shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you feel heavier than you weigh?

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm 5'4", generally a size 0 dress size and XS top. When I'm on pms I am 113 lbs - when not I sway between 108 and 110. I always feel 'not slim'...not chubby but not skinny either. Do you feel your weight? I feel like my stats should make me feel 100% secure in my body but in reality I'm constantly feeling guilty if I ever eat sweets or junk food. I hate feeling this way and worry whether I should be looking into fixing my thoughts on this, and whether its a form of eating disorder.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 5'4" and weigh 135 lbs. Dress size 4 or 6, depending on the brand, cut, etc. I don't self-identify as fat or thin. I feel like I look really normal. I'm healthy, because I do a significant workout 3 days a week, but I also eat and drink whatever I like and enjoy it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
yorkgirl|1420235469|3811041 said:
I'm 5'4", generally a size 0 dress size and XS top. When I'm on pms I am 113 lbs - when not I sway between 108 and 110. I always feel 'not slim'...not chubby but not skinny either. Do you feel your weight? I feel like my stats should make me feel 100% secure in my body but in reality I'm constantly feeling guilty if I ever eat sweets or junk food. I hate feeling this way and worry whether I should be looking into fixing my thoughts on this, and whether its a form of eating disorder.

Do you exercise? Do you eat healthy? If you're not working out and/or eating right, then your stats don't mean a whole lot. Being fit/slim/in shape is not necessarily about your weight and/or what size clothing you wear, it's how healthy you are. I've seen thin people who are not necessarily in shape (they lack the muscle tone that comes from working out). For what it's worth, your thoughts are probably pretty normal - lots of women have lingering doubts about their body image.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I never ever allow myself to feel guilty when I am eating something 'bad' but that's just me. I like everything in moderation. If I catch myself consistently eating garbage, I feel guilty and revert back to moderation. I am comfortable with my weight though so maybe that is influencing me a lot. I don't think I'm fat nor thin. I feel 'normal' and 'average.'

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeah, sure because everyone in my family has always bugged me about my weight; I was either too skinny or too fat, that makes you insecure and it is a problem with your self-confidence. You are thin, you should never feel this way, please make sure that you are looking at a realistic picture of yourself, only saying this as my sister has a problem with this, not quite anorexia but she has your stats only she may be 105 pounds right now but she looks like a twelve year old child. Of course this can depend on boning too but you should not feel this way.

Ok, when I was skinny I was around 115 and I am exactly your height too. You could see all my ribs and a lot. I was too skinny for myself, I also have curves and this was not normal for me. Now I am 132 and everyone in my family is bugging me that I need to lose weight not in a nice way. Noone else thinks so. I realize that I could lose 5 pounds but honestly then I would be about perfect for myself. What is perfect though and why does it matter, why should it matter? Like you when I was 115 I always worried, now I do not worry so much and yes I am dieting a bit right now because I would like to lose a bit but honestly I like myself the way I am and love to eat and do not feel guilty. I also exercise. Now I could have heavy bones but not sure as they look very slim, especially my legs, they never gain weight.:)))

Please be happy with yourself, I am absolutely sure that you do not look heavier, if there are certain areas of your body where you could use help, then exercise and that will do it. You are certainly not fat.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, you're a woman. I've never met a woman who was happy with their weight. They always find a "perceived" flaw.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 5'3" and my scale needs new batteries so I can't give you my weight but probably between 115-120 right now. I'm usually pretty happy with my weight. I was happy with my weight two years ago when I weighed 135, even though I recognized it was the most I'd ever weighed in my life and I was starting to look plump. I was happy with my weight six years ago when I weighed 95, even though I recognized it was the least I'd weighed since middle school and I looked scarily skinny.

I'm just usually pretty content with my body, I guess. *shrug*

There are certainly parts of me I'm dissatisfied with, like I always think my calves could be skinnier (but they never will be - weighing 95 lbs and still having tree-trunk legs showed me that). But I'm certainly not more worried about my legs or a bit of belly fat than I am about, say, whether I'll be able to eat all the cupcakes I bought from the cupcake shop before my husband notices them and steals one. I've definitely had to cut back on junk food in the past several years since I hit the age point where I can't eat 100% junk food all the time, but that didn't stop me from eating a giant bag of bbq lays chips today. I don't feel guilty about it AT ALL. That shizz was delicious. And it rained all day so what ELSE was I going to do??

