shape
carat
color
clarity

DK CAD check, please! 3-stone half bezel setting.

champagnepear

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Just received images from DK and I'm pleased, but also don't really know what I'm doing. Does anyone have any input?

DK 204-QUAD-1.jpg

My two notes so far are to make the band more rounded rather than squared off at the edges, and also verifying that the diamonds will not actually sit down "inside" the bezel cups, but that the bezel cups will end where the crown starts. Make sense?

I also don't really know what the 14k, 18k, and platinum numbers refer to - is that his mix? Wanting this to be a fully yellow gold ring.

Thanks in advance!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is going to be a very pretty ring!! The 14 and 18 tefer to the karat of gold. The other numbers seem to be referring to the finished weight of the ring. I agree with the 2 changes you have already made; I would want the diamonds higher as well!! Congratulations on this lovely project!!

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
No comments on the CAD, but I am looking forward to see the finished product. I love the idea of half bezels!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this half-bezel three-stone design ... I have been half-considering a re-design of my current ring into something more like this albeit with thicker shank to make it more band-like ... I agree with your two notes ... the numbers next to the metal are just to show you the metal weight estimated for that design in 14kt gold, 18kt gold, and platinum (metal weight relates so strongly to cost) -- all of DK's CADs show all three metals regardless of your actual metal choice ... really really looking forward to the final piece!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My recently finished ring is a full bezel, and the CADs also showed metal rising above the stone. I asked the same question --verified with David that this was not the final look, and it wasn't. I think edges and prongs on CADs have this characteristic.I'm sure he will reassure you about it. And -- I really love the look of this ring! I can't wait to see the finished product!

I know you'll have your conversation with David, but in case it's helpful, here is my CAD along with the finished bezel...

DK 153-QUAD.jpg

DKPV2020-05-24----CR-01.jpg

Last edited:

fluffboll

Rough_Rock
Premium
@champagnepear: Such a lovely design! :kiss2:Is it inspired by Erstwhile's ring "Rule of three"? If so I think you've nailed it!

champagnepear

Rough_Rock
@champagnepear: Such a lovely design! :kiss2:Is it inspired by Erstwhile's ring "Rule of three"? If so I think you've nailed it!

Yes it is! Thank you.

My recently finished ring is a full bezel, and the CADs also showed metal rising above the stone. I asked the same question --verified with David that this was not the final look, and it wasn't. I think edges and prongs on CADs have this characteristic.I'm sure he will reassure you about it. And -- I really love the look of this ring! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks so much for your input! Your ring is so lovely as well.

I love this half-bezel three-stone design ... I have been half-considering a re-design of my current ring into something more like this albeit with thicker shank to make it more band-like ... I agree with your two notes ... the numbers next to the metal are just to show you the metal weight estimated for that design in 14kt gold, 18kt gold, and platinum (metal weight relates so strongly to cost) -- all of DK's CADs show all three metals regardless of your actual metal choice ... really really looking forward to the final piece!

Thank you!

No comments on the CAD, but I am looking forward to see the finished product. I love the idea of half bezels!

Thank you!

Wow this is going to be a very pretty ring!! The 14 and 18 tefer to the karat of gold. The other numbers seem to be referring to the finished weight of the ring. I agree with the 2 changes you have already made; I would want the diamonds higher as well!! Congratulations on this lovely project!!

Thanks, me too!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, OP, any update? Is your ring in the works or are you still nailing down the design?

champagnepear

Rough_Rock
Hey, OP, any update? Is your ring in the works or are you still nailing down the design?

I approved a CAD a few days ago! Now we wait...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results