shape
carat
color
clarity

Do other ladies here get anniversary bands or upgrades?

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
I was just wondering what ladies here have gotten an anniversary band or upgrade? I know alot of women (at least that I know) throw flack towards anyone who does this. Calling them selfish or materialistic! & I just don't understand why! When my husband proposed to me the ring was sterling silver (because that is what he could afford at the time.) We knew we wanted to get married & didn't want to wait any longer to have my dream ring. We could afford getting our own place & starting a life together, so we did! We always had the intentions on upgrading later on. So after being married over a year & with getting our refund back we decided it was time. After looking long & HARD at many rings, many sites online, many stores I finally decided. I told my husband & he was THRILLED with my decision & it works perfectly for us! Instead of upgrading my engagement ring (which btw I no longer wear but do keep in a box & plan to always keep) get an anniversary band to wear with my plain YG wedding band! I wanted to do this because out of all of the gorgeous e-rings I saw I couldn't pick one that would feel like my e-ring. But I can most certainty see how one could. This just worked better for me & my husband.

So please ladies tell me about your upgrades or anniversary bands! The story doesn't have to be about not being able to afford the size you wanted at the time. Some ladies just want bigger bling later on, no harm in that!!! Share with me & let me know there ARE other ladies out there who do this! & Also let me know what do people think when you tell them or when they see your upgrade or anniversary band!

Also share pictures if you would like, before/after or just upgrade itself!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
others should keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to others' choices to express their love or celebrate a milestone.

forget the women you know and their opinion, they sound bitter and jealous. if your husband and you have planned this anyway, and he's happy to do it for you, then GO FOR IT! heck, i'd probably have to nag and nag and nag, and i still wouldn't feel guilty just because of others' opinions.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When we first got married, we used a ring I already had as my wedding band. Hubby has never bought me a wedding band. Fast forward 10 years, 2 more kids and a whole buncha drama, for our 10-year anniversary I told him I wanted a diamond eternity band. I actually started telling him since right before the 9-year anniversary so come this year he wouldn't be shell shocked, lol. For me, the eternity band to mark the 10-year is kind-of like the wife's metal (of courage, patience, happiness, honor, etc.). We have four children, and my band will have 20 stones. Way in the future, either when I'm gone or the last child turns 21, the ring will be broken up and each of our four children will receive a band with 5 stones in it.

The anniversary is in June, and he's already working with someone on it. :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
on PS you will find PLENTY of anniversary bands and upgrades.

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
So glad you ladies understand!!!!!!!!! I love the the idea of splitting the band up later on for your children! VERY SWEET indeed! :love:

Sparkly_Girl

Rough_Rock
YES!!!! I am currently working on my upgrade... from Husband 1.0 to Husband 2.0, which also means an upgrade of the ering. ;-)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:D

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture (not the greatest) of my wedding band & a picture of the anniversary band (from the seller.)

Its 2mm comfort fit I do believe. And please oh please oh please look over my nasty nails! :sick:

G%20Force%20Video%20Card%202140163054.jpg

& The anniversary band.

ring2_16.jpg

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
Sparkly_Girl|1328210680|3117479 said:
YES!!!! I am currently working on my upgrade... from Husband 1.0 to Husband 2.0, which also means an upgrade of the ering. ;-)
Wow, that is a fabulous upgrade! I hope you post pictures! :appl:

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
madelise|1328209869|3117470 said:
others should keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to others' choices to express their love or celebrate a milestone.

forget the women you know and their opinion, they sound bitter and jealous. if your husband and you have planned this anyway, and he's happy to do it for you, then GO FOR IT! heck, i'd probably have to nag and nag and nag, and i still wouldn't feel guilty just because of others' opinions.
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1328210114|3117474 said:
on PS you will find PLENTY of anniversary bands and upgrades.
Yep- its pretty common around here.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely upgrade, and I love the way you did it. A marriage and life are not about a ring. I got an inadvertent upgrade because my rings were stolen, and it coincided with ~5 years of marriage. We had planned to do so later, but it just happened to work out. He's still planning that we will do so later, but Id like to have a few more years under our belts and be in a better position in life. The person who gave me the most crap about mine was my mom, who felt having a nice ring was a waste of money, and that I should just get a plain and thin diamond band and save the money for later instead of buying a replacement, followed by a frienemy who despite having a much larger and more amazing ring, still gave me crap about 1) "letting" myself get robbed and 2) buying anything other than the same thing I had before.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I have gotten something almost every year :tongue: I won't rehash my story, my back threads tell it all! The gist is that I like bling and hubby obliges. I simply don't talk about bling with my "real life " friends. They do notice my ever changing finger wardrobe ;)) but either just make a joke, or compliment my rings, or don't say anything at all. People all have different ways of spending their disposable income, and we shouldn't judge those choices!

