shape
carat
color
clarity

do I recheck this sapphire?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Gary Braun put his sapphire on sale and I bought it. I am a weak woman and can not resist the allure of a dark-blue sapphire.

I did not take many pictures, because that was not my goal. It has some extinction but it does not turn inky at night. It is heated and the prestige report from AGL says, "Additional: clarity enhancement:none".

My question is, in view of this report, to I need to check the stone with GIA for specific Be-treatment or would this report do? This is my first (well, almost first) heated sapphire and I like the color and want to keep it but do not want to make the mistake...

It is 3.54 ct. Elongated, but a decent match to an unheated sapphire from Gary so I think I can make a set from them, a pendant and a ring.

Thank you

sapphireevening1.jpg

sapphireday2.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, Crasru! I don't blame you for not resisting temptation. If it were me, I'd be happy with the AGL report, and be making plans to set that lovely immediately.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you can call AGL and see if they tested for Be-treatment.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous, and no, I wouldn't bother with more reports.

The chances of Be treatment in a blue sapphire from Sri Lanka are slim, Gary bought at source and AGL would have noted if they had seen anything indicative of more than normal heat.

They won't automatically check for Be treatment - it's an expensive and time consuming test, but they would probably have noted any red flags.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1318010046|3035419 said:
I'm sure you can call AGL and see if they tested for Be-treatment.

+1 - If there was some sort of heat treatent, I think AGL would have put that on there. In fact that's what they told me when I sent a sapphire to them not too long ago. Call them Crasru, they are very friendly and helpful.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, dear fellow PS-ers, for your kind words and for your precious advises!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
I echo the advice given. Ask for Chris directly.

The color in the 2nd picture is great! I don't blame you for buying it :)) Congrats!

~Justin

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results