shape
carat
color
clarity

Blog Do’s And Don’ts Of Wedding Jewelry

bcmacdonald

Staff member

bcmacdonald published a new blog post.
You want everything about your wedding day wardrobe to look flawless, including more than just your wedding gown. Wedding day jewelry help to boost your gown and complete your overall look. In contrast, most fine wedding jewelry on the market comes with a high price tag. That shouldn't stop you from looking your best when you say "I do."...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I find so interesting about this article is how different advice is for Indian weddings compared to western weddings! As in, conventional wisdom about the Dos and Donts for Indian wedding jewelry. Given that that is my frame of reference I quite expected the article to read differently, haha.

1) You are usually advised to buy your jewelry well before your outfit, and to buy it over the years if possible; because it is a large expense and the neckline of a blouse can always be adjusted to accommodate the necklace design you go for. Even in terms of colour, you’re told to either buy something very neutral, so it goes with any colour, or to leave off the small hanging beads and have a jeweler add those once you’ve purchased your blouse.

2) more is always more in Indian weddings :D you’re encouraged to layer necklaces for instance, so that you can wear them separately later, but despite the minimalism trend taking off somewhat, the expectation is still that the bride overloads herself with accessories and looks like a Christmas tree.

3) Switching up jewelry for reception (if it’s the same day as the wedding) is not really recommended; you can take some stuff off if you like but seeing how expensive Indian jewelry is most people like to keep it on as long as possible :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like a bride with a necklace
Not the present 'minimal teeny tinny bearly there i need by glasee to see the gold jewlery' look that seems to be presently in vogue for some

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Something I find so interesting about this article is how different advice is for Indian weddings compared to western weddings! As in, conventional wisdom about the Dos and Donts for Indian wedding jewelry. Given that that is my frame of reference I quite expected the article to read differently, haha.

1) You are usually advised to buy your jewelry well before your outfit, and to buy it over the years if possible; because it is a large expense and the neckline of a blouse can always be adjusted to accommodate the necklace design you go for. Even in terms of colour, you’re told to either buy something very neutral, so it goes with any colour, or to leave off the small hanging beads and have a jeweler add those once you’ve purchased your blouse.

2) more is always more in Indian weddings :D you’re encouraged to layer necklaces for instance, so that you can wear them separately later, but despite the minimalism trend taking off somewhat, the expectation is still that the bride overloads herself with accessories and looks like a Christmas tree.

3) Switching up jewelry for reception (if it’s the same day as the wedding) is not really recommended; you can take some stuff off if you like but seeing how expensive Indian jewelry is most people like to keep it on as long as possible :D

Great insight @AllAboardTheBlingTrain Thank You!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results