shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale DK OEC Diamond Halo Ring Sz. 5.25

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a breathtaking stone and ring! If I had the funds, I would be all over this. It's lovely. I'm sorry that you are sad and have to part with it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww that is just gorgeous faceting and such a beautiful ring. I too am sorry you have to part with it but sending you dust for a quick sale.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reduced and willing to sell diamond and halo separately.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Reduced and willing to sell diamond and halo separately.
I am very interested in the setting. Can you check with DK and see if it can be sized up to a 7. I'll send an email with other questions. If you don't receive please let me know.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am very interested in the setting. Can you check with DK and see if it can be sized up to a 7. I'll send an email with other questions. If you don't receive please let me know.

I haven’t received a message yet. I did contact DK and am awaiting his answer.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t received a message yet. I did contact DK and am awaiting his answer.
Thank you! There's another question about using my oec that I included in the email.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Diamond weight of the setting alone?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Computer ate our emails. I sent another. Please let me know you received through unreliable LT.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Computer ate our emails. I sent another. Please let me know you received through unreliable LT.

No, I didn’t get anything yet. My actual email is on the listing too since I know that LT can be unreliable at times.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I sent you a message through LT and sent an email. Hopefully you will receive one of them! :)

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Sent you an email. Amy said no problem resizing:appl:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I am so upset I can't stop crying. We had many emails back and forth. I told her I was was going to buy just waiting to see if it could be sized. She sent me this at 11:51pm
"Let me know if you have any other questions. I have had a few inquiries but no one has asked to purchase the setting."
I replied at 11:52 that I would want her to send to DK.
After goldenfire checked with Amy about sizing I sent her an email and posted here.
After a few unanswered emails she just replied that she sold it and she waited last night until 10:30pm. That's incorrect we msged at 11.51pm. I can't believe a ps'er would do this.
I've loved this ring ever since goldenfire owned it. The oec I was going to set I bought from her.
Just to add she sent an email to DKJ to see if it could be resized, the email was for me! If this comes off harsh I don't care. I am so hurt .

Last edited:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry but your timeline is incorrect. You never once told me that you wanted to purchase until 11:42am this morning. I didn’t wait until 10:30pm. Once again I messaged you that I waited until 10:30am Today. I messaged you last night and this morning early. You never once said that you were ready and wanted to purchase. I don’t appreciate saying that you were ready to purchase when you weren’t. I had five people inquiring about this setting and I told everyone the same response: That no one had committed to purchase or ask to put it on hold. @NonieMarie you never asked me to hold it for you or put a deposit on it. I don’t like being blasted for someone asking me to purchase the setting, who is also a PSer, by the way.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
You are incorrect. I did offer to put a deposit. Why would you offer to email DK about sizing? You knew I was very serious. I guess I offered too late. If you had 5 inquiries you could have told me such and asked if I was serious to make a deposit. The time we talked was a matter of hours. You sent the email at 5:46am. I don't get up that early!

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t want to keep going back and forth but I told you about all the inquires the night before and I waited to message the buyer back today at 10:30am Pacific Time when I didn’t hear back. I message DK all the time for potential buyers and many times, they don’t purchase. Never once was a deposit offered to hold or even just asking to hold the setting. I have all emails and it was never said. The buyer is very happy to get this setting and work with DK. Please don’t take away from the actual PSer who paid and is excited to get her setting.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I don't want to tarnish the new buyers joy. It is all on you. You said after your 5:46am msg you waited until 10:30am. I msged you back and offered a deposit at 11:43am! You could not wait a decent amount of time? I'm sure the buyer would have waited until the first buyer was awake!

email from me at 9:43pm
I only looked at the listing 100 times, lol. I just wanted to make sure you know I am a serious buyer. I think my oec, checked and is 6.95mm, will fit if DK makes the same bezel he did for the 18k yg setting. You actually commented on that ring and Dawn helped me in the design. I'm crossing fingers it can be sized. Your moissanite you have listed would be perfect to reset if it was closer to 7mm. Do you remember the G

email from you 10.01pm
Marie,
It has 1.27 ctw in the setting of G, VS2 diamonds. I suspect DK was asking much more to make the setting for you. I’m offering it for much less, of course. All the diamonds were just checked by DK about 4 months ago. I have only worn it probably 10 times. I imagine DK can add a thin bezel to this setting and drop your stone in if you ask him. I can have it shipped directly to him, if you would like.
email from me 11:32pm
Yes, I would have you send to him. He's made a lot of things for me.
Marie

email from you 11:51pm
Marie,
Let me know if you have any other questions. I have had a few inquiries but no one has asked to purchase the setting.

email from you at 5:45am
Marie,
I have another person asking to buy the setting. You messaged me first so I want to make sure what your decision is before I move to the next person who is ready to pay.

email from me at 11:43am
Brenda, I want it! I can send deposit. I'm just concerned about the sizing.
Marie

After this nothing for 5hrs. No response to emails. Then this
email from you at 4:46pm
Marie,
The setting has been sold to another person. I waited until 10:30. I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t offend. I didn’t hear back and the other person was ready to fully pay and have the setting sized by DK this week.

