shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale DK OEC Diamond Halo Ring Sz. 5.25

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry @Bfelix the way the potential buyer has reacted is so unprofessional! I can't actually believe she is serious with her allegations!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I appreciate all your input. I will say your experiences are not mine. I have bought and sold many items. When buying from someone, I've never ghosted them. I've never had a "serious buyer" ghost me. My mistake was thinking I was the only serious buyer and we had a connection. I guess I should not have thought the friendly back and forth was anything more then a sale, plain and simple. I'll remember that next time.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
The other buyer is excited about the purchase and can’t wait to work with DK.

I didn’t ghost her. I responded back to her. I posted that it was sold on here and messaged the others that it was sold. I do work too. I came home and updated everyone.

Oh no, I wasn’t criticizing you, because you did tell everyone involved. I’m just sharing what happens sometimes.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the turn this thread has taken does not sour the purchase for the new owner and she feels comfortable showing off her new bling when it arrives.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope the turn this thread has taken does not sour the purchase for the new owner and she feels comfortable showing off her new bling when it arrives.

I hope not either. DK sized it for her and she should have it soon. I hope she loves it. Amy was wonderful today when I went there.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth - I have a policy when selling jewelry - and it's firm. First person to pay me, owns it. That's it - that's my whole policy. Way too many people say they 'definitely want' this, that or the other, then disappear or change their minds. More people than actually go through with a sale, in fact. So as the seller, it's far too easy to end up out of pocket, to-ing and fro-ing trying to be nice about things.

If you were purchasing from a store, they'd make it clear - once someone puts down the money, it's theirs. You have to remember, we barely know anyone on PS, despite the level of online interaction, and there's no obligation to do favors for people when selling things. I play it super straight - first person to pay, gets it, and I make that clear on my posts and in my emails.
Mrs.B that's a good one!!! I can't even count how many times I've held something, told other buyers it wasn't available and then the buyer backed out. I think I am going to use this policy of yours lol

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope not either. DK sized it for her and she should have it soon. I hope she loves it. Amy was wonderful today when I went there.
I want to see the new pics!!! This setting was so special to me and still is. I literally took a year designing it, deciding on all the details, sketching it a milion times over, mulling over the perfect melee size, 1.7mm diamonds in the halo. 1.8mm diamonds in the shank and 1.9mm diamonds at the ends of the scrolls with little teeny tiny diamonds under the basket and in between the 1.8 and 1.9mm diamonds in the shank/scrolls. I adore this ring and I'd be thrilled to see where it has found a happy home :) I loved it for 7 years and still do, BUT finally after 7 years, I wanted a bigger center stone...

Last edited:

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
I have non-buyers remorse, too!

For the record, i agree with posters who say first one to pay gets it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First person to pay gets it, period. That's how sales work everywhere. In a store it would be exactly the same. @Bfelix you did nothing wrong and I can't believe you would be criticized for how you handled this.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I know I'm likely beating a dead horse here, but in case other lurkers or potential buyers/sellers are reading this, I want to highlight the actual issue here (as I see it).

email from Bfelix 11:51pm
Marie,
Let me know if you have any other questions. I have had a few inquiries but no one has asked to purchase the setting.

email from @Bfelix at 5:45am
Marie,
I have another person asking to buy the setting. You messaged me first so I want to make sure what your decision is before I move to the next person who is ready to pay.

email from Nonie at 11:43am
Brenda, I want it! I can send deposit. I'm just concerned about the sizing.
Marie

In between the emails in Italics, 6 HOURS have elapsed. @Bfelix tried to give Nonie an appropriate amount of head's up/warning that another person was ready to pay, and was trying to wait to see if Nonie wanted to buy it first. 6 hours is enough time that I (personally) would have done exactly what Bfelix did, and sold it to the person ready to pay. I think waiting until 10am-1030am was very kind--I likely wouldn't have waited so long.

So for anyone who is trying to take a lesson from this--IF YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU WANT SOMETHING but are waiting for info about sizing, etc, make that 10000% clear. Ask the seller to hold it for 24hours or something, or offer a deposit to have it held. The seller cannot read your mind, and will sell it to the first person ready to pay. Just like any vendor would in any store.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I know I'm likely beating a dead horse here, but in case other lurkers or potential buyers/sellers are reading this, I want to highlight the actual issue here (as I see it).

In between the emails in Italics, 6 HOURS have elapsed. @Bfelix tried to give Nonie an appropriate amount of head's up/warning that another person was ready to pay, and was trying to wait to see if Nonie wanted to buy it first. 6 hours is enough time that I (personally) would have done exactly what Bfelix did, and sold it to the person ready to pay. I think waiting until 10am-1030am was very kind--I likely wouldn't have waited so long.

So for anyone who is trying to take a lesson from this--IF YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU WANT SOMETHING but are waiting for info about sizing, etc, make that 10000% clear. Ask the seller to hold it for 24hours or something, or offer a deposit to have it held. The seller cannot read your mind, and will sell it to the first person ready to pay. Just like any vendor would in any store.

If you're 100% sure you want something - buy it. Figure out the sizing later. If the sizing will dictate the sale, then you're still just an interested shopper, not a firm buyer, and not 100% sure. Most people want to lock something down they'd love to buy if...all the stars align. But that doesn't make them a firm buyer. If you're sure - buy it. If you're not, then roll the dice and take your chances.

