shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever have days....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 2:26:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
You guys are hilarious... I really dislike much of the Around The World thread too, caustic caustic poison. I am so sure its Skippy who is the assassin..
11.gif
you know, we all know she has a alternate personality..
31.gif
I made the mistake of saying something once in there... and cuz I dotted my T and crossed my I... they ripped my ears off. It was bad. I no likey.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:31:12 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

Date: 9/10/2008 3:25:24 PM
Author: luckystar112
I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I guess I can''t get my head around how this thread is anymore PC than the around the world threads.
33.gif
Sure, there is no direct attacking going on here, but there has already been a post alluding to a fellow-member as an ''assassin'' which may not be ovious to some, but was obvious to me who that person is. Secondly, everyone is always worried about the ''lurkers'' over in ATW. What about the lurkers here? Is this the ''warm,'' ''inviting,'' ''positive'' environment that everyone has been making reference to in ATW? Doubt it.
To each their own, I guess.
5.gif

The difference??? This thread is a bit of fun. ATW is entirely too testing of deeply rooted affliations.
As one of the continuous posters in ATW, I''m not denying that it can get heated or that I haven''t participated in such heat. Or even that it is LESS of an issue than this thread.
I guess I''m just not seeing the "fun" of indirectly insulting the new and old posters, as well as the lurkers, which make up every single forum on this board--not just contained to ATW.

Oh well. Moving on! In the words of some of you, I guess I''ll "lighten up" with my "dumb" opinion and "get over myself" and "quit my whining".
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:37:30 PM
Author: TravelingGal

I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I guess I can''t get my head around how this thread is anymore PC than the around the world threads.
33.gif
Sure, there is no direct attacking going on here, but there has already been a post alluding to a fellow-member as an ''assassin'' which may not be ovious to some, but was obvious to me who that person is. Secondly, everyone is always worried about the ''lurkers'' over in ATW. What about the lurkers here? Is this the ''warm,'' ''inviting,'' ''positive'' environment that everyone has been making reference to in ATW? Doubt it.
5.gif
Nah, not unpopular, and I see your point luckystar and thought the same when I read it. But this thread isn''t as caustic....yet.
Give it time.
17.gif

That said, there was only once that I really, really, really, really, really wanted to post a two-word response to a poster in LIW . . . "Batsh*t Crazy!"

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
33.gif
5.gif
I usually have a very unpopular opinion... so a lot of times I just keep it to myself... I don''t have time to argue every single thought the way I''d like to. I''m curious now... who''s the assassin? That post confused me! What does that even mean?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:41:58 PM

33.gif
5.gif

The difference??? This thread is a bit of fun. ATW is entirely too testing of deeply rooted affliations.
As one of the continuous posters in ATW, I''m not denying that it can get heated or that I haven''t participated in such heat. Or even that it is LESS of an issue than this thread.
I guess I''m just not seeing the ''fun'' of indirectly insulting the new and old posters, as well as the lurkers, which make up every single forum on this board--not just contained to ATW.

Oh well. Moving on! In the words of some of you, I guess I''ll ''lighten up'' with my ''dumb'' opinion and ''get over myself'' and ''quit my whining''.
2.gif
Intrepret how you will, some took this thread to the opposite end of the intended spectrum. If you NEVER have a mean thought pop into your head when reading a post then I congratulate you.

Geez, can''t anyone just have a dang laugh around here anymore? Sheesh.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:47:39 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

33.gif
5.gif
I usually have a very unpopular opinion... so a lot of times I just keep it to myself... I don''t have time to argue every single thought the way I''d like to. I''m curious now... who''s the assassin? That post confused me! What does that even mean?
I don''t know either.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:41:58 PM

I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I guess I can't get my head around how this thread is anymore PC than the around the world threads.
33.gif
Sure, there is no direct attacking going on here, but there has already been a post alluding to a fellow-member as an 'assassin' which may not be ovious to some, but was obvious to me who that person is. Secondly, everyone is always worried about the 'lurkers' over in ATW. What about the lurkers here? Is this the 'warm,' 'inviting,' 'positive' environment that everyone has been making reference to in ATW? Doubt it.
5.gif

As one of the continuous posters in ATW, I'm not denying that it can get heated or that I haven't participated in such heat. Or even that it is LESS of an issue than this thread.
I guess I'm just not seeing the 'fun' of indirectly insulting the new and old posters, as well as the lurkers, which make up every single forum on this board--not just contained to ATW.

