shape
carat
color
clarity

Do it yourself french manicure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I got turned onto this via another group, but it is definitely worth sharing! Incoco nail appliques. These are nail polish strips that press onto your nails and last about 2 weeks.

I know..... press on nails?? That''s not what these are. They are actual polish that comes in strips instead of liquid. First you place the white "french" tip over the ends of your nails and then rub them until they''re fully adhered. Then you take the transparent nail bed polish strip, place it over your nail from the cuticle all the way to the end of your nail, covering the french tip. You rub it until it''s adhered. You then use an orange stick around your cuticles to "trim" any excess away. You can cover it with clear polish if you''d like, but I put these on last Wednesday and they still look terrific! They''re immediately dry, so no waiting or smudging.

As a budgetary cutback I quit going to the manicurist a couple of years ago, but these look just as good as anything she ever did, and at $5.99 a kit...... Brainless!!

They are only available at Walgreen''s, however. Has anyone else tried these? I''d love to hear!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thought I''d give you a look.

incoconails.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That is really cool! I''m not a french manicure type of girl, but I''d love to get those in different colors. I never paint my nails because they always smudge and I''m so OCD that I have to remove the polish after the smudge. Something like this would be perfect for me.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! I don''t mind actually giving myself the manicure, the problem is that it only ever lasts 2-3 days tops. Then the white starts chipping and cracking.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
They do have solid colors too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome!

I''m completely inept when it comes to manicures, so that would work great for me!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh, I love this idea! I''m so picking some up on payday.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh what a cool idea! I bought this kit that had a white polish pen and then a thing of the light pink polish stuff..but my hands, especially my left are not so adept and it looks stupid. I think I must get myself to a Walgreens and try this out! Thanks for the tip!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Avon used to carry these press-on-polish strips too. Don''t know if they still do, but when I was getting mine, I got them on a 2 for $5 sale. Not sure if they come in frenchie, but lots of solids.

The only trouble I had with them was the sizing of the strips. I have large hands and they were a little on the narrow side for my nails. (I mean I have HUGE hands, so I''m probably the only one with this problem) When I was working with my hands everyday they''d last 3-4 days before chipping, but as a SAHM they last several days as long as I''m careful washing dishes. They do last longer if you put on a clear coat.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
There is a complete video tutorial at their website. I should have watched that before trying my first application!!

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
That is sooo cool! Thanks for sharing! I''m going to try these out ASAP.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very cool, I always buy the one with the strips that you line up and paint the tips yourself, took me forever. This is a neat idea.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I HAVE to get some of those. I just gave up on putting polish on my nails (unless I go get it done) because
it just doesnt last for me. Walgreens here I come!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Very very interesting. The problem I generally have with nail polish is that something in my hair wax melts the stuff, LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool Uppy!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is perfect!!!
I had to stop going to get manicures too, and I tried doing my own and they just did not turn out right. I can''t wait to try these!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:20:57 PM
Author: D&T
very cool, I always buy the one with the strips that you line up and paint the tips yourself, took me forever. This is a neat idea.
Me too! This looks like a much better option.
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please everyone post pictures if you try them, I want to see how easy or difficult they were.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea, your nails look beautiful!
I am always able to make my left hand look pretty good when I give myself a french manicure, but since I am right handed the right hand looks AWFUL!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
There was no shaky, wiggly white line, so waiting between coats, and if I would have watched the video tutorial first they are pretty foolproof!! Oh, and no chipping or wear at the tips yet.

I agree, PLEASE POST PHOTOS!!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Sweet! I am SO trying these...thanks for sharing!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Awwww..... I''m sorry! I''ll send some to you!!

I saw on their website that you can get them at Ulta also. I haven''t checked ours yet. You can order them online too. I''ve also found that the sell just the tips alone. Apparently, once you apply the tips, you then just put a coat of your clear or transparent polish on top.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the ''tip'' (pun intended!)!!

I''ve been doing my own French manicures the last few months and although I have gotten really good at it, it does take FOREVER! I do two coats of white, then 2-3 coats of clear...which is key, the more clear coats, the longer it lasts...I can usually go a week before I have to do another manicure...but I have to plan ahead to be sure I have the TIME to do it! And the white polish gets icky and gloppy pretty fast... This kit sounds like it would save tons of time! How many applications do you get for $5.00, or is that one manicure?

Going to check it out, I need to get some new white/clear now, so I may try this instead!

Thanks again!
35.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It''s just one manicure. Take a look at the website and it is very specific and detailed.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I just read the reviews on the white tip kit, on Walgreen''s site and they are a big hit! I think I''ll look for that tip kit and use my own clear polish as a top coat. Looks like that kit would cover two manicures, if I don''t mess up...it''s worth a try anyway!

Thanks again!
21.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
awesome! i''m gonna give it a try!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Fun! I have to go to Walgreen''s tomorrow, so I''ll take a look and see if my local store has these.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Awww, darn - I just cut my nails 2 days ago. Now I''m going to have to wait a week before I can try this.
39.gif
7.gif
Thanks for posting this, and

people need to post their new manicures!!! No pressure, though.
10.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone can find a source in Canada, please let me know? I looked on ebay and they charge $10 shipping alone. Gah!! I think these are a great idea and I''d love to try it.
40.gif
I haven''t seen these in local stores. Don''t know about Sephora. I am terrible at keeping nice nails and am embarrassed to show my fingers.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/7/2009 2:13:52 AM
Author: lyra
If anyone can find a source in Canada, please let me know? I looked on ebay and they charge $10 shipping alone. Gah!! I think these are a great idea and I''d love to try it.
40.gif
I haven''t seen these in local stores. Don''t know about Sephora. I am terrible at keeping nice nails and am embarrassed to show my fingers.

I''m on the hunt, lyra... I''ll let you know if I find any (in AB).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results