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
I liked hearing your stories and thoughts. Since having two sons (both under 5), no I don't exercise. I miss the feeling of doing so but u barely have time as it is. I eat generally healthy but start eating tons of sweets at Halloween and Christmas time.

I know what you mean about never feeling like its enough. In university I went through an anorexic and bulimic stage where I was barely eating and if I did eat anything junky I'd throw it up. Everyone told me I looked way too skinny but in my mind I still wasn't seeing a significant change in my body.

This is a selfish, first world problem. I have to figure out how to refocus my efforts on healthy, confidence building endeavours rather than just how much I weigh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can honestly say I have no clue what my weight is. The only time I ever know is at the annual physical or at my OB/GYN visit as those are usually the only 2 times I get weighed. Unfortunately I did have more weighing opportunities in 2014 due to some health issues and I was quite underweight (5'6" and 100 lbs at that time) due to my conditions and I know I am definitely up from that weight last spring thankfully! I just don't know how much. All I really care about is I feel good and look good in my clothes IMO and all my clothes still fit. So that's good.

My hard earned advice as I am older than many of you I think...be happy with who you are and not so critical of your appearance. Life is challenging and you should not make it more so if you kwim. If you have confidence and acceptance in who you are the rest will follow. Make peace within yourself and love yourself. Be kind to yourself and others and in life that is really what matters. Not how we look, how much we weigh etc.

Easier said than done and I am not perfect in this regard either believe me. I am struggling right now with a skin condition that makes me look much less than perfect (and hurts a lot too) and I am working hard to accept it and find inner peace. Just sharing my thoughts on this weight issue that so many people have. The numbers on the scale only have the power to make you feel badly about yourself if you let it...please don't let it.

Sending hugs to everyone that is struggling with any issue in life. I wish peace and happiness and health to you all.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy I cannot say about a year ago as I only see you now but you are absolutely gorgeous. Like I said before I would like to look like you in ten years. Yes, you are slim but not skinny like you look sick, your face never suffered either as you have no lines or wrinkles, not sure how you do it? People used to ask me that question and in fact I had quite a following at work with everyone switching to what I was using but again I am only 38 (coming up on 39) and having no lines or wrinkles at this age is, well not so common but at your age? It is extremely rare. Your body looks absolutely great and it shows that you have exercised a lot during your lifetime.

I also think what is normal for one is not normal for others because see my sister is shorter than you and weighes a bit more than you are your skinniest time but she really tortures herself and it shows, she really does not look normal this way although she is full of hard muscles from tons of exercise, perhaps she weighs more because muscle weighs more than fat. So what is normal for you was not great for her, she looked her best around 115 and I look like a skeleton at 115 whereas we are exacly the same height. But like I was saying I have curves too so I have a different body type. That said I have grandma's racehorse legs and she has thick legs, I have a belly which I absolutely hate and she has none but I have no hips and she does. Ok, so who cares, we should love ourselves the way we are and then we will also be a healthy weight most likely. I think stressing too much only makes us either lose more that we should not or gain more that we should not.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the opposite, I'm heavy but I feel thinner than I am.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can one 'feel' heavier than one weighs? :whistle:

When I want to find out what I weigh I get on a scale.
When I want to find out how tall I am I measure myself with a ruler.

If you suspect your scale is not accurate check it against one at a doctor's office which may be of higher quality and/or calibrated to standards traceable to NIST, http://www.nist.gov

I don't understand entertaining the irrational concept of 'feeling' differently from what a scale indicates.

I try not to entertain imaginary ideas.
What's real is enough for me, even when I don't like what's real.
Science.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
yorkgirl|1420294191|3811271 said:
I liked hearing your stories and thoughts. Since having two sons (both under 5), no I don't exercise. I miss the feeling of doing so but u barely have time as it is. I eat generally healthy but start eating tons of sweets at Halloween and Christmas time.

I know what you mean about never feeling like its enough. In university I went through an anorexic and bulimic stage where I was barely eating and if I did eat anything junky I'd throw it up. Everyone told me I looked way too skinny but in my mind I still wasn't seeing a significant change in my body.

This is a selfish, first world problem. I have to figure out how to refocus my efforts on healthy, confidence building endeavours rather than just how much I weigh.

