shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever have days....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Colored Stones IS a much lighter place to hang out! When I first posted to this thread I thought I WAS in Colored Stones. When I realized where I was, I had kinda an "oh, crap!" moment thinking I was going to get blasted. Okay, we DID get blasted, but on account of posts in a forum I had no idea even existed until today. Is it bad to feel relief at that?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
All the time. And I just don''t.

Date: 9/10/2008 3:12:13 PM
Author: Upgradable
One of the questions that makes me bite my lip so hard it bleeds is....

~Is this too gaudy? YES!!!!!

Also, is this tacky? Honey, if you have to ask...

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:18:04 PM
Colored Stones IS a much lighter place to hang out! When I first posted to this thread I thought I WAS in Colored Stones. When I realized where I was, I had kinda an ''oh, crap!'' moment thinking I was going to get blasted. Okay, we DID get blasted, but on account of posts in a forum I had no idea even existed until today. Is it bad to feel relief at that?
hehe, I post in random places sometimes to. We didn''t get blasted really...not everyone has evil minds like me and Deco. *grins*
11.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:19:52 PM
Author: mercoledi
All the time. And I just don''t.

Date: 9/10/2008 3:12:13 PM
One of the questions that makes me bite my lip so hard it bleeds is....

~Is this too gaudy? YES!!!!!

Also, is this tacky? Honey, if you have to ask...
HAHAHAH you are so funny.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:16:08 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Your shoe is back to blue...project???
No, sadly. I just figured I should go back to the default for a while. Looking for an ering stone has totally worn me out from jewelry projects. And I''m lusting after a blue stone that I can''t afford, but so badly want. It''s nowhere near the color of the shoe, but...
39.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:22:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild

No, sadly. I just figured I should go back to the default for a while. Looking for an ering stone has totally worn me out from jewelry projects. And I''m lusting after a blue stone that I can''t afford, but so badly want. It''s nowhere near the color of the shoe, but...
39.gif
Linky?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have a sense of humour and like to have a laugh. I just worry that threads like these might make people feel that their posts aren't being taken seriously and people are wishing they could say mean things to them.

I shall shut up now.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:36:22 PM
Author: Linda W
Date: 9/10/2008 1:31:30 PM

Author: ladypirate

I often find myself getting very frustrated on the Around the World threads, but I try not to post in those cases. To quote Thumper from Bambi: If you can''t say somethin'' nice, don''t say nothin'' at all!

There are certain posters on the board who make me
38.gif
with some of their comments, but I feel that calling them out on bad behavior is really no better than them doing it in the first place. Besides, it''s not like it will make them change. One thing I''ve been trying to focus on lately is the idea that you can''t control anyone but yourself. As much as sometimes I''d like to.
9.gif

LP, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Linda

Mine too-I totally agree.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I also occasionally post something that isn''t intended to be nasty, but is taken as being nasty and I have to remind my self that I don''t actually know any of you, and that you don''t actually know me, so I can''t assume anything. Ever. It gets tough trying to communicate like this!

There are days that I just browse through everything thinking "Another f*ing _______?!!? Seriously?!?!" Those days I turn the computer off.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:31:58 PM
Author: Maisie
I do have a sense of humour and like to have a laugh. I just worry that threads like these might make people feel that their posts aren''t being taken seriously and people are wishing they could say mean things to them. I shall shut up now.
1.gif

Nah, everyone knows someone that they just
23.gif
"really?" So everyone can relate, that is the beauty of our species...we can express ourselves and don''t have to agree.

luckystar112 posted this....

1. Think before you post
2. Ask yourself if what you consider "witty" may be offensive to someone else
3. Stick to the topics at hand
4. Don''t think everyone who disagrees with you is out to get you
5. Avoid phrases such as "Oh please!" and scoffing at others opinions
6. Learn to let it go
7. Take a break if you start to get heated
8. Own up to your own attitude and posts.
9. Be respectful to other members, who are all from different walks of life and are entitled to their opinions
10. Remember that there are way more lurkers than there are posters

1- That was my whole point, I do think before I post and wanted to post my moody day bitchiness today for a laugh
2- No wit of my behalf, just good ole fashioned beeatch here
3- done so
4- Never
5- If, "oh please" is one of the things you have thought about saying, you can say it here
28.gif

6- AMEN
7- Agreed
8- Done
9- Granted
10- They should come out and play
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:34:21 PM
Author: bee*

38.gif
with some of their comments, but I feel that calling them out on bad behavior is really no better than them doing it in the first place. Besides, it''s not like it will make them change. One thing I''ve been trying to focus on lately is the idea that you can''t control anyone but yourself. As much as sometimes I''d like to.
9.gif
Linda

I agree. I have a policy when someone says something I find mean or offensive I generally ignore it and pretend they didnt even speak. Giving such people too much attention is just reinforcing their behavior.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:41:07 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 9/10/2008 4:34:21 PM
Author: bee*

38.gif
with some of their comments, but I feel that calling them out on bad behavior is really no better than them doing it in the first place. Besides, it's not like it will make them change. One thing I've been trying to focus on lately is the idea that you can't control anyone but yourself. As much as sometimes I'd like to.
9.gif
Linda

I agree. I have a policy when someone says something I find mean or offensive I generally ignore it and pretend they didnt even speak. Giving such people too much attention is just reinforcing their behavior.
Do you find sometimes when you use this tactic the poster posts again, and again until you acknowledge them? This cracks me up, I feel like saying "oh, you really don't wanna go there".... lmao
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just worry that threads like these might make people feel that their posts aren''t being taken seriously and people are wishing they could say mean things to them.
Following your logic ... in order to comfortably post here one has to believe that EVERYONE thinks their issues are of upmost importance & couldn''t possibly be considered in any negative way at all. Are internet posters really that timid or fragile or naive?

