shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you get Botox? Why or why not?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t know they tested Botox on animals :( I had it once many years ago and was pleased with the results, it was subtle but not enough of a major difference that I had it again.

A lady I worked with had a grand daughter with cerebral palsy, and they used Botox in her heels to help her walk better.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
@nala to answer your question - I’m pretty fortunate to only need injections every 6-8mths or so. I don’t think it hurts that much. The first 3yrs I never even thought about pain relief then two years ago my doctor asked if I wanted gas to help - I seriously thought he was joking so said sure, sure. I was horrified when he handed me the inhaler - told him “Dude, I’ve birthed 3 babies, suffered 2 miscarriages, 3 cerclages, a ovary imploding plus a hysterectomy - I do not require gas for a few little needles in my forehead”. We laugh each time I see him about the offer of gas now.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Allergan media release was from 2011! I do dislike that google does that.

I hope you aren't accusing me of not being a good person! I did not say that. Respectfully ma'am, I said that my own choices don't make me a bad person. It was meant more as a social commentary about people are judged.

If, in fact, Botulin was still tested on animals in the US, and if I needed it for migraines, I would use it the same way I would use any of the popular immunomodulators for arthtitis or IBD. Drug testing in big pharma is murky for sure.

I'm mostly really confused about why Europe is so far behind on this. Does anyone across the pond have a good perspsective on this?

@FornasettiLover -

I can honestly say I don't get where you're coming from re the "good person" comment. I said I DONT want to do that. I don't like those sorts of assessments. I don't even know you - nor you me. Neither is in a position to be assessing the other's "goodness". Is that clear enough?

As for 2011 - yes, I know. Issued when 95% sounded all bright and shiny and exciting. Did you think I didn't check the date? I'm a details junkie, Fornasetti. I don't understand your multiple !! tho - was it to imply that it's no longer relevant? If so, I completely disagree. Unless of course you have more recent stats? I'm open to them if you do, as I said about reading the other articles you found about the process. Allergan has a history of deceit as a way of pushing their own agenda, so I'd want to see stats and commentary *about* them, but not *from* them.

Anyway, that's it for me on on this topic. I don't support products tested on animals, even when they're convenient or for my own comfort. If they're life saving, to me, that's different.

Otherwise, no.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don’t get Botox. Thankfully, I don’t need it for migraines. Could make a difference in appearance I guess, but it is only temporary and I don’t want another thing to have to keep up with these days! No judgment regarding others; like everything else in life, choices are individual. I am not heavily wrinkled and I accept that aging is inevitable. I do color my hair as I like it better on me than gray hair but again, my choice.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
off topic
but its cold here
i dropped the remote for the heat pump and the batteries popped out
so its cold while we try to remember how to get it back on warm mode

So blow some of that hot air and heat down here thanks

Last edited:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
@FornasettiLover -

I can honestly say I don't get where you're coming from re the "good person" comment. I said I DONT want to do that. I don't like those sorts of assessments. I don't even know you - nor you me. Neither is in a position to be assessing the other's "goodness". Is that clear enough?

As for 2011 - yes, I know. Issued when 95% sounded all bright and shiny and exciting. Did you think I didn't check the date? I'm a details junkie, Fornasetti. I don't understand your multiple !! tho - was it to imply that it's no longer relevant? If so, I completely disagree. Unless of course you have more recent stats? I'm open to them if you do, as I said about reading the other articles you found about the process. Allergan has a history of deceit as a way of pushing their own agenda, so I'd want to see stats and commentary *about* them, but not *from* them.

Anyway, that's it for me on on this topic. I don't support products tested on animals, even when they're convenient or for my own comfort. If they're life saving, to me, that's different.

Otherwise, no.

Interesting, I think this is why social media is so bad for our children. There’s no way to read tone in these posts. With the best of intentions I’ve unintentionally stirred the pot, I feel waves of hostility and I honestly now feel anxious and want to hide. And I’m a grown up (50). Clearly I’m not tough enough for this. I will stick to my vacuous bling posts.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
off topic
but its cold here
i droppped the remote of the heat pump and the batteries popped out
so its cold while we try to remember how to get it back on warm mode

blow some of that hot air and heat down here

I am so jealous. Its 90 here and I am too lazy to go swimming. Instead I have my AC on the recommended 76 degrees and it sucks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cold is it???

