shape
carat
color
clarity

Do couples still wear matching wedding bands or rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh man glitterata -

incredibly cute :)

and meaningful too - love the part about your grandmother''s engagement ring.

very, very nice.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 1:50:47 PM
Author: coatimundi
Ours don''t match, but they complement each other.

Hand forged bands by James Meyer
coatimundi- I love how your bands compliment each other. Very nice!!!
12.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 2:35:54 PM
Author: whitby_2773
oh man glitterata -

incredibly cute :)

and meaningful too - love the part about your grandmother''s engagement ring.

very, very nice.

Thank you, Whitby!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
The only thing ours have in common is they were made by the same designer. We just couldn''t agree.

liz

Rough_Rock
We have matching wedding bands from Niwaka. They have some gorgeous designs that are complementary without being identical.

moonlight wedding bands.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love those, Liz.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
We do have matching bands, which are plain YG pipe cut bands. He wanted to get me one with diamonds, but I felt very strongly that I wanted a simple plain band.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s so cute when couple''s rings match, but when we were looking, the matching sets always came with a girl''s band that was far too wide for my tastes, and that didn''t compliment my wedding band.

In the end, we didn''t choose bands that matched, but we do have the same color metal, which was important to me, but is not important to everyone.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Some do, especially when they both choose plain plain bands. It's not outdated. I don't think there's a very good chance that it will be. Of course, I'm not saying the bands are identical. It makes sense that hers would be thinner.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI and I picked out our wedding bands over the past few days. Mine will be a 2mm polished comfort fit WG band, and his will be a 5mm satin finish comfort fit WG band. I am also getting a thin sapphire eternity band which I will also get married with. Do our plain bands count as matching even with the different finishes and very different millimeter widths?

My parents had a matching wedding set (silver with turquoise) but my mom also had a thick 14kt band that she actually got married with and wore every day. They got married in 1976.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:34:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
FI and I picked out our wedding bands over the past few days. Mine will be a 2mm polished comfort fit WG band, and his will be a 5mm satin finish comfort fit WG band. I am also getting a thin sapphire eternity band which I will also get married with. Do our plain bands count as matching even with the different finishes and very different millimeter widths?

I think so. I think the mm difference is to be expected. If your bands are the same shape (both half dome, full dome, flat, etc.), I don''t think that they''re not matching just because one has a different finish. Please post them when you can!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
My parents were rebels in the 70''s (well sorta). My mom had two (2mm) white gold bands flanking her solitaire and my dad had a white gold band. My mom still has her bands, but recently added pave diamonds from an old (and ugly) ring of my grandmother''s (it was not antique), to her bands and two bags to her e-ring. This scratched her "upgrade" itch.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me and my husband got married with matching bands 25 years ago, but we have since changed them and they no longer match.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i got married last june and the rings my husband and i were married with match. white gold with milgrain, mine is 3mm his is 6mm. we do not wear these rings everyday though. he gets freaked out when he scratches up his ring so he wears a tungsten ring everyday and i wear a diamond band that matches my er everyday.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
We''re getting matching wedding bands. It was something we struggled with for a while, actually. It was really important to me that we have matching bands, because I am a sentimental fool. But since he already bought me my dream ring, I told him that if he wanted something that was not matchable, that we could easily purchase the w-band that matches my e-ring - nothing wrong with a little more bling!

We must have looked at every jewelry store in the area and not found anything that either of us really loved. One day FI went to the store where he bought my e-ring by himself, and found a band that he really loved - a 6mm palladium (we knew we wanted palladium b/c my e-ring is) half-dome band by Benchmark.

I had seen a ring that I really liked in another store that had four diamonds set in the side, sort of surprise style, at 12, 3, 6 and 9 if you''re thinking about it in a clock sort of way... just evenly spaced around the ring. We''re getting married September 4th, 2009 because my parents and my mother''s parents got married on that day as well. I liked the significance of the four diamonds symbolizing what is an important day in our family.

So we''re going half-custom. We''re buying the matching Benchmark bands (his 6mm, mine 3mm) and we''re having four evenly-spaced diamonds gypsy-set (on the surface, not surprise style) in each. The bands will be shiny palladium, not brushed, so the small diamonds won''t look "blingy", they''re there for the significance more than anything else.