BTW I also wear a diamond band and plain band together. Love the look! It is very "married" to me.

auroraband1.JPG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This would never be the place for names like selfish and materialistic would be jabbed at you.. I think everyone is happy here to see lots of eye candy... and many upgrades and additions happen here.. this is a support group for diamond groupies... Peace...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm actually on my third upgrade. :lol: Pre PS we purchased a three stone with diamond center and saphire sides, I thought it was beautiful until I realized it didn't sparkle. :nono: Then I found PS and we decided to upgrade to a 1 ct solitaire and I absolutly love my diamond, except, now I wish that we had gone larger. Fortunately I have a wonderful DH who doesn't consider my happiness a waste of his money and he is all for it, so we have started the search for the perfect diamond once again. Oddly enough, I still don't have a wedding band either. I could never find one that I really liked so I've never worn one, so I'm sure that will come right after this upgrade.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I have not upgraded my e-ring but I have upgraded my WB. My original WB was 1/2 carat channel set diamonds...not what I wanted but it what was we could afford at the time. We had spent most of our budget on the e-ring and our house. For our five year anniversary/beating thyroid cancer/finishing grad school, I upgraded to an approximately 4ctw princess cut diamond eternity band. I love the sentiment behind my e-ring and I love the stone. I don't think I will ever upgrade it and any future rings will likely be RHR stacking bands or a blingy RHR.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just LOVE a diamond band with a wedding band! You new one is so pretty and I love Dreamer's too! :love:

You have arrived at upgrade land! :bigsmile: We probably have thousands of threads here where people have gotten either a new e-ring, wedding band, or anniversary band! As others have said, some people prefer to spend money on cars or clothes or travel. Nothing wrong with those things, either, as long they can be afforded.

As for me, I started out with a 1 ct. yellow gold solitaire with small diamond band. For our 30th anniversary, I got a new set in platinum with a 1.6 ct. diamond. This week I switched settings and diamonds to a 1.58 ct. I probably will get one more band for our next anniversary, too! Current rings here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-1-58-g-vs1-from-gog-in-vatche-u-113-tiffany-repro.171351/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-1-58-g-vs1-from-gog-in-vatche-u-113-tiffany-repro.171351/[/URL]

Oh, and I don't talk about jewelry with any of my local friends! I actually went to Tiffany's today for fun with a new friend I met on PriceScope!!!!

Sparkly_Girl

Rough_Rock
warmdiamondlove|1328211188|3117488 said:

Do you want pics of the husband upgrade or the erring upgrade? :wink2:

Seriously, my ring is being crafted as we speak by Oscar Heyman & Brothers. The second I get it, I will be posting photos galore. I can't wait!

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
Sparkly_Girl|1328239839|3118002 said:

Seriously, my ring is being crafted as we speak by Oscar Heyman & Brothers. The second I get it, I will be posting photos galore. I can't wait!
OOPS! I read that wrong. :oops: I thought it said upgrading from 1 carat to 2 carat! haha But once you do get the upgrade I would LOOOOVE to see it! :praise: RING that is. :wink2:

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Um...yes and yes! My DH and I got engaged my senior year in college with a 1/2 carat. After 5 years of marriage we purchased a 1.5 carat upgrade. For our seventh anniversary he gifted me an eternity band. Diamonds are my thing--and he is generous.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
I already had a mini upgrade and we aren't even married! When my ring got damaged we decided to check out diamonds and I went from a .90 to a 1.16. Many of the people I know frowned upon it and/or just don't get it. I've always LOVED jewelry so if I or my significant other are okay with it no one else matters. Once I get to 2 cts. I don't think I will upgrade anymore, but that's another 1 to 2 upgrades from now :naughty: At that point I will be happy to have lots of bands, earrings, and RHRs.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you do a search for the word "upgrade" or phrase "anniversary ring" using the search engine on the top right, you'll see that you've come to the right place.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an eternity band I wear on my right hand which was a combination anniversary/Christmas present, and I have (sort of) had an upgrade. Just before diamond prices shot up (whew! just is the nick of time) I had all three average cut diamonds from my engagement ring removed, and replaced with diamonds of the same size, but ideal cut H&As within the same colour range. So sort of a sideways upgrade I guess! I probably wouldn't upgrade my e-ring, but I'm open to all other adiitional future purchases :bigsmile:

EringByBirdCage01.jpg

YGThread 003.jpg

DSC05412.JPG

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like you!!!! :naughty:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1328213424|3117526 said:
Yes. I have gotten something almost every year :tongue: I won't rehash my story, my back threads tell it all! The gist is that I like bling and hubby obliges. I simply don't talk about bling with my "real life " friends. They do notice my ever changing finger wardrobe ;)) but either just make a joke, or compliment my rings, or don't say anything at all. People all have different ways of spending their disposable income, and we shouldn't judge those choices!

