even lower-income with higher-income.

How weird is it that my dad also has black hair and blue eyes? And he was never around much when I was growing up?

I don't think I need to pay a therapist to figure this out . . . :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1445393476|3940473 said:
I used to have a thing for musicians too. My oldest son's father is one.

I'm cured of that affliction. I like having a roof over my head and food to eat.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I definitely have a type! I've always been attracted to men with/ who are/ who have:

- blue or green eyes
- dark haired
- darker / olive skin
- taller but not too tall (about 5'11" to 6'1)
- muscly but not too muscly (I do not like thin men or men who are too bulky)
- broad shoulders
- full lips (better for kissing, ha ha)
- long legged
- have a nice cute curvy...ahem..."behind" (don't like flat butts, ha ha)
- non-hairy (or if they are, they have to shave ;)) ); but a tiny bit of facial hair is ok
- a nice witty sense of humour
- intelligent
- most of all, a good heart

Not asking for much, am I?! Lol!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1444946971|3938677 said:
distracts|1444946217|3938673 said:

I think all these "size doesn't matter"/"it's the motion of the ocean" people are just straight-up LYING LIARS WHO LIE. Sorry, boys, not only must you be this tall to ride, you've got to meet a length requirement as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG I wanted to say that but couldn't think of how to phrase it.

YES, I agree. Sorry if that makes me shallow. I'm very forgiving of many appearance related issues but not this one, LOL. Once broke up with a guy who was fantastic in every other way but lacking in this one...

ETA - not just a length, but width requirement too ;-)

He he he, I soooooo agree with this!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1445610896|3941328 said:
Yes, I definitely have a type! I've always been attracted to men with/ who are/ who have:

- blue or green eyes
- dark haired
- darker / olive skin
- broad shoulders
- long legged
- non-hairy (or if they are, they have to shave ;)) ); but a tiny bit of facial hair is ok
- intelligent

Phoenix, you have described me to a Tee!

Now, how much is your diamond collection worth, and can I pick you up at 6:00? :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, tall, dark and handsome, e.g. a young Timothy Dalton:
timothy-timothy-dalton-26314897-492-500.jpg

Other examples include Toby Stephens, Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, etc. etc...

Even better if they wear glasses!

DK :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1445610896|3941328 said:

- blue or green eyes
- dark haired
- darker / olive skin
- broad shoulders
- long legged
- intelligent

I'm not qualify... ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results