shape
carat
color
clarity

Do couples still wear matching wedding bands or rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
You can KIND OF see it here. It is yellow gold chanel set eternity band with ~2 pointers. His ring should be arriving soon, so I will post it when we get it!

wedding bandmom.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will have matching mokume bands. I thought it was just too cute that they are forged from the same billet and have the "same" wave pattern that no other ring will have other than our two.
His is 6mm and mine is 3mm. And boy are these rings HEAVY.
I also have a second diamond semi-eternity band though, and I"ll probably interchange how I wear the bands.

newmokumes.jpg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Making the Grade--That is so neat! They look so interesting and it''s a cool story! What metal are they made from?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
and I actually like when you have both bands on with your solitaire :) It reminds me of Avril Levine''s set like that.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The set is palladium and silver, with a white gold lining :)

Heh, I like how the two bands look together. Wearing all 3 at one makes my left hand really heavy, lol. I also have small hands (4.5 finger sz), so it looks a little silly.

Oy, my diamond is really dirty in these pics, lol.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
haha but I guess a heavy hand is a good problem to have!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/10/2009 2:04:31 PM
Author: Asu

here in Italy wedding bands are ALWAYS matching and ALWAYS plain.
Maybe that's why my husband and I were sold two identical plain 18K gold bands without anyone giving it any consideration when we needed to get wedding rings! I literally do not think we gave the matter two thoughts! I suspect that my husband's father may have come out with us to bargain about the price of gold although I do not not remember! The engagement ring purchase we did alone together (my husband and I) and it took 15 minutes to to a half hour!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/11/2009 11:14:53 AM
Author: Pandora II

I haven't seen many IRL on people - just loads in jewellers windows/catalogues etc

My parents and their friends, who were getting married in the early 70's, it tends to just be the woman with a w-band. My father was quite disapproving of my brother, BIL and DH having w-bands at all. This maybe a UK thing where the man often wears a signet ring with family crest on his little finger instead.
I do think that the signet ring on the pinky is a UK thing, Pandora. You live in Italy now. Italy, at least in the past, used to have quite a different ring custom. (At least in Liguria!) Asu, posting above, seems to be saying that the custom there is still for matching, plain bands for both spouses. What do you find?

AGBF
34.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
*Munches popcorn* I am enjoying all the neat stories, and learning about ring customs from other places.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/13/2009 8:42:51 PM
Author: glitterata

I love those, Liz.

By the way, I do, too!!!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/27/2009 6:19:35 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
3/13/2009 8:42:51 PM
Author: glitterata

I love those, Liz.

By the way, I do, too!!!

I thought it would be clearer if I posted a picture of the rings to which I was referring!!!

lizsweddingbandsbyNiwaka.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We''ve never had matching rings in 23 years of marriage...but I am considering getting a rose gold Bulgari band that would be the same style (B-zero) as the one my DH wears in w/g. I guess they would be "matching"....

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results