shape
carat
color
clarity

Do amber colored diamonds exist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I know people have seen me asking about amber and diamonds, but I''''ve since been told the two stones are not compatible, which I finally understand. But amber the stone has been a huge part of my life (Having the name Amber Brown doesn''''t hurt) and I wanted to know if there are such things as amber colored diamonds. Anyone know?

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
This site (link) has a few brown/yellow/orange stones...I''m sure you could find something out there that looked "amber" colored. It might be a bit harder than finding a "white" diamond though. I''ve also seen some more yellow/brown stones referred to as "Champange" or "Cognac". You might be able to search on these to get some more ideas. Good luck!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
sounds like you need a true cognac diamond to me. just an opinion.

shay

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much... So it seems the color isn''t too rare then, thank goodness. :) The e-ring and the side stones are going to be my first real diamond, not counting the studs I got for my 18th birthday! It''s fun to be in on it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about.... something like this ?

112_di_image_19e3a.jpg
358_di_image_967c1.jpg
It is hard to say what relation there is between pictue and reality, but according to this computer screen, these guys could get lost in a handful of amber chips
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ana, with those colorings, you''re right. Those diamonds are spot on amber color. I''m getting so excited! It may work after all!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you like them! I am not sure what to make of the IGI reports, but I''d call that intense brownish orange anyway.

This is amber color, I would think, and not diamonds. It turns out that a deeper orange-yellow is relatively famous for sapphire. You may hear the name "Mekong yellow'' or ''wiskey'' color or a combination of these words. Some nice ones are Australian, but any source is possible.

This is it:

1033LG.jpg

Actually, it was this example that reminded me of the golden sapphires - it comes from HERE. (''Kashmirblue'' from this shop posts on the forum). On the same website, a couple of Malaia garnets could also be described as ''amber''. Take a look if you like... I sure did!
5.gif

Some amber Australian sapphires are stryking enough to heve been given names. Here''s one. There are others... but that is the color I had in mind when posting this. As much as the pictures tell.

I am not sure if these are compatible with the e-ring notion for you. But since the color is there, ''thought I''d mention.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, Ana. And I brought up the notion with my BF last night, and he seemed interested. We''re going to Disneyland on Halloween, but I don''t really think he has anything planned regarding proposals.
29.gif
It''s my birthday, and our anniversary that week, too. I guess it''s too much at one time, huh? Thanks for all your hard work with this. You''re really a huge help. For some reason, I searched for colored diamonds, and then I get distracted and wander off into like, blue diamonds, and pink... Things I don''t want, but are gorgeous! I''m so lame.
20.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Amber Brown huh?... Love the name
1.gif

Wedding Crasher named two likely color candidates for you: Champagne and Cognac. Here is an example of a champagne colored diamond. Cognacs run a bit darker.

A nice thing about your name and selection here is that fancy colored diamonds like red, pink, blue, purples, etc. are more expensive than colorless/near-colorless diamonds. Shades of brown as we are discussing are less expensive.

ChampagneDiamondExample.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results