shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Feel Pressure to Wear Makeup?

naivemelody

Rough_Rock
@naivemelody I am traipsing around Generalife (they make it oh so nice to 'traipse'! - www ) with pearls (not what you-d think of) working on some academic papers that I already have by & large figured out, so writing is just pure stress! I might have thought that a diamond should be there, at the end of this charade... - the cuts in the Canning, backed slabs and points, would be very right for me .)

___

But that Jewel...
- what else would a Borgia gift to the Mughal court! I might immagine the nerve it took to propose the design - like some such is still done: a thesis in foreign affairs... I might recall merely natural blister pearls of similar size to that enormous baroque; Things you got me thinking & writing about! - see this: WWW

Of course I am complaining all the time about choosing gifts this time of the year! - NOTHING THAT HARD TO DO - FORSHAME, yet o_O

Well that sounds beautiful! There's nothing like performance art in a setting that's seen so much history - out here we have to make do with imitations. Or a jewel that's seen so much history, like the Canning... as if its Renaissance origin weren't enough, the 19th century drama reminds me of one of my favorite books, Patrick O'Brian's series set in the Napoleonic era, including a character named Canning... art inspires art? Also a legendary blue diamond in those books.

Pricescope blasphemy, but I've enjoyed picking a few Aliexpress knockoffs to gift my mom this year. Would rather rely on baked goods though!

Reactions: AV_

Falanin

Rough_Rock
Recently I discovered eye pencils that I've had SINCE COLLEGE in an old box. At first I was excited to see an old Estee Lauder favorite but then realized I should probably toss out the whole box (and did).:lol:

haha, I had the similar story with eyeshadows:mrgreen2:
since college, due to the hard study period (sometimes even great online helpers such as this website didn't rescue me), I wear makeup just for events, parties etc or if I have an inspiration for blending and painting myself:lol-2: because it's not a necessity for me, it's a ritual or mediation

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I definitely feel pressure from myself to wear makeup when I leave the house. My mom gave me blue eyeshadow, mascara and pink lipstick to wear on my first day of 6th grade when I was starting a new school. It was the 80’s and powdery blue eyeshadow and frosty pink lipstick were the trend if you are wondering about that, lol. My sweet momma always wears makeup and meant well, but no one my age was wearing makeup, so it was noticed and did make me feel uncomfortable at the time. I guess you could say that it has been ingrained in me that I should wear makeup when I’m out and about. I would rather skip it, but do feel self conscious when I have tried to.
I mostly work from home and don’t wear makeup if I’m working at home, but when I leave the house it’s foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I’m too fair to look good with the too much color on, so it’s all subtle earthy tones and most people probably don’t even know I went to all of the trouble to get made up.
It’s very inspiring to hear so many of you skip makeup! I just might have to try it. Lately I have thought of the wasted hours I have spent putting on makeup and would really like to do away with it!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel pressure from myself as well. My fiancé doesn't mind. I feel scruffier without, more professional and presentable with. I remember wearing makeup to look older, and now I'm trying to retain my youth now I'm 40. My main issues are hooded eyes and visible pores on my cheeks, I don't have many wrinkles (yet). I do feel like wearing makeup a lot since I was 13, along with having a skin care routine has helped to protect my skin.

I wear quite natural makeup most days, I wear foundation, enhance my brows, I wear neutral eye makeup, eyeliner with a bit of a cat eye, mascara and blusher. I don't wear lipstick unless going out. I also contour a bit more and use highlighter. I've always worn makeup to work. When I was younger (teens to early 20s) I wouldn't even leave the house without it but I can go to the shops etc barefaced now. I stay barefaced at the weekend apart from going out to dinner.

I considered having semi-permanent makeup and my eyebrows microbladed, my DF says I don't need it. And its an unnecessary expense. My brow kit costs £3 and lasts about a year.
I know when I'm having an anxiety episode it makes me feel better to put a full face of makeup on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results