shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you eat like you should?

Do you eat like you should?

• 10 Yes. There's nothing I should change.

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 3 5.7%

Votes: 8 15.1%

Votes: 12 22.6%

Votes: 6 11.3%

Votes: 10 18.9%

Votes: 3 5.7%

Votes: 5 9.4%

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 1 No, my diet could not be worse!

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1442352790|3928141 said:
I'm a nutritionist, so I should be a 10, but since I work in an environment where most people average a 2, and obesity is prevalent, I find myself slipping, and eating badly a lot of the time. The saving grace is that I don't have any underlying medical issues, and I exercise 5-6 times a week.

I forgot to say that I gave myself a 5. I usually love healthier foods, pick whole grains over white, pick white meat over red meat, but I love cheese, creamy sauces, and all other fatty stuff. A couple years ago, when I hit 40, I was about 15lbs overweight due to lack of exercise. I went on a low-carb diet to drop the excess lbs, and started to pit the gym again. I am now at my fighting weight, and eating anything I like. I feel like I revamped my metabolism....and I have never been known to skip a meal!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1442516763|3928934 said:
jaysonsmom|1442352790|3928141 said:
I'm a nutritionist, so I should be a 10, but since I work in an environment where most people average a 2, and obesity is prevalent, I find myself slipping, and eating badly a lot of the time. The saving grace is that I don't have any underlying medical issues, and I exercise 5-6 times a week.

I forgot to say that I gave myself a 5. I usually love healthier foods, pick whole grains over white, pick white meat over red meat, but I love cheese, creamy sauces, and all other fatty stuff. A couple years ago, when I hit 40, I was about 15lbs overweight due to lack of exercise. I went on a low-carb diet to drop the excess lbs, and started to pit the gym again. I am now at my fighting weight, and eating anything I like. I feel like I revamped my metabolism....and I have never been known to skip a meal!

You need to get younger.
Send me a million bucks and I'll email you the secret ... from Nigeria. :lol:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:
I think we do pretty well.

I always make lunch to take to work (for my dh too) and it is always healthy so we never eat fast food. We eat plenty of fresh veggies and salads and I am back to my vegan lifestyle though in the summer I am a pescetarian.

I do not eat processed foods (for the most part) and get plenty of exercise. 7 days a week cardio and I also do Pilates and some free weights though not enough of that I know so there is room for improvement. I do love eating though so probably eat too much at times but for the most part I am pleased with how we eat and with our activity level and lifestyle.

Our grocery bill is very high due to all the organic and fresh food and high quality food we eat but it is worth it IMO.

This has NOTHING to do with healthy eating... In fact, it's the exact opposite, but because you're vegan, I wanted to mention one of my favorite new products... Have you tried So Delicious brand cashew milk "ice cream"? It is to die for! Seriously, I think it's even better than dairy ice cream and it's vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1442518188|3928945 said:
missy said:

I always make lunch to take to work (for my dh too) and it is always healthy so we never eat fast food. We eat plenty of fresh veggies and salads and I am back to my vegan lifestyle though in the summer I am a pescetarian.

I do not eat processed foods (for the most part) and get plenty of exercise. 7 days a week cardio and I also do Pilates and some free weights though not enough of that I know so there is room for improvement. I do love eating though so probably eat too much at times but for the most part I am pleased with how we eat and with our activity level and lifestyle.

Our grocery bill is very high due to all the organic and fresh food and high quality food we eat but it is worth it IMO.

This has NOTHING to do with healthy eating... In fact, it's the exact opposite, but because you're vegan, I wanted to mention one of my favorite new products... Have you tried So Delicious brand cashew milk "ice cream"? It is to die for! Seriously, I think it's even better than dairy ice cream and it's vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO.

Oooh Tuffy! Thank you! I think. :cheeky: And I just did a search and there are stores right near me in NYC and at the beach that carry this. OMG Just what I needed hahaha. Not low in calories I see but OMG those flavors (salted caramel cluster and snickerdoodle) sound AMAZING. And no dairy. I can do it! Thank you! :appl:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Oh....pass the So Delicious cashew ice cream!! It is good stuff (Missy you zeroed in on my two favorite flavors btw)!! :love: :love: :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not eat like I should, but I'm trying to make small changes gradually. I am trying to eat more fruit, a balanced meal each evening, cut out the crap, and remember little things like a glass of milk a day and to take my multi-vitamins. Instead of having some chocolate in the evenings, I try to have an apple cut into slices with a tiny bit of sugar and a cup of camomile tea as a treat in place of candy. Today I had a big salad for dinner. Eating healthy doesn't come naturally to me but I know I need to change my ways. I also try to get adequate vitamin D from the sun while I can in the summer and make myself go to bed earlier, as I'm bad about staying up late. I guess a healthy lifestyle doesn't come easy to me. I am glad I never smoked or learned to drink much.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat organic homemade whole grain, high fiber foods 90% of the time. Lots of veggies and fruit. 60 oz of water a day not including my coffee isn't ake. I read labels and try to keep sugar down. When I do eat sugar it has to be my favorite dessert bc otherwise the extra calories aren't worth it. However I have a huge problem with volume. I eat every hour. If I go 2 hours without eating I'm in good shape. There are a couple days in the month where I can eat 3000 calories in a day, easily. I am seldom under 2000 calories a day. I'm 5'2 mind you. There are some desserts that I cannot turn down. When I binge, I go all out. Two dinners.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would starve to death without junk food.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Alistra said:
Oh....pass the So Delicious cashew ice cream!! It is good stuff (Missy you zeroed in on my two favorite flavors btw)!! :love: :love: :love:

I honestly cannot decide which flavor is my favorite! It is darn good stuff! I am usually totally underwhelmed by non-dairy ice cream, but they got this one so right!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1442555405|3929127 said:
I eat organic homemade whole grain, high fiber foods 90% of the time. Lots of veggies and fruit. 60 oz of water a day not including my coffee isn't ake. I read labels and try to keep sugar down. When I do eat sugar it has to be my favorite dessert bc otherwise the extra calories aren't worth it. However I have a huge problem with volume. I eat every hour. If I go 2 hours without eating I'm in good shape. There are a couple days in the month where I can eat 3000 calories in a day, easily. I am seldom under 2000 calories a day. I'm 5'2 mind you. There are some desserts that I cannot turn down. When I binge, I go all out. Two dinners.

LLJsmom, I think we are similar in many ways. I love eating too and volume is something I have a problem with as well haha. I eat often but that is how I feel best. And as long as we are active and eat healthfully for the most part it works.

tuffyluvr said:
Alistra said:

I honestly cannot decide which flavor is my favorite! It is darn good stuff! I am usually totally underwhelmed by non-dairy ice cream, but they got this one so right!

I cannot wait to try this. Alistra, those are the obvious best 2 flavors for sure! I am hoping snicker doodle is peanut butter and caramel. OMG.

Madam Bijoux said:
I would starve to death without junk food.

Hahaha. Love that Madame Bijoux. May I borrow that quote? :bigsmile:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I haven't read the rest of the responses. But to answer the question - about 40% of the time. I KNOW how to eat and be healthy because I did it 3 years ago and lost 34 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Then EQ died, Tinkie had surgery and I just stopped caring about myself. I've since gained 38 pounds. I *try* to eat healthy. I'm a vegetarian (have been for 4.5 years now) but that doesn't mean I eat fruits and vegetables all day every day. I love carbs, unfortunately. And wine. Sigh....

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:
missy said:

Oooh Tuffy! Thank you! I think. :cheeky: And I just did a search and there are stores right near me in NYC and at the beach that carry this. OMG Just what I needed hahaha. Not low in calories I see but OMG those flavors (salted caramel cluster and snickerdoodle) sound AMAZING. And no dairy. I can do it! Thank you! :appl:

Hey missy--I have the most delicious vegan gravy recipe to share... I had a craving for my favorite vegetarian restaurant, which led to me making savory sauce and eating the same thing 4 meals in a row. I put brown rice, black beans and braised kale and top everything with this heavenly concoction:
http://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-tofu-savory-sauce-277729

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1442704521|3929647 said:
I haven't read the rest of the responses. But to answer the question - about 40% of the time. I KNOW how to eat and be healthy because I did it 3 years ago and lost 34 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Then EQ died, Tinkie had surgery and I just stopped caring about myself. I've since gained 38 pounds. I *try* to eat healthy. I'm a vegetarian (have been for 4.5 years now) but that doesn't mean I eat fruits and vegetables all day every day. I love carbs, unfortunately. And wine. Sigh....
Story of my life! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1443152959|3931559 said:
missy said:
missy said:

Hey missy--I have the most delicious vegan gravy recipe to share... I had a craving for my favorite vegetarian restaurant, which led to me making savory sauce and eating the same thing 4 meals in a row. I put brown rice, black beans and braised kale and top everything with this heavenly concoction:
http://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-tofu-savory-sauce-277729

Ooh thank you Tuffy! That looks delicious. Saving it and definitely going to try it. Thank you!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So whassup with 98% of us?
Why is there only one person, 2%, who eats as (s)he should?

We don't care?
The pleasure-endorphins, delivered by unhealthy food, are kicking the butt of reason? Isn't that addict behavior?
Lack of money?
Lack of time?
Laziness?
Addicting ingredients/additives in processed foods?

screen_shot_2015-09-27_at_2.png

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Answering the original question:

Yes, absolutely. And then some.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting poll! :read:

I *think* I eat ok 80% of the time - lean meat, low fat dairy and fruit & veggies. I eat minimal junk/takeaway and I'm trying to be more conscious of suger/carbs as well. Could probably stand to lose about 5kg but I suspect that is more due to long hours at the office and not enough exercise! Yeah I definitely should eat more veggies/salad :oops: but gosh I do love Italian food as a treat...mmm silky pasta.... :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results