BTW I also wear a diamond band and plain band together. Love the look! It is very "married" to me.

I upgraded my 0.5ct half-eternity to a 1ct three-quarters-around eternity within the first two months. I don't think anyone noticed. The first one was always spinning to the blank side - drove me crazy! And I do love my five pointers. Now I wear a spacer most of the time so I can see all that sparkle!
My friends generally don't care about jewelry and those few of my co-workers who do, love my pieces and are very complimentary and only occasionally envious.

I suspect I may have to wait a while for any anniversary bands (since it's not quite my first anniversary yet), but you can be sure I've already picked one out! In the meantime I concentrate on increasing my collection of RHRs!

Upgrade as much as you want and ignore what others say.

DreamerD, I love that aurora band more every time I see it. So drool-worthy! I mean, beautiful and classic and, well, just scrumptious! You have such good taste! :appl:

Sparkly_Girl

Rough_Rock
warmdiamondlove|1328241737|3118026 said:
Sparkly_Girl|1328239839|3118002 said:

OOPS! I read that wrong. :oops: I thought it said upgrading from 1 carat to 2 carat! haha But once you do get the upgrade I would LOOOOVE to see it! :praise: RING that is. :wink2:

Well, honestly, the ring upgrade is even more significant than going from a 1 carat to 2 carat. My first erring was a 1.01 rb with an additional .23 cts channel set in the yellow gold band (4 diamonds on each side of the center stone). My new ering is a 4.03 cushion cut center stone with an additional 1.65 cts in the pave platinum halo and band. Yes, that is a total 5.68 carats. And the fact that it was designed and is being handcrafted by OH is the icing on the cake. Anyway, I am anticipating all sorts of tongue wagging after I get it...

All of that said, while the ring upgrade sounds impressive, the husband upgrade is even moreso. We are getting married next month and I cannot wait!!! :love: :love: :love:

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
My tenth anniversary was around the same time as a significant birthday so I asked for a diamond ring to commemorate both. My engagement ring was/is a family heirloom that was reset years after my wedding in a plain setting. I didn't really get to shop for my engagement ring so I gave my husband some input as to what I would like for this new anniversary/birthday ring. He did a terrific job choosing the stones and the setting and I wear my 4 (x .28) stone ring on my right hand almost daily. We are now approaching our 20th anniversary and another significant birthday for me and I have already begun the makeover campaign for my 4 stone ring. I am hoping to set a sizeable, stunning, sparkly sapphire in the middle of these 4 stones. I am taking my time and shopping around for the sapphire and new setting ideas and when the time comes, I know my husband will happily make it a special and sparkling anniversary/birthday for me.
My point: if you would like an upgrade/new jewellery piece and you can afford it then do it. And be sure to keep us posted every step of the way. :wink2:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I laughed at Sparkly_girls "Husband 1.0 to Husband 2.0" upgrade!!! Yes indeed, please post photos of BOTH - husband to be and the ring!!

I received from DH a 10 stone, YG anniversary band at 11 years (why be predictable and do that at 10 years, right??) and then around our 20th anniversary, I upgraded from my original .33ct marquis solitaire in YG to a 1.06 princess solitaire in platinum. I was great with that ring, until I found Pricescope... then I was hit with a viral infection of DSS (Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome) that was only cured by a further upgrade to a 3 stone ring! Which I just love love love now!!!

If you can afford it, it pleases you, DH is on board and it isn't going to impact negatively any other plans in your world - upgrade away! Enjoy!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::snort:: anniversary bling or upgrade? Why wait for an anniversary?

I won't go into my story(ies)... like Dreamer's they're long and pretty much all archived on here somewhere! But ditto, I like bling, DH obliges. I'm sure lots of people have/are/will judge me, both IRL and on PS, and I'm equally sure that I don't particularly care 8)

That said I don't talk about this hobby with *anyone* IRL other than other PSers! Absolutely noone else cares about the nuances and, well, it's the nuances that make the hobby! And there's just no good way to say "I spend my free time thinking about diamonds" in seriousness ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results