shape
carat
color
clarity

Do Cushions look bigger than Princesses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''m in a very confused state. I''ve been wanting a princess cut diamond (1-1.5ct, D-F, VS1) in my engagement ring for the past two years. However since reading the many posts on here about cushions, I''m beginning to rethink my decision. I do love the way cushions look (only equal length/width ratio 1-1.01) in all the pictures and it seems that their dimensions (length/width) are larger in terms of carat weight (i.e. 1.02ct cushion dimensions are 5.86x5.80x4.00 and princess dimensions of same weight similar depth are 5.6x5.68x3.86).

I am trying to get the biggest bang for my buck in terms of size, while still maintaining colour and clarity but the idea that I''d get a bigger looking stone with a cushion is attracting me. I''d love to compare them side by side, but I live in the middle east and its very hard to find cushions over here (plus most of the diamonds are in sealed containers), so I can''t get a good idea other than looking at individual diamonds online (none side by side).

I know they''re different in terms of shape (i.e. no corners etc.) but do you think getting a cushion cut diamond would look significantly bigger than a princess?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Compare the diameters of each to see which has the largest face up size. Whatever you do, go for the best cut diamond you can - if you look at the PS vendors websites, they have all the info you could need and images for their in house cushion and Princess, that will help you should you decide to buy online.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Often princesses are very deep and thus look very small. On average I do think cushions will face up bigger, but there are always exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results