well we dont get snow or anything . lthough there was snow on Mt Rauapaahu and Mt Taranki last week which made it cold
..hang on ill check
the wheather app says 14 degrees C but it surely aint that here
its overcast and cold
id say more like 11 with a light but cold breeze enough for wind chill factor of a couple of degrees

Borris says its cold out and she is happy to have an inside day today with her buddy Mr Heat pump

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so jealous. Its 90 here and I am too lazy to go swimming. Instead I have my AC on the recommended 76 degrees and it sucks.

thats how i feel in the heat of summer so i totally get that

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting, I think this is why social media is so bad for our children. There’s no way to read tone in these posts. With the best of intentions I’ve unintentionally stirred the pot, I feel waves of hostility and I honestly now feel anxious and want to hide. And I’m a grown up (50). Clearly I’m not tough enough for this. I will stick to my vacuous bling posts.

I wouldn’t worry about it, @FornasettiLover . Every time there is some ridiculousness happening in these Hangout threads I just remember we’re on a forum that hinges on an industry rife with ethical issues and no one bats an eye. And your unintentional pot-stirring is practically null and void compared to some members’ tendency to very intentionally come up with shit-stirring posts on a weekly or even daily frequency.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PDO thread neck lift.
Eek! That needle is 4 inches long!
So after watching a few gory videos, and seeing 4 inch needles impaling faces and necks, I have to wonder.....

Are all the participants enjoying this?
It seems like the technicians are sadists and the recipient is a masochist.
Why would a person submit to this for the sake of vanity?
I know that traditional facelift procedures are horrific as well.
And vampire facials? Uggh.

Is the creepy factor attractive to potential customers? Does telling people that you've submitted to these procedures make you seem brave and show how far you'd go for beauty?

This is just my opinion on these "minimally invasive" beauty treatments.
I'm just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PDO thread neck lift.
So after watching a few gory videos, and seeing 4 inch needles impaling faces and necks, I have to wonder.....

Is the creepy factor attractive to potential customers? Does telling people that you've submitted to these procedures make you seem brave and show how far you'd go for beauty?

Go for it! I haven't gotten those big threads and don't know if I ever could there is usually numbing involved at that level. I've mostly had them done under my eyes and find it relatively painless even without numbing. But you have to go to someone who is really good. After all of the tattoos I have a few threads are over in a blink.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for it! I haven't gotten those big threads and don't know if I ever could there is usually numbing involved at that level. I've mostly had them done under my eyes and find it relatively painless even without numbing. But you have to go to someone who is really good. After all of the tattoos I have a few threads are over in a blink.

Ok, all speculation aside.... did it work for you, under your eyes?
How long does it last? How many times can it be repeated?
This is so interesting.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW it really depends on how much you need/want. I actually get Dysport instead of botox, it's a bit "softer" which I prefer since I go more for an "ease" than a "freeze", it's $4 a unit at my injector. I spend about $200 every 3-4 months. I WISH it was $40 though! Oh my!

$4 a unit seems pretty good! I want to get it, I'm just a big old chicken haha.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I was watching one of the Netflix bling shows, I can't remember the name but it had Russian Anna in it. One of the young men was having his nose threaded. It looked, em, painful, unless he was rolling around groaning for show. The idea was intriguing though, if it's the same type of threading?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PDO thread neck lift.

The juice ain’t worth the squeeze!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I do get Botox, but it's for my migraines.

Prior to the Botox, which I started around three and a half years ago, I didn't have any eleven lines nor forehead wrinkles, and I still don't at 55.5.

The injections are at different points in my forehead, temples, trapezius (shoulder and neck) and capitis muscles (just above where the skull sticks out in the back of the head).

The Botox does its best work with the shoulders and back of the head, as everything back there is super tense and sensitive.

The injections on my forehead are in the glabella and above the medial portion of my eyebrows. The spread of the botox can actually vary. I've had the sensation of heaviness in my whole forehead, and eyebrows that don't move. Right now my right eyebrow is starting to come back as to Botox is wearing off.

I can see people using it for reducing the eleven lines (frown lines) and to minimize the size of the masseter muscles to reduce lateral jaw protrusion.

I've never had any fillers, but have been considering because my previously small lips are rolling under more and are asymmetric. I also hate the lines that are starting to appear above my lips. That is the only spot that is giving away my age.