I have young kids (all elementary school age and only about a year and a half apart in age) and make time to exercise no matter what. I always have. I worked out routinely before, during, and almost immediately following pregnancy (starting out with walking and working my way back up to jogging & lifting weights). According to BMI/charts, I should weigh quite a bit more than I actually do, but since I've weighed the same pretty much my entire adult life (I'm now in my 40's), I don't worry about what I "should" weigh - I focus on the weight that I feel/look comfortable with.
Do you have a scale? I might start by throwing it out if you do. It sounds like you focus on specific numbers. I don't own a scale - never have. I know my weight based on how my clothes fit. You also need to start working out. It's not just good for you physically, but it does wonders for your emotional state too (especially in terms of your body image/self-confidence).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1420312924|3811380 said:

If you suspect your scale is not accurate check it against one at a doctor's office which may be of higher quality and/or calibrated to standards traceable to NIST, http://www.nist.gov

I don't understand entertaining the irrational concept of 'feeling' differently from what a scale indicates.

Science.

Kenny, It most definately is a woman thing. I wish I could explain it but it really doesn't make sense when I try. My husband says exactly the same thing you said above. I have been as low as 82 pounds and still thought I had weight to loss. I was anorexic at the time and what I saw when I looked in the mirror was someone who was heavy and had at least 5 more pounds to lose.

Missy had great advise above. Be happy with yourself and do not be so critical of your appearance. You are so much more than a number on a scale. I wish I would have realized this at a young age. It would have made my life at the time so much happier!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Calliecake|1420316004|3811400 said:
kenny|1420312924|3811380 said:

Science.

Kenny, It most definately is a woman thing. I wish I could explain it but it really doesn't make sense when I try. My husband says exactly the same thing you said above. I have been as low as 82 pounds and still thought I had weight to loss. I was anorexic at the time and what I saw when I looked in the mirror was someone who was heavy and had at least 5 more pounds to lose.

Missy had great advise above. Be happy with yourself and do not be so critical of your appearance. You are so much more than a number on a scale. I wish I would have realized this at a young age. It would have made my life at the time so much happier!

There's actually a medical term for it - body dysmorphia, basically a cognitive disjuncture between perception and reality that manifests in the form of intrusive negative thinking (i.e., a thin person thinking they're fat, a person feeling positive that their nose is so outrageously large that it's all anybody can think about when they see them, etc.).

Yorkgirl, FWIW, I used to feel larger than I was when I was going off of numbers alone ... I'm your height and in fighting trim I'm generally 125 to 135. It went away when I got properly sized and realized that my body type wasn't what I'd thought it was/wanted it to be: I was a huge tomboy and fairly athletic, and I wanted so much to have a boyish, muscular figure (think Evangeline Lilly as Kate in on "Lost"). Well, turned out I'm an exaggerated hourglass, and it doesn't matter how much I bench or deadlift ... I always will be. My personal philosophy now is to try to be the best specimen of my kind that I can be. If I have the kind of short, curvy body that my forebears on the steppes most needed (i.e., the kind that never lets go of a carb, but will happily convert it into muscle given a chance), hey, so be it! No amount of diet and exercise will turn me into a sylph, but I can be a danged good valkyrie.

Think of it like you would think of a fancy-cut diamond: the numbers on an OEC might earn a crap score on the HCA, but it can still be an amazing OEC. Sure, you could put a lot of effort into recutting it ... or you could love it for what it is. I figure my body deserves at least as much leeway as my bling!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you Calliecake.

I think it's not so much a woman thing.
I think ideal body size is a culture thing that women, much more than men, are pressured to conform to.

It's not just culture, it's money, it's big business.
The more they can get women to expect what's nearly impossible for most the more money they make selling them 'solutions'.
You can't make money off a satisfied happy person.
You must create fear and anxiety ... invent a problem, then sell them the solution.

Then there's the third reason, men want women to stay looking a certain way for their male pleasure.

I get all that.
Growing up in the 50s and 60s in the Midwest I also expienced an unrealistic culture thing ... pressure to be straight; it was the only way to be accepted by family, friends, employers etc.
Over time zillions of gays have struggled to appear straight, to our detriment.

What's better than trying the impossible is to drum up the strength to say "Screw social pressure, I accept how I am."
I did that. It was hard.
But now I recognize this crap for what it is, and IMO the solution is in the mind of each person who stands up to it and asserts their right to be who/how/what they are.

