shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you get Botox? Why or why not?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in my 30’s and I’ve been noticing almost all my friends are doing this! I’m surprised! Also wondering if I’m missing the boat?

But I’d rather spend the money in jewellery, frankly!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 37 and -many- of my friends (and almost all of my coworkers - I'm a nurse) do botox and filler regularly. I don't think there are any drawbacks besides the cost.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, and no to colouring my hair or other beauty treatment except a monthly hair cut.

I do use serums for brows and eyelashes, that's it!

I prefer being able to use all the muscles on my face.

DK :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I consistently get it to ease my crow's feet and will do my forehead about 2x a year. I don't go for a full freeze. I do not get filler but I do get PDO threads and I'm considering PRP but that comes from your own body.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I consistently get it to ease my crow's feet and will do my forehead about 2x a year. I don't go for a full freeze. I do not get filler but I do get PDO threads and I'm considering PRP but that comes from your own body.

What is PDO and PPR please?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, and no to colouring my hair or other beauty treatment except a monthly hair cut.

I do use serums for brows and eyelashes, that's it!

I prefer being able to use all the muscles on my face.

DK :))

I worry about this (below), too!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is PDO and PPR please?

PDO threads are small surgical threads that are placed under the skin to help build natural collagen overtime. Much more subtle than filler, good in my experience with fine lines and subtle support. They also have much invasive anchoring threads which can actually "lift" skin like a mini face lift. I have not done this and have no desire to at this time. PRP is short for "protein rich plasma", they take a sample of your own blood and spin out the plasma. That is injected under the skin similar to filler. It's from your own body and again builds natural collagen. It is not as instant and filler and usually is done in a series.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

What it does does not matter to me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in my 30’s and I’ve been noticing almost all my friends are doing this! I’m surprised! Also wondering if I’m missing the boat?

Perhaps it's your friends who are missing the boat. :think:

Make friends with values more similar to yours.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m older and yes, I get small increments of botox. I started getting it when I was in my fifties. I get it for lines on my forehead and crows feet around my eyes. The doctor uses either 16 or 18 units total. I do it for no other reason than it makes me feel good. I also get a small amount of filler once a year to keep the corners of my mouth from turning down making it look like I was frowning. I was amazed at the difference it made.

It has not made me a less empathetic person.

@kenny, What does getting botox have to do with a person‘s values?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do get Botox, but it's for my migraines.

Prior to the Botox, which I started around three and a half years ago, I didn't have any eleven lines nor forehead wrinkles, and I still don't at 55.5.

The injections are at different points in my forehead, temples, trapezius (shoulder and neck) and capitis muscles (just above where the skull sticks out in the back of the head).

The Botox does its best work with the shoulders and back of the head, as everything back there is super tense and sensitive.

The injections on my forehead are in the glabella and above the medial portion of my eyebrows. The spread of the botox can actually vary. I've had the sensation of heaviness in my whole forehead, and eyebrows that don't move. Right now my right eyebrow is starting to come back as to Botox is wearing off.

I can see people using it for reducing the eleven lines (frown lines) and to minimize the size of the masseter muscles to reduce lateral jaw protrusion.

I've never had any fillers, but have been considering because my previously small lips are rolling under more and are asymmetric. I also hate the lines that are starting to appear above my lips. That is the only spot that is giving away my age.

B

Betty Baguette

I've read that, because Botox is technically a toxin, EVERY SINGLE BATCH is tested on rabbits. Which means my individual use of it could result in more animal testing.

Since I don't need it for medical reasons (like migraines) I won't use it.

Also, the HIV issue :eek-2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I do get Botox, but it's for my migraines.

Prior to the Botox, which I started around three and a half years ago, I didn't have any eleven lines nor forehead wrinkles, and I still don't at 55.5.

The injections are at different points in my forehead, temples, trapezius (shoulder and neck) and capitis muscles (just above where the skull sticks out in the back of the head).

The Botox does its best work with the shoulders and back of the head, as everything back there is super tense and sensitive.

The injections on my forehead are in the glabella and above the medial portion of my eyebrows. The spread of the botox can actually vary. I've had the sensation of heaviness in my whole forehead, and eyebrows that don't move. Right now my right eyebrow is starting to come back as to Botox is wearing off.

I can see people using it for reducing the eleven lines (frown lines) and to minimize the size of the masseter muscles to reduce lateral jaw protrusion.

I've never had any fillers, but have been considering because my previously small lips are rolling under more and are asymmetric. I also hate the lines that are starting to appear above my lips. That is the only spot that is giving away my age.

I have terrible migraines. 3 day puking affairs. Often. Does this truly work? Can you give a price if you're comfortable? I just want to live without pain.

Poppea

Rough_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What sort of values are you attaching to people that use botox?

Appearance naturally changes as we age.
If you fight it at age 30, what are you going to do at 40?
50?
60?
70?
etc.