I felt HORRIBLE the couple of times I had to go back to someone who contacted me second, but was ready to buy first, when the first person who "definitely wanted to buy this!"...but just needed to move funds around, check with their jeweler, ask their husband, build Rome, split the atom, invent the wheel - or whatever - finally came back to me and said "Oops - sorry!" and didn't proceed. I've then had to go back to person #2, cap in hand, and say - "Are you still interested?" and take the risk that they then might want to renegotiate the price, which, frankly, I think would be fair enough. I also feel as tho it's insulting to buyer #2 - like - "Your money wasn't good enough the first time, but now that there's nobody but you interested, sure - let's do this!"

I sold things in this manner once or twice years ago and I won't do it anymore. I'd rather the person who wasn't ready to commit give me a hard time because "I contacted you FIIIIIRST!!" - than insult the person who actually wants to buy what I say I'm selling. I think there's a degree of integrity needed by sellers; if you say you're selling something, and it's not sold, and someone wants to buy it and is ready to move - SELL the damn thing. It removes the whole issue of "But I'm friends with this person and I'm not friends with you, so I'm just gonna give them more time and...etcetcetc" It should all be more above board than that.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're 100% sure you want something - buy it. Figure out the sizing later. If the sizing will dictate the sale, then you're still just an interested shopper, not a firm buyer, and not 100% sure. Most people want to lock something down they'd love to buy if...all the stars align. But that doesn't make them a firm buyer. If you're sure - buy it. If you're not, then roll the dice and take your chances.

I felt HORRIBLE the couple of times I had to go back to someone who contacted me second, but was ready to buy first, when the first person who "definitely wanted to buy this!"...but just needed to move funds around, check with their jeweler, ask their husband, build Rome, split the atom, invent the wheel - or whatever - finally came back to me and said "Oops - sorry!" and didn't proceed. I've then had to go back to person #2, cap in hand, and say - "Are you still interested?" and take the risk that they then might want to renegotiate the price, which, frankly, I think would be fair enough. I also feel as tho it's insulting to buyer #2 - like - "Your money wasn't good enough the first time, but now that there's nobody but you interested, sure - let's do this!"

I sold things in this manner once or twice years ago and I won't do it anymore. I'd rather the person who wasn't ready to commit give me a hard time because "I contacted you FIIIIIRST!!" - than insult the person who actually wants to buy what I say I'm selling. I think there's a degree of integrity needed by sellers; if you say you're selling something, and it's not sold, and someone wants to buy it and is ready to move - SELL the damn thing. It removes the whole issue of "But I'm friends with this person and I'm not friends with you, so I'm just gonna give them more time and...etcetcetc" It should all be more above board than that.

This.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring in question is beautiful, but it’s not worth launching a flame war or cry fest over.

DK made it, and just had his hands on it again for resizing.

If you really, really, really want it, have him make you one. Voila - problem solved!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I felt HORRIBLE the couple of times I had to go back to someone who contacted me second, but was ready to buy first, when the first person who "definitely wanted to buy this!"...but just needed to move funds around, check with their jeweler, ask their husband, build Rome, split the atom, invent the wheel - or whatever .

Built Rome, split the atom LOL. You have a way with words, very clever, funny and well said. I am actually really happy to have your perspective on this. I always thought it was whoever emailed first that I needed to entertain first no matter what and not move on until they passed. I've been enlightened now lol. So nice to have my worldview of my LT sales changed for the better.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire -

There's no set way of doing this, so - whatever works for you will be what works best. I do think, tho, it's best to have a well advertised method and to stick to it. That way everyone knows what to expect. I've found what works for me - for all the reasons stated above - and I'm comfortable with it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to highjack this thread but I’m clueless and need help. Can someone tell me how to go about setting up a sale? I’m so intimidated by the process. Does the buyer email you with a request for your email? I think I used a different email for LT because my real name is in the email I use for PayPal. I wouldn’t want my name floating about unless it was a serious buyer. If it’s someone I know well from here I would be comfortable to do a message on IG to pass along my email address for PayPal...Thank you!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to highjack this thread but I’m clueless and need help. Can someone tell me how to go about setting up a sale? I’m so intimidated by the process. Does the buyer email you with a request for your email? I think I used a different email for LT because my real name is in the email I use for PayPal. I wouldn’t want my name floating about unless it was a serious buyer. If it’s someone I know well from here I would be comfortable to do a message on IG to pass along my email address for PayPal...Thank you!

After you have agreed to terms of sale and shipping, if you are selling through regular PP you ask them for their PP email address and you send an invoice. Make sure the buyer has confirmed that the shipping address is the same as their verified address on PP. Do not ship any item to an address that is not a verified PP address unless you know and trust the buyer. PP then gives them a confirmation after they have paid with your name and address that you supplied PP.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
After you have agreed to terms of sale and shipping, if you are selling through regular PP you ask them for their PP email address and you send an invoice. Make sure the buyer has confirmed that the shipping address is the same as their verified address on PP. Do not ship any item to an address that is not a verified PP address unless you know and trust the buyer. PP then gives them a confirmation after they have paid with your name and address that you supplied PP.
@LisaRN Thank you so much!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I have no idea...I just have too much stuff...I have to go through everything...I’m a jewelry hoarder...I may need it someday...:P2

You know I had to ask!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bfelix - Don't worry about the buyers, first person who pays you gets the item period. If they come back and whine that's on them for not paying first. I had a similar situation with PS's resident drama queen a few years ago over selling that big yellow pear everyone wanted, she trashed me to everyone on here, when the reality was she didn't pay me for anything.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Don't forget to post that diamond on LT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results