shape
carat
color
clarity

Do it yourself french manicure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting that! I was just looking for something along the lines of easy french manicure and found that avon had discontinued their press type polish. Yoo Hoo, now I can try these instead. Thanks again, you just made my day.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting this. I want to give it a try. Now I just have to find a Wahlgreen''s.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re going to the city Thursday for my next peel, and I told husband we need to stop at Walgreens before we come home-yay!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Neat!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
found the white tips at walgreens (i like to use my own sheer color for french manicures)! i''m excited to try them out but my nails are really short right now so it looks like i''ll have to wait a week or so before i can apply them!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh i must go to walgreens or ulta today! i''d love to see how everyone''s else''s nails turned out
1.gif

grow nails grow!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
These are cool!
I picked some up at Walgreens yesterday... pretty pricey for the colors ($7 each) the white tips were $4 and change.
So I have a silly question... in the online example on the site they show the model putting clear on over, but I didn''t find any clear strips... and silly me thought it came with the white tips...haahaa.
I know I can just use my own clear, but where did the clear strips come from?

I will post pictures once I try these... I also got some of the sheer colors to try.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 8:15:37 PM
Author: poshpepper
These are cool!
I picked some up at Walgreens yesterday... pretty pricey for the colors ($7 each) the white tips were $4 and change.
So I have a silly question... in the online example on the site they show the model putting clear on over, but I didn''t find any clear strips... and silly me thought it came with the white tips...haahaa.
I know I can just use my own clear, but where did the clear strips come from?

I will post pictures once I try these... I also got some of the sheer colors to try.
LOL- I did the same thing. So I guess there is a separate "french manicure" incoco kit but it was not at the Walgreens I went to. I just bought the white tips and put clear topcoat over the top. Turned out pretty good for my first time but I think it takes a little practice and I was bummed if there was any overhang because I had a hard time cutting it off the side of my nail... I need a better tool for cutting it for the next time.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I found them! I didn''t think I would, being in a small-ish town in Canada. They are at Zellers (and 50% off right now!) specifically not in the polish area
29.gif
but on the side of an aisle in the beauty section
1.gif
I also checked Walmart but they didn''t have them, and I heard a rumor that they might have them at London Drugs.

I haven''t tried them out as I have gel nails right now but will post pics when I do!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I use these too and love them! I buy them online at walgreens.com because there aren''t any stores near me.

Here are pics of Incoco French (I don''t remember if this is Fairy Dust or First Love. I think the latter) and color (I forget the name). Ignore the loose diamond, lol, it did NOT come with the nail kit!

FrenchMani0001.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 10:43:54 PM
Author: ericad
Color

I love these! I have been itching to try some, but they just seemed too flimsy to me. I''m glad to know they work, and I think I will trim my nails a bit and buy some this weekend.

BTW, Erica, you have gorgeous hands!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I''ve been waiting for someone to post pics - Erica, they look fabulous!! I was able to find them at my Walgreens, and I just got the French tips; I''ll use my own clear coat that I love - lasts for a really long time. The Incoco website says Ulta carries them, but not at the one I went to, FYI. I need to wait a week for my nails to grow out, but I''m excited to try them.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so jealous that you all are able to get those! Our Walgreens is being built, but the website won''t ship out of the continental US. I might have to wait until I go on vacation to get some, I can''t wait!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Seems really cool. I''ll have to check em out tomorrow at Walgreens.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 10:43:07 PM
Author: ericad
Oops, that was too small
Very pretty.

I did mine today... really quickly and they did not come out perfectly. I bought the white tips and the sheer color (next time I will use my own sheer polish since the sheer from Incoco is $7)

incoco.mani.poshie.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
They do look beautiful though! I should have been more specific that there are tips without the sheer cover, and then there are french sets that include both the tips and the color!

Please keep posting pictures.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also, after you do the mani, put a layer of topcoat over it, and reapply topcoat every 2-3 days. This will keep them lasting FOREVER! I could have easily gone 2 weeks, though my nails grow fast so the new growth got to looking kind of blech. Plus, I don''t have the attention span to keep the same polish on for more than 7-10 days, lol.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
poshpepper, you said they didn''t come out perfectly, but they look look perfect to me!! Did you have to use the white tips that were the exact width of your nails? I picked up the package with just the tips, and most of them are too wide for my nails.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Too wide is okay. All you have to do is take the little file and run it down the sides of the nail. It will cut off the extra just like it does on the end.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I found the combo kit, and apparantly lack the coordination needed to do it, LOL! FAIL.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think it turned out wonderfully, Gecko
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Your sweet kitty is very chic, gecko!! I''m starting to think I''ll be all thumbs myself, whenever my nails grow out enough to try it.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 12:26:48 PM
Author: Upgradable
Too wide is okay. All you have to do is take the little file and run it down the sides of the nail. It will cut off the extra just like it does on the end.
Good to know, Upgradable, thanks!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
bumping so Whitby can see my hillbilly manicure!
35.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
you crack me up! i can just SEE you sitting at home doing this!! :D

when you come over in december, bring some with you and we''ll do our nails and talk about boys!

(I need ellen to add an emotie of a little round head rolling around on the ground clutching its non-existent tummy!)

seriously - i wanna play toooooo!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 3:37:42 PM
Author: whitby_2773
you crack me up! i can just SEE you sitting at home doing this!! :D

when you come over in december, bring some with you and we''ll do our nails and talk about boys!

(I need ellen to add an emotie of a little round head rolling around on the ground clutching its non-existent tummy!)

seriously - i wanna play toooooo!
25.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 3:50:03 PM
Author: Upgradable
25.gif

don''t you poke your tongue out at me missy, or you''ll get BOTH dogs sleeping on your bed when you come!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results