I was getting botox for migraines for awhile too. I have a migraine now LOL. I do not like the feeling of being so frozen, and my face started looking weird (kind of like Jack Nicholson's eyebrows) so I stopped a few months ago. Also, the botox wasn't really helping as much since I have all my other triggers under control for the most part.

Maybe sometime soon I'll get a little for my forehead, but that is it. Here in NYC the fillers and botox are rampant to the point that people look like cartoons.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I was watching one of the Netflix bling shows, I can't remember the name but it had Russian Anna in it. One of the young men was having his nose threaded. It looked, em, painful, unless he was rolling around groaning for show. The idea was intriguing though, if it's the same type of threading?

My god yes and they had to sedate him for it. Ouch!!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I have terrible migraines. 3 day puking affairs. Often. Does this truly work? Can you give a price if you're comfortable? I just want to live without pain.

Mine was completely covered by medical insurance. Do you know what your triggers are? For me, the weather and barometric pressure changes are a big one. I cannot control that, ever. Another is fluorescent lighting.

I take a lot of supplements that help too. I'm happy to discuss further somewhere else, I have been suffering with this for 20 years.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, the weather and barometric pressure changes are a big one. I cannot control that, ever..

Wow! I’m so relieved to read of another weather-sensitive person. My body reacts so strongly to barometric changes. I have barometers all over the house for validation! :lol: I just give in to it if I am able. I will say, my quick trip to Arizona’s climate did alleviate a lot of my symptoms … be well ❤️

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! I’m so relieved to read of another weather-sensitive person. My body reacts so strongly to barometric changes. I have barometers all over the house for validation! :lol: I just give in to it if I am able. I will say, my quick trip to Arizona’s climate did alleviate a lot of my symptoms … be well ❤️

Me too.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
PastryGirl said:
For me, the weather and barometric pressure changes are a big one. I cannot control that, ever..

What I would call a headache, migraine sufferers would likely not even notice...

Barometric pressure (a low pressure system approaching to replace/affect a current high pressure system) definitely affects me. Since childhood, I will get what I call a pressure headache where it just feels like pressure is building up in my head. When the low pressure system arrives, the headache leaves. I'll notice a couple days ahead of a big system, and it can be as little as a few hours before a minor system.

On topic: Nope, far too cowardly to have Botox (or anything else) injected.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the best of intentions I’ve unintentionally stirred the pot, I feel waves of hostility and I honestly now feel anxious and want to hide. And I’m a grown up (50). Clearly I’m not tough enough for this.

I think your posts have been on the money. And you have a professional perspective that many who do not can and should benefit from. Please continue to speak your mind!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t worry about it, @FornasettiLover . Every time there is some ridiculousness happening in these Hangout threads I just remember we’re on a forum that hinges on an industry rife with ethical issues and no one bats an eye. And your unintentional pot-stirring is practically null and void compared to some members’ tendency to very intentionally come up with shit-stirring posts on a weekly or even daily frequency.

Botox? I'm just looking for some PIE!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I'll try to revive the previous core subject of this discussion, leaving aside the ethics of animal testing (I'm not familiar with the facts) and medical uses (when it's necessary, it's necessary).

I never even imagined people in their 30s used botox. I'm 33. Never crossed my mind. Still doesn't.

I believe there is inherent harm in equating beauty with youth. I don't mean it in the sense that it's wrong for a person to want to look youthful. But I do find it sad that... well, let's be honest, women, especially, are not allowed to feel beautiful and wonderful at the age they're at. Every woman deserves to feel beautiful and confident, whether she's 23, 38, 55 or 70. Growing old doesn't mean becoming ugly, nor should it. In that sense, I fully agree with:

I don’t think getting older and aging is synonymous with unattractive

So no, I don't use botox. I have no medical need for it, and I find it unnecessary for cosmetic purposes. I also don't dye my hair. It's already started to turn grey and I'm excited to witness the process. I have a stylish gray streak on my left side when I put my hair up and I love how it looks.

I haven't done Botox, and I won't be doing it in the future.
I am aging. Things are sagging, and wrinkles are happening. I have no control over this. I have not colored my hair.
goodpost2.gif

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Actually just went in this morning to get my Botox for my clenching issues. I have it done by a dentist I used to work with who primarily does it for TMJ/clenching issues, but will do cosmetic as well per request.

It usually takes 6-7 days to notice it "kicking in", and about 10 days to fully do it's job (for me).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results