Last edited:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Actually, you weren’t the first buyer. I had three serious inquiries before you and one after you. They all had the same questions, especially about sizing. I don’t know how that is on me. I emailed DK to ask about the sizing for all the potential buyers as that was their main concern. Not one time did you ask to hold or buy until 11:43am today. I have had inquiries from many buyers for the past two days but no one offered to purchase until this morning. Please don’t blame me for you not asking to hold or put a deposit when I told you that I have had many inquiries. I’m being blamed for selling my own setting to a wonderful PSer.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Did you read your email? You said I was the first buyer!
email from you at 5:45am
Marie,
I have another person asking to buy the setting. You messaged me first so I want to make sure what your decision is before I move to the next person who is ready to pay.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You weren’t my first inquiry. You were before the one that asked to purchase right away so I messaged you back letting you know. I did all of the correct procedures for selling and I am being blasted for it. I don’t understand why I did according to the PS standards but that isn’t correct.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth - I have a policy when selling jewelry - and it's firm. First person to pay me, owns it. That's it - that's my whole policy. Way too many people say they 'definitely want' this, that or the other, then disappear or change their minds. More people than actually go through with a sale, in fact. So as the seller, it's far too easy to end up out of pocket, to-ing and fro-ing trying to be nice about things.

If you were purchasing from a store, they'd make it clear - once someone puts down the money, it's theirs. You have to remember, we barely know anyone on PS, despite the level of online interaction, and there's no obligation to do favors for people when selling things. I play it super straight - first person to pay, gets it, and I make that clear on my posts and in my emails.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I have the same policy. Regardless of who may have emailed me first and/or how many emails I may have exchanged with any interested party, absent express written mutual agreement to the contrary, the first person who tells me "I am ready to purchase; send me your PayPal info" is the new owner.

I don't do "holds" per se, except in very rare situations (only happened once, for a PSer who had purchased from me, and I had purchased from her, and she was travelling without access to secure wifi).

Speaking generally, in my personal lexicon, a person who is interested in buying an item pending more information (such as answers to questions and/or third party confirmation of resizing/resetting etc) is just an interested party, not a serious buyer. To me, a serious buyer is one who says, "I want to buy and I am ready to buy."

While I am sorry that NonieMarie is disappointed, I am more sorry she chose to air her disappointment in this thread rather than via private email with the seller, PSer Bfelix.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I have the same policy. Regardless of who may have emailed me first and/or how many emails I may have exchanged with any interested party, absent express written mutual agreement to the contrary, the first person who tells me "I am ready to purchase; send me your PayPal info" is the new owner.

I don't do "holds" per se, except in very rare situations (only happened once, for a PSer who had purchased from me, and I had purchased from her, and she was travelling without access to secure wifi).

Speaking generally, in my personal lexicon, a person who is interested in buying an item pending more information (such as answers to questions and/or third party confirmation of resizing/resetting etc) is just an interested party, not a serious buyer. To me, a serious buyer is one who says, "I want to buy and I am ready to buy."

While I am sorry that NonieMarie is disappointed, I am more sorry she chose to air her disappointment in this thread rather than via private email with the seller, PSer Bfelix.

You and I are old hands at this, @marymm, so it's no surprise to me that we're on the same page. I think anyone who had done this a bunch of times would be the same, as it's the lesson experience teaches you: it's a transaction, not a favor.

I'm sorry you missed out on something you wanted, @NonieMarie. I think we've all had that experience here and it's always disappointing. Try to take it as motivation to find something you like even better! I wish you well in your search. And congratulations on your sale, @Bfelix!

Best wishes to both ladies - and especially to the new buyer of this gorgeous piece!

Last edited:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is really sad is that sometimes PSers still renege after they agree to purchase. I've had two PSers who are regulars on the boards say that they wanted my item and would "send payment tomorrow" or "send payment in a bit" only to renege the next day or the next week only after I emailed them. So yes, I agree that you can't take someone at their word until payment is sent.

Last edited:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I appreciate all the feedback. This is not my first rodeo either. I have sold and purchased over the boards quite a bit over the years. I don’t like being blasted on my own listing for selling my own piece of jewelry to a buyer who asked to purchase. Not one time did the potential buyer above ask to purchase until after the setting was sold to the buyer. I too have had many say that I am a serious buyer or I want to buy but give me a few and then don’t purchase. I understand that things happen and I don’t take it personally when someone has to back out. The first person who told me that they were ready to purchase, got the setting. I got some very mean emails from the person above telling me how terrible I am. She blasted me on here and email when I didn’t do anything wrong, aside from selling to the first person who was ready to buy.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
That’s quite unfortunate. I hope she finds another ring and that the other buyer still likes their purchase.

On the other side: I pay the seller within several hours of committing. As a buyer, it does get annoying when the seller ghosts you after you said you’ll take it. :confused: They don’t even tell you that it’s sold already.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The other buyer is excited about the purchase and can’t wait to work with DK.

I didn’t ghost her. I responded back to her. I posted that it was sold on here and messaged the others that it was sold. I do work too. I came home and updated everyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results