We are ordering them next week - we''re so excited about it. :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 7:49:04 PM
Author: liz
We have matching wedding bands from Niwaka. They have some gorgeous designs that are complementary without being identical.
I LOVE Niwaka!!!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
we got married last September and our bands are not matching.
But His Band has 2 old cuts in it -- and my Band Has all Old cuts in it.
They are both white--- but mine is Plat :)
I also have a 2mm tiff lucida band-- that he had engraved for me with a surprise Msg.. and I had his band engraved with a surprise msg-- and On our wedding day-- we found out we used the same Msg
36.gif
. It wasn''t planned!
So that makes those match i guess ?
2.gif

blinkwedbands1234.jpg

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
We had simple gold artcarved bands when we married in the early 80''s. Many couples we knew though, had matching somewhat ornate bands. I preferred simple at the time, and it looked very nice with my solitaire.
Our grown children are all married. Both daughters wedding bands do not match their husbands, but my son and his wife got matching bands of tricolor gold. So some people still do it. I think to each his own
9.gif

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
We went for the matching look, though not 100%... they are both yellow gold, and simple.

Simple is good because we never have to take them off when doing household chores, etc...

weddingringsamyjokerette.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Ours don''t match. I cared at first... but then I realized that they''re only going to be really close together for one day. And then I just let him pick what made him happy.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Our rings currently don''t match, but since I am in the market for something new, I am looking for something that might match for both of us. I like the idea of having matches bands - it just seems CUTE.
2.gif

So currently I am looking at this for me, because I can get the matching, wider band for him. I may go without the engraving, or with a different engraving, if he thinks it''s too girly. You can also get it with the engraving highlighted in blue, teal or magenta. I think the blue would be awesome!

blackvictoriaring.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:34:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
My parents had a matching wedding set (silver with turquoise) but my mom also had a thick 14kt band that she actually got married with and wore every day. They got married in 1976.

How funny, my parents had bands with turquoise, too! They never wore them though - at least not beyond the wedding. My dad was a mechanic so it would have been ruined, and my mom wears a mother''s ring along with her diamond 25th anniversary ring.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
They have a similar theme...anyone know what it is?
original.aspx

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 8:51:45 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Our rings currently don''t match, but since I am in the market for something new, I am looking for something that might match for both of us. I like the idea of having matches bands - it just seems CUTE.
2.gif

So currently I am looking at this for me, because I can get the matching, wider band for him. I may go without the engraving, or with a different engraving, if he thinks it''s too girly. You can also get it with the engraving highlighted in blue, teal or magenta. I think the blue would be awesome!

MonkeyPie what are those rings made of? I have never seen anything like it... I LOVE IT!! So unique and it looks like it would make the diamonds really pop. Is it s strong material? titanium?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It''s black titanium
1.gif
Isn''t it cool? I love how different it looks. They have tons of tension settings and only a few prong settings, though. If I had seen this before I got my rings, I would have had it already lol.

You can find them at http://www.titaniumrings.com/

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We don''t have matching bands, and I actually know of only one couple in my circle who does (both plain WG, except hers is 2 mm and his is 5 mm).

My husband has a 5 mm plat milgrained band that I think is very handsome & classic, but I really wanted one with diamonds at the time. Now that I have a diamond band, though, I think it would have been nice to get married with a plain plat band that one could wear at all times, so I wouldn''t have to take it off to clean, etc.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
My future husband''s and my bands will not look similar, but they will both have a similar sentimental touch...His mother passed away, so we are using the gold from her channel-set wedding band to inset in his platinum band, and making an eternity band with the diamonds for me (not for a few months after the wedding though until our finances calm down :). I am also getting a plain platinum band for the wedding, and will get the diamond band a few months (I''m keeping my fingers crossed! :) later.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
EHR 2009, that is about the sweetest tale I ever heard...btw, do you have a pic of his mother''s ring so we can see?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t take a picture of it before we sent it off to the jeweler, and it is currently being destructed :) I wish I would have taken one, but I am searching to see if I have a picture from when I first got the ring (he gave me her wedding band the night we got engaged, and told me of his plan to use it for both of our rings). STAY TUNED! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results