There is a lyric in a Bruce Cockburn song, "The trouble with normal is it always gets worse."

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I definitely have "felt heavier than I weigh" - and not because of perception distortion. I weigh 132 lbs +/- 4 pounds and have for a long time. Anywhere in this range I can feel fit and trim, good about my body. This is when I am doing a reasonable amount of exercise (3-4 times a week at the gym plus being generally active) and eating healthily. But there are other times in this exact same weight range that I feel fluffy and heavy. Same weight (which I know exactly because I weigh myself every morning), but I haven't been exercising and eating as well so I'm flabbier. I can feel I'm bigger because my clothing fits tighter, but the scale says I'm at my usual weight. It doesn't feel right, makes me unhappy - I would say that's "feeling heavier" than I weigh even though I know I actually weigh the same.

I'm not qualified to make psychological judgments, but I think this is in the "normal" mental health realm and serves a good purpose. It gets me to exercise and eat better so that I am healthier and therefore happier. I'm with momhappy on this one. If you are around 110 pounds at that height and not feeling slim, ask yourself if diet and lack of exercise is the problem. If it isn't, meaning you are exercising and feel that you are eating well, I think professional help would be very beneficial. Again, not qualified to say, but I just think that's beyond the realm of "normal" and would be concerned about having an eating disorder or unrealistic perceptions robbing you of feeling good about yourself.

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Well I decided to stop being so broody and make some changes - namely taking it easier on the sugar (I've geen polishing off a box of chocolates in a night) and exercising. Yes it's body dysmorphia and I'm sick of being prisoner to it. Thanks for the reality check and I hope you can all make steps in the right direction too!

You all, and my husband, reminded me of a period of time where I wasn't obsessing about my body. I was exercising 2-3 times a week, eating healthy most of the time and unhealthy less of the time, and he had hidden the scale. So that's going out with the trash too. :)

OEC...I like that analogy! I think of the handful of beautiful, smart women that I admire and all of them are above a size 0. Gorgeous OECs, each one of them. Need to start looking at myself with the same lens!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great thread, Kenny your post had a lot of truth to it, among others. Yes, the scale monster. When I weighed 115 and was very skinny for myself and yes I am also an hourglass or at least top heavy but with fine boning , I used to weigh myself several times a day and look in the mirror constantly to see if I had a big belly from eating. This was abnormal and this is the thinnest I have ever been. I stopped worrying, I rarely get on the scale, I know that it will mostly show the same. If I am worried that I gained too much or like now I am dieting a bit, I will occasionally weigh myself but not crazy like I used to wondering if I gained half a pound overnight. Stressing over weight will not help as it releases cortisone which then will make you gain weight. I am not stressing and accepted myself, others prefer me this way mostly but I do look at myself realistically. I realized over the holidays too that I needed to drop about 5 pounds and it was bothering me too , I did not exercise enough when I was too busy and perhaps my diet was not the best, those changes can be made and they are healthy changes. Indeed it is true that when one does not exercise one can feel and look heavier just because of lack of muscle tone, it can definitely not be advantageous to women especially over 30-40. Also, if you are not exercising you actually are heavier at the same weight because as I mentioned muscle weighs more, so if you are all muscled up and toned and weigh the same you are actually skinner as far as your body dimensions go. That may be also why 115 is not the same for everyone, when I was 115 I was exercising daily and all muscular. If I had not and weighed the same that way, I would have looked heavier.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yorkgirl|1420337724|3811535 said:
Well I decided to stop being so broody and make some changes - namely taking it easier on the sugar (I've geen polishing off a box of chocolates in a night) and exercising. Yes it's body dysmorphia and I'm sick of being prisoner to it. Thanks for the reality check and I hope you can all make steps in the right direction too!

You all, and my husband, reminded me of a period of time where I wasn't obsessing about my body. I was exercising 2-3 times a week, eating healthy most of the time and unhealthy less of the time, and he had hidden the scale. So that's going out with the trash too. :)

OEC...I like that analogy! I think of the handful of beautiful, smart women that I admire and all of them are above a size 0. Gorgeous OECs, each one of them. Need to start looking at myself with the same lens!