Oh well. Moving on! In the words of some of you, I guess I'll 'lighten up' with my 'dumb' opinion and 'get over myself' and 'quit my whining'.
2.gif
Don't sweat it, LuckyStar, I love your (and basically all) of the posts in ATW. I don't mind when things get heated, wouldn't you rather debate with somebody who knows what they are talking about, even if his/her stance is the opposite of yours, rather than debate with somebody who doesn't know, or worse, doesn't care? Sure, you might be debating, but at least they know enough and care enough to be debating with you!

I love reading the ATW threads and even though I read quite a few political articles a day, I've still learned a great deal on those threads, so I hope everybody continues posting!

ETA: Grow a backbone and don't worry about others' opinions!! Hehe, I swear that was a joke! I think you're great!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait ...wait. I thought of another one:

"Shut the bleep up!"

Okay. Maybe it''s not so very original.
25.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even know there was an Around the World forum here, and I''ve been a member since.... when? Well, it''s been a good day. I learned about ATW and that there are little tabby things on my aluminum foil box that keep the roll from falling out. Now, if I could just figure out which direction the toilet paper should roll I can die a complete woman.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha! Too funny. Yes, I have those days. Online and in person. Sometimes I hold back - usually because it''s not worth getting my blood pumping. Other times I let loooooose. My sister calls everyday. And darn near everyday she''s whining about what a SOB her husband is. Now, her husband isn''t the problem. She is! I never hesitate in letting her know that.
9.gif
You''d think once in 10+ years she''d look inward and see that maaaaayyyyybe I have a point...*sigh*

Online it''s s bit of a different world thanks to the magical delete button. I had a doozy of a post all typed up and ready to go in ATW when I had my hubby read it. This
23.gif
look on his face told me I would be better off deleting it.
9.gif
I avoid ATW much of the time, too. The one thing I really do despise is when people go OUT OF THEIR WAY to make someone feel bad - I''m not referring to ATW here, just in general. BAH, I will not tolerate it from my kids, or even my inlaws...It drives me batty. I''m trying, like LP said, to realize that I am only in control of me....Deeeep breath. You can''t force a nasty soul into playing nice.

Anyway, I just try not to post if I am too bothered by the fact that someone clearly took their Moron Pill. AND, if I feel like everyone is a moron...Well, then the problem is probably me!
17.gif

And LOL about Skippy the assasin!!!!! Nah - She''s a solid ray of sunshine!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
33.gif
5.gif
I have to agree with Lucky. I don''t feel like this thread is very nice. It certainly makes me think twice about posting anything just in case everyone is sitting wishing they could say something harsh to me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:54:49 PM
Author: Upgradable
if I could just figure out which direction the toilet paper should roll I can die a complete woman.
The roll should fall AWAY from the wall ... so it doesn''t get contaminated by the p**p-smeared tiles. Or maybe that only happens here in the asylum.
11.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found out that Skippy is the assassin. I need constructive advice and comments on what to do about it.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:54:22 PM
Author: decodelighted

''Shut the bleep up!''

25.gif

How about

"you sound like a crazy stalker"

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:59:00 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I need constructive advice and comments on how to cope with learning that Skippy is the assassin.

Just say no to peer pressure.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:57:24 PM
Author: Maisie

I know I have an unpopular opinion, but I guess I can't get my head around how this thread is anymore PC than the around the world threads.
33.gif
Sure, there is no direct attacking going on here, but there has already been a post alluding to a fellow-member as an 'assassin' which may not be ovious to some, but was obvious to me who that person is. Secondly, everyone is always worried about the 'lurkers' over in ATW. What about the lurkers here? Is this the 'warm,' 'inviting,' 'positive' environment that everyone has been making reference to in ATW? Doubt it.
5.gif
I have to agree with Lucky. I don't feel like this thread is very nice. It certainly makes me think twice about posting anything just in case everyone is sitting wishing they could say something harsh to me.
Yes, we are all sitting wishing we could be mean to Maisie.
11.gif
9.gif

Come on now gorgeous, you are too sweet to be ugly to.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:57:36 PM

Date: 9/10/2008 3:54:49 PM
Author: Upgradable
if I could just figure out which direction the toilet paper should roll I can die a complete woman.
The roll should fall AWAY from the wall ... so it doesn''t get contaminated by the p**p-smeared tiles. Or maybe that only happens here in the asylum.
11.gif
Ew. There''s no p**p on the walls here in my asylum!

