shape
carat
color
clarity

Do GIA reissue Certs if lost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a diamond with a GIA cert. The seller sent the two separately and the report hasn''t arrived - thankfully the diamond has! As I have the report number is it possible to ask GIA to re-issue?

Thanks for your help.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 11:30:00 AM
Author:LovingDiamonds
I recently bought a diamond with a GIA cert. The seller sent the two separately and the report hasn't arrived - thankfully the diamond has! As I have the report number is it possible to ask GIA to re-issue?

Thanks for your help.
Not sure on this one, as you have the report # they might be able to reissue for a fee, here are the contact details for GIA

http://www.gia.edu/about/38738/contact_us.cfm

Someone might know for sure though
35.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes.

There’s a limit on how old the report is allowed to be before they require a new inspection and I’m not sure what the rule is but it’s several years. There is a token fee although it''s quit a bit less than the original charges. Call ‘em up.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much - greatly appreciated.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have been told that it is around $200.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 1:23:40 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
I have been told that it is around $200.
Unless the diamond is rather big, I doubt it. Standard grading fees are below $200 for diamonds below 3ct, and update services (which I assume a cert reissue would come under) are a fraction of this (currently 25% indipendent of time frame).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results