Hi Yorkgirl! As a former ED sufferer (bulimic with anorexic tendencies--formal diagnosis), I have to say that I wasn't going to chime in until I noticed what I bolded in your last post. The fact that your husband has had to hide the scale from you is a huge indicator that you have had a ED in the past or have one now, in my (unprofessional) opinion.

Please think positive but do seek help. MariaD. made an excellent point about not letting our perceptions ROB us of our happiness in the present. (Hope you don't mind me quoting you, MariaD.!) That touched me, and it's the sort of thought that's gotten me through many times I've wanted to sink back into my own ED. All of your words are familiar. It's definitely time to take care of yourself and get help.

Back to your original question: Do I feel heavier than I weigh? Sometimes. I feel heavier, like you described, on days during the month when I'm sort of bloated and fluctuating UP 3-4 pounds. I have come (after therapy) to learn to anticipate that feeling, expect it, and let it go. The anxiety surrounding it is fleeting, and goes away after time. But after all these years and a lot of therapy, it's still a "thing."

I don't "love" my body now, but I am able to LIKE it, and see it similarly to how others perceive it. I am able to accept compliments now. I am able most of the time to see what others say they see when I receive compliments. That took many years. I have been able and can now point out what I like about my body, if pressed. Therapy was very useful for me in this regard!

I have a daughter now. I was raised by a (wonderful) mother who had really crazy body issues and I think I either sort of inherited those or they just were in my genes (nature vs. nurture?). Mom doesn't take accountability, but I do, for my daughter. I don't ever want my child to think there is anything wrong with her appearance or weight, so I am really watching what I say and do now during her formative years.

I wish you the best. It is awesome that your husband is supportive, but please don't give him the right or power to lock up the scale or anything. That's your responsibility and YOUR choice. You do you, and don't let anyone else (even your husband) dictate your rights or happiness. It's ok to mess up, and it's definitely ok to seek help and have time to yourself to do whatever it takes to help Yorkgirl.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger I had a lot of insecurity about my weight, mostly from family calling me fat so often (it wasn't meant to be emotionally abusive or malicious, just a cultural norm in Chinese families, remarking on your weight is pretty standard).

Then I got to college and joined a martial arts club and started to compete, which included weigh ins regularly since we were divided by weight class in competitions. I got over my weight/scale insecurities really fast, lol. I stopped caring about my exact weight, and cared more about performance and training. On the rare occasion I went over my weight class, I learned it wasn't a personal failing, and my team helped me get in under the line in time. I was proud of what my body could do, not how much it weighed. Also, being around athletes basically chucks your sense of BMI out the window.

Ever since then, I've been 5'4 and a size 4/6 at 150lbs. I get compliments about how I look and so I don't sweat that my BMI technically makes me overweight lol. In fact, I share my weight freely with my female friends when they're feeling self conscious because of a scale number, because I weight more than they do most of the time, lol. And it's empowering for me to be proud of my body, like "yeah, that's right!". Sure, some days are "bad" days where I feel like a whale, but when I really think about it, it has less to do with being bloated or weight a little more, and more to do with feeling like I was lazy that day or didn't accomplish anything.

Honestly, feeling good fro me has more to do with my pride in my profession, my personality, and my relationships, none of which are affected my weight. So even if I weighed 250lbs, I'd still be me, my friends would still love me, I"d still rock my job, and be admired among my colleagues lol. And how much I weigh is under my control, it's not a permanent state of being, if it really bothers me that much, I'm sure I could be a size 0 with some extreme measures. But I'd rather be a happy size 6 than a hangry size 0 (because my body would not be happy to get there, lol).

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1420368060|3811610 said:
yorkgirl|1420337724|3811535 said:

Hi Yorkgirl! As a former ED sufferer (bulimic with anorexic tendencies--formal diagnosis), I have to say that I wasn't going to chime in until I noticed what I bolded in your last post. The fact that your husband has had to hide the scale from you is a huge indicator that you have had a ED in the past or have one now, in my (unprofessional) opinion.

Please think positive but do seek help. MariaD. made an excellent point about not letting our perceptions ROB us of our happiness in the present. (Hope you don't mind me quoting you, MariaD.!) That touched me, and it's the sort of thought that's gotten me through many times I've wanted to sink back into my own ED. All of your words are familiar. It's definitely time to take care of yourself and get help.

