shape
carat
color
clarity

Do these w-bands look the same?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think I am getting a shared prong eternity band for my w-band. I was thinking something like this:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Styles/Diamond/Shared-Prong-Eternity-Band_972.htm

All of the shared prong bands I have seen look the same from the side, as is shown in the WF picture. The side has that same bumpy texture. However, I was looking at Bluej442's ring below. Her band is smooth on the side. From what I can tell, both of these rings will look the same from the top. I much prefer the smooth sides but I don't want to go with bead set or channel set. Please advise: Do shared prong bands always have that bumpy sides? Will Bluej442's ring look the same from the top as the WF ring? I want to stick with the distinctive look of seperate round diamonds that shared prong bands provide.

huhh.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Here is another example:

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2121

From above, this band looks different than Bluej442's ring. Am I crazy?

One thing I just realized is that the prongs in the SP ring curve together until they are very close, almost touching. The prongs in Bluej442's ring don't curve together as much.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You are not crazy, I think they will look very similair!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what you mean Mat. When I look at the pic of Bluej442''s ring that is a head on shot of the center diamond, the band looks different to me that the 2 I linked, from WF and SP. Bluej442''s ring almost appears to have an edge (even though it doesn''t) so the outer edge of the ring is smooth rather than rounded where each diamond is.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they will look very close in real life. It''s easy to notice the tiny differences i.e the prong spacing in the magnified pics but on you hand, you probably won''t even see them unless the ring is 6 inches from your face
1.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I think the only real difference is the prongs, I think its custom vs. stock. And the SP ring just has way different prongs than either WF piece.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue''s ring looks like it has more than two prongs - can''t see well enough to tell - but it looks different than a regular shared prong setting. Does it have a shared prong at the top and the bottom of the stones? Maybe that''s the difference.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think I may have discovered my own answer. This picture shows it. The metal on the sides of the diamonds is indented. The metal on the sides of the prongs is higher than the metal on the sides of the diamonds.This accentuates the roundness of the diamonds. When it is all smoothed out, as in Bluej442's ring, you don't get the same rounded look around each diamond (from above).

Not to say anything is wrong with your ring Bluej442, it's gorgous!

gi_DN-1265wb_f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results