IMHO threads like this offer a glimpse into what people are *actually* thinking. And the types of attitudes one should prepare themselves for if they choose to post about their lives/problems/issues online.

Ya have to pay to play, they say. And there''s hardly a nicer place to play than Pricescope.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:23:40 PM
39.gif
Linky?
To which? The ering stone or the blue stone I''m lusting after?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:53:17 PM

Date: 9/10/2008 4:23:40 PM

39.gif
Linky?
To which? The ering stone or the blue stone I''m lusting after?
UMMM...BOTH!!!!!
28.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:43:53 PM

Do you find sometimes when you use this tactic the poster posts again, and again until you acknowledge them? This cracks me up, I feel like saying 'oh, you really don't wanna go there'.... lmao
9.gif
Ha! Well the problem is that there are always other posters who are happy to respond and then it turns into a pie fight!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:43:53 PM

Do you find sometimes when you use this tactic the poster posts again, and again until you acknowledge them? This cracks me up, I feel like saying ''oh, you really don''t wanna go there''.... lmao
9.gif
We call that "deadzoning" on another board I belong to. I''m frequently deadzoned!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:54:54 PM
UMMM...BOTH!!!!!
28.gif
Well...the ering stone hasn''t been unveiled yet-I want to make sure it''s THE ONE before I reveal all, but you can find the two finalists here: Page 16 of \"Desperately Seeking Spinel\"
As for the other, it was custom cut for me, so I don''t have a link, although I do have a picture. I need to figure out how much a Vegas trip is going to cost me first before I pass on it or buy it...

Don''t kick me!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I said, "I''m frequently deadzoned!"

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Some people are sensitive about the pie!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:59:50 PM
I said, ''I''m frequently deadzoned!''
AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA
1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:52:53 PM
Author: decodelighted

I just worry that threads like these might make people feel that their posts aren''t being taken seriously and people are wishing they could say mean things to them.
Following your logic ... in order to comfortably post here one has to believe that EVERYONE thinks their issues are of upmost importance & couldn''t possibly be considered in any negative way at all. Are internet posters really that timid or fragile or naive?

IMHO threads like this offer a glimpse into what people are *actually* thinking. And the types of attitudes one should prepare themselves for if they choose to post about their lives/problems/issues online.

Ya have to pay to play, they say. And there''s hardly a nicer place to play than Pricescope.
853597ayjb2rhwhy.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I for one find this thread hilarious
16.gif
. I also want to say that my comment about the around the world thread was not meant to offend anyone. If anything I should be offended that I find myself too dumb to post there
4.gif

I would love to be able to use this more often:

1237387oyy519k20r.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 5:04:10 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I for one find this thread hilarious
16.gif
. I also want to say that my comment about the around the world thread was not meant to offend anyone. If anything I should be offended that I find myself too dumb to post there
4.gif

I would love to be able to use this more often:

1237387oyy519k20r.gif
DITTO!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don''t believe that everyone is going to have the same opinion. I am definitely not that naive. I just wonder who we are to judge what is a valid enough post to respond to with respect. If its worrying someone enough to start a thread we shouldn''t look down on them. We should offer kind support and genuine advice. Even if we think the person is mad or being silly. If its important them it should be respected.

Someone might think their mother in law being nasty is the worst thing in the world to them. Or the woman who has another child with a bad husband .... maybe to her he is better than being alone. We all have different needs and levels of acceptance of situations. I believe that if someone is upset at something we should respect that and not treat them badly.

I think we should offer honest opinon though. I don''t think we should all be ''yes'' men. That wouldn''t work. If someone needs a reality check then thats what they should have. But it should be said in a way that doesn''t feel like a personal attack.

I do sometimes cringe when I read some posts on here. They are far and few between, and usually by the same few people.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

34.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 5:06:36 PM
I think we should offer honest opinon though. I don''t think we should all be ''yes'' men. That wouldn''t work. If someone needs a reality check then thats what they should have. But it should be said in a way that doesn''t feel like a personal attack.

I do sometimes cringe when I read some posts on here. They are far and few between, and usually by the same few people.
DITTO!!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
walklikeanegyptian.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 5:06:36 PM

I don''t believe that everyone is going to have the same opinion. I am definitely not that naive. I just wonder who we are to judge what is a valid enough post to respond to with respect. If its worrying someone enough to start a thread we shouldn''t look down on them. We should offer kind support and genuine advice. Even if we think the person is mad or being silly. If its important them it should be respected.

Someone might think their mother in law being nasty is the worst thing in the world to them. Or the woman who has another child with a bad husband .... maybe to her he is better than being alone. We all have different needs and levels of acceptance of situations. I believe that if someone is upset at something we should respect that and not treat them badly.

One thing I''ve learned about PS is that we are definitely not "yes" men. And I think that IWPO''s point is exactly what you said: people should give a reality check in a way that doesn''t offend.

The point of this thread was just to have a collection of funny little sayings you sometimes feel like saying when you''re in a crappy mood but that you don''t cause you know you shouldn''t. IWPO even said that when she has those days, she doesn''t reply often and people have echoed that.

I also think we are all smart enough to know when someone is genuinely upset over something and they need solid advice or when someone is just being a big baby and needs a reality check. In those cases when someone is being a big baby, you want to say some of the things we''ve mentioned here but you don''t. We''re definitely not saying that in all posts where someone is upset, that''s what we want to say. We''re not cold hearted monsters.

At least I''m not.

All the time
27.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahah!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results