And, yes, the loose paper should come over the top of the roll...Not dangle behind - touching the floor and the wall. There ya go Upgradable - you know everything now!
9.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock

33.gif
5.gif
I have to agree with Lucky. I don''t feel like this thread is very nice. It certainly makes me think twice about posting anything just in case everyone is sitting wishing they could say something harsh to me.
i agree with you... but i have already come to the conclusion that i would never post something personal again on here for fear of people think that "i need to get over myself". like what we as individuals feel does not matter.. and that we are "dumb" for verbalizing. i don''t think that this thread is funny at all... and i AM one to take a joke.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Again, just healthy venting.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need constructive advice and comments on how to cope with learning that Skippy is the assassin.

Okay
1.gif
12.gif

1. Toughen UP!
2. Life isn''t fair.
3. Get a grip.
4. Remove the __ from your ___.

and, less helpful with your Skippy conundrum but more a general piece of advice germane to the original thread''s conceit.

5. IF YOU''RE GONNA DISH IT OUT -- LEARN TO TAKE IT!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. I have a tendency to want to post a simple "Can you bleeping read?!" but I restrain myself sometimes.

PS would be a much more colorfully languaged place if I were allowed those two little words. But most of that would be more like, "I f-ing LOVE those shoes!" or something like that.

I seem to want to answer the "Am I overreacting/losing it/etc?" with a huge YES!!!!!

And I have to bite my tongue over in ATW a lot. I like to think of myself as being an open minded person, but sometimes posters take offense when there was none intended or not even alluded to(when reading it in an unbiased manner), but because the person who made the suddenly controversial comment is of a different value system/political party the opposite *side*, they automatically take it as being against them personally. It''s at those points where I just want to run in screaming "CHILL OUT ALREADY!"

But I don''t.

Instead I go to Colored Stones and look at all of the pretties...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Deco, may I add a #6?

6. Lighten up, we''re just joking!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 3:59:06 PM

''Shut the bleep up!''

25.gif
How about

''you sound like a crazy stalker''
Big, full bellied loud laugh from Freke at that one...

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:03:21 PM
Author: cbs102

33.gif
5.gif
i agree with you... but i have already come to the conclusion that i would never post something personal again on here for fear of people think that ''i need to get over myself''. like what we as individuals feel does not matter.. and that we are ''dumb'' for verbalizing. i don''t think that this thread is funny at all... and i AM one to take a joke.
Not all, I usually think that went someone is freaking out about something completely miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Hey Freke long time no talk...glad I could get a rise out of ya deary.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:05:17 PM

Okay
1.gif
12.gif

1. Toughen UP!
2. Life isn''t fair.
3. Get a grip.
4. Remove the __ from your ___.

and, less helpful with your Skippy conundrum but more a general piece of advice germane to the original thread''s conceit.

5. IF YOU''RE GONNA DISH IT OUT -- LEARN TO TAKE IT!
Deco,

Did I ever tell you I really like you?! You get me and mine, ya know?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:09:35 PM
I know! It has been a while. I''ve been lurking a lot, except in Colored Stones. I can''t wait to see your wedding pics m''dear! And I''m so looking forward to hearing about your day!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
''Shut the bleep up!''
25.gif
How about
Okay ... I''m taking this one personally! Just because I covet your silver necklace & hair & freckles & wine & e-ring DOES NOT a crazy stalker make!
31.gif
9.gif

does it?
23.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:12:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 9/10/2008 4:09:35 PM
I know! It has been a while. I''ve been lurking a lot, except in Colored Stones. I can''t wait to see your wedding pics m''dear! And I''m so looking forward to hearing about your day!
Your shoe is back to blue...project???

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 4:13:05 PM

''Shut the bleep up!''
25.gif
How about
Okay ... I''m taking this one personally! Just because I covet your silver necklace & hair & freckles & wine & e-ring DOES NOT a crazy stalker make!
31.gif
9.gif

does it?
23.gif
No no no, I think we should meet up some day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results