Flighting age-related appearance is a losing battle.
I enjoy the victory of accepting my natural appearance in my 40s, 50s, 60s ...
I value that victory over losing feeling just fine about how I look. (and I save a ton of money)

Another value thingie ...
I value stuff that matters more (to me) than struggling to look young forever ... integrity, honesty, authenticity, and good character, good work, and other qualities which are not skin deep and fleeting.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Joni Mitchell' "Sweet Bird"

Out on some borderline
Some mark of in-between
I lay down golden in time
And woke up vanishing
Sweet bird you are
Briefer than a falling star
All these vain promises on beauty jars
Somewhere with your wings on time
You must be laughing
Behind our eyes
Calendars of our lives
Circled with compromise
Sweet bird of time and change
You must be laughing
Up on your feathers laughing

Golden in time
Cities under the sand
Power ideals and beauty
Fading in everyone's hand

Give me some time
I feel like I'm losing mine
Out here on this horizon line
With the earth spinning
And the sky forever rushing
No one knows
They can never get that close
Guesses at most
Guesses based on what each set of time and change is touching

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Joni Mitchell' "Sweet Bird"

Out on some borderline
Some mark of in-between
I lay down golden in time
And woke up vanishing
Sweet bird you are
Briefer than a falling star
All these vain promises on beauty jars
Somewhere with your wings on time
You must be laughing
Behind our eyes
Calendars of our lives
Circled with compromise
Sweet bird of time and change
You must be laughing
Up on your feathers laughing

Golden in time
Cities under the sand
Power ideals and beauty
Fading in everyone's hand

Give me some time
I feel like I'm losing mine
Out here on this horizon line
With the earth spinning
And the sky forever rushing
No one knows
They can never get that close
Guesses at most

Good lord that woman was obscure. Beautiful voice, tho.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t get it…yet. In my 40s, just got my eyebrows microbladed. The woman who did my brows asked me if I’d had Botox because my forehead isn’t wrinkled at all. I do have crows feet and I can tell I’m losing some volume under my eyes, but I’m ok with that. If I start getting pretty noticeable wrinkles I will definitely consider Botox.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
PDO threads are small surgical threads that are placed under the skin to help build natural collagen overtime. Much more subtle than filler, good in my experience with fine lines and subtle support. They also have much invasive anchoring threads which can actually "lift" skin like a mini face lift. I have not done this and have no desire to at this time. PRP is short for "protein rich plasma", they take a sample of your own blood and spin out the plasma. That is injected under the skin similar to filler. It's from your own body and again builds natural collagen. It is not as instant and filler and usually is done in a series.

Wow!! Fancy! I’ve never heard of this stuff- thanks for explaining!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps it's your friends who are missing the boat. :think:

Make friends with values more similar to yours.

Oooo that might be more my style. I’m not sure Botox is for me. I’ll admit I’m vain enough to not want to look like “the old one” though!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
What sort of values are you attaching to people that use botox?

My assumption is some people care about looking youthful and some don’t. And it’s a whole spectrum of how much we care.

Maybe instead of Botox I need to make a few more friends that don’t give a rip about aging showing up on their face. Each path is valid but for me it’s about feeling comfortable and wanting to belong.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I have terrible migraines. 3 day puking affairs. Often. Does this truly work? Can you give a price if you're comfortable? I just want to live without pain.

My sister. I have migraine - lifelong scourge. I had three botox treatments, but they didn't help me, sadly. I am on a newish medication, an infusion once every three months called Vyepti. It works well for me (and others, I hear) for two months, but insurance will only pay for every three, so we struggle for the third. Can you see a neurologist? Mine prescribed first the botox and then Vyepti.

I have a seriously bad reaction to triptans, so I needed another route. Have you tried Imitrex? If it works, I understand it's life-changing.

Best of luck in getting this under control.

Poppea

Rough_Rock
Appearance naturally changes as we age.
If you fight it at age 30, what are you going to do at 40?
50?
60?
70?
etc.

Flighting age-related appearance is a losing battle.
I enjoy the victory of accepting my natural appearance in my 40s, 50s, 60s ...
I value that victory over losing feeling just fine about how I look. (and I save a ton of money)

Another value thingie ...
I value stuff that matters more (to me) than struggling to look young forever ... integrity, honesty, authenticity, and good character, good work, and other qualities which are not skin deep and fleeting.

So are people that use facial lotions, make up hair dye, also without integrity, honesty, inauthentic and of not good character?

You statement seems to be wildly judgmental as well as misconnected. How is keeping yourself youthful showing a lack of integrity or honesty? How is ones god character tied to showing your age? Unless you equating people to goods for sale it make no sense.

A person that dyes their hair and gets botox is not the same as a bakery offering stale bread as fresh.

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
It’s not permanent! I did it in my late 30s into my late 40s. My autistic spectrum daughter thought I was always angry, since I genetically have the 2 -scrunch lines between my eyebrows. So it helped that, but my husband hated me doing it, so I eventually quit.

A little vanity is not a bad thing! Aging is not for sissies…we have to face our mortality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results