Back to your original question: Do I feel heavier than I weigh? Sometimes. I feel heavier, like you described, on days during the month when I'm sort of bloated and fluctuating UP 3-4 pounds. I have come (after therapy) to learn to anticipate that feeling, expect it, and let it go. The anxiety surrounding it is fleeting, and goes away after time. But after all these years and a lot of therapy, it's still a "thing."

I don't "love" my body now, but I am able to LIKE it, and see it similarly to how others perceive it. I am able to accept compliments now. I am able most of the time to see what others say they see when I receive compliments. That took many years. I have been able and can now point out what I like about my body, if pressed. Therapy was very useful for me in this regard!

I have a daughter now. I was raised by a (wonderful) mother who had really crazy body issues and I think I either sort of inherited those or they just were in my genes (nature vs. nurture?). Mom doesn't take accountability, but I do, for my daughter. I don't ever want my child to think there is anything wrong with her appearance or weight, so I am really watching what I say and do now during her formative years.

I wish you the best. It is awesome that your husband is supportive, but please don't give him the right or power to lock up the scale or anything. That's your responsibility and YOUR choice. You do you, and don't let anyone else (even your husband) dictate your rights or happiness. It's ok to mess up, and it's definitely ok to seek help and have time to yourself to do whatever it takes to help Yorkgirl.[/quote

While the bolded part about the scale might perhaps be an indicator of an ED, the real indicator is when OP herself said in a previous post that she was anorexic & bulimic during college…
If OP said that she was engaging in those behaviors again then I could see how professional help might be warranted, but negative thoughts about body image alone are quite common and it sounds like OP is ready to make some positive changes. Of course, I'm not a doctor, so OP should do as she sees fit:)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why my previous post didn't show where the last quote ended and where my post began, but hopefully people can scroll above to see who posted what.
Anyway, I would bet that many women are just a doctor visit away from a formal ED diagnosis. I have gone through periods of anorexia and bulimia (when I was younger), but never went to a doctor for help and I know lots of women who share the same experience. I'm sure that many of those women could benefit from professional help of one form or another, but I think that there are also a lot of circumstances in which professional help is not necessary for change. I'm certainly not trying to minimize the severity and/or seriousness of eating disorders, but disordered eating, disordered thought patterns about eating, etc. are quite common and many women experience various forms of them at different times in their lives. Some of us can recognize them and overcome them in ways that allow us to move forward in our lives, while others may not be so lucky and require professional help. It sounds to me like OP has recognized that she's had issues with an ED in the past and that she has current feelings of negativity in relation to her body image. It also sounds like she's willing to make some changes to improve those thoughts. I wish you luck OP - keep us posted on your progress =)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1420410334|3811775 said:
Anyway, I would bet that many women are just a doctor visit away from a formal ED diagnosis.

WOMEN get ED too?
Is there a Viagra for gals?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^ :lol:
Guess we need to clarify - I forgot ED could mean eating disorder or erectile dysfunction…. In this case, I was referring to eating disorder ;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1420412192|3811785 said:
^ :lol:
Guess we need to clarify - I forgot ED could mean eating disorder or erectile dysfunction…. In this case, I was referring to eating disorder ;-)

That was hard for me to see.
I guess I'm getting soft. :oops:

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Lol to the last few posts. Appreciate all of your tough love. My husband didn't literally lock away the scale, we both agreed to have him put it away. It wasn't me kicking and screaming. Yes I did have an ED before - and tendencies now. The past two days have been great - eating fruit rather than sugary sweets has already made me less moody and more clear headed. My husband and I are doing some exercises every night while the boys watch and play around us, and my body feels alive again. I think this was a wake up call to start looking after myself.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's great, yorkgirl! It's amazing how a few small changes can make a big difference. Keep up the good work :clap:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are feeling better now.

It's a mind thing, for sure. I am 5'3" and had never been over 120lbs, aside from the two pregnancies. I used to always feel huge next to other Asian girls growing up. Now I am mostly happy with my body. I am like "hey, I look pretty good after having two kids". LOL. I don't feel bad for eating junk foods. I eat everything in moderation. So I just scale back when I am feeling like I am gaining. I feel like I have a healthy relationship with foods, and I think that's very important.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sort of the opposite. I know I am not thin, but when I look in the mirror I don't look that fat. And then I see photos, and I'm mortified.

For reference, I am 5'8 and 180 lbs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results