shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY invites and wedding thread (picture heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks amazing!
30.gif
Your invites turned out fabulous! And who makes that dress? Its stunning!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
this is my dream hairstyle and make-up too, minus the red lips. i just can''t handle them but they are beautiful :)

perfecthairstyle.jpg

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys. the dress is exclusive by a.c.e, AKA allure exclusive, AKA the biggest bridal PITA ever! so hard to find pictures online. it''s ridiculous :)

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
i''m super sleepy but will post more tomorrow. rings, floral ideas, centerpieces, bouquets, placecards on the tables, candles, etc. :) thanks for looking. night!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to mention I love the earrings... and now that there are more pics... the venue looks pretty- sounds perfect.... pretty dress... love the makeup (love the red lips but the eyes will look good without it, too)... everything is very pretty. :)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Awww looks like the whole thing is going to turn out beautifully! I''m very impressed with the envelope lining btw. I always see the "how-to" in bridal mags but I don''t think I have the patience for it! Congratulations on finally getting your special day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love everything that you''ve just posted. Congrats on losing so much weight and I hope things are going well with your parents. Your dress is gorgeous also!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks so great!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cello!
Wow, where do I start?! I love everything. Congrats on losing 45 pounds...AMAZING!!! You look fantastic and that red dress is well deserved. Love the v-er-a ummmm...wang? shoes.
2.gif
I love finding bargains, and you guys did such a great job shopping! The venue is gorgeous. I wish we had places like that around here. My fave picture of you and your FI is the raining kissing one. Very beautiful....you''re such a cute couple!

Oh, and I love the wraparound address labels! That''s exactly what I''m doing with ours. I saw it in a Martha Stewart magazine once, and I tried it out with my Will-You-Be-My-Bridesmaid cards...a total hit. They looked awesome. I used something like a scallop trim scissor to cut the two ends, just for some pizzazz. Great job with your invitations...love the RSVP stamps!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I love everything!!
30.gif
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great cello!!! I can''t believe you die the envelope liners yourself!!! I have zero patience for that, so I admire you!
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks amazing!

The picture of you and your husband kissing in the rain is so sweet--I love it!!!

Congratulations--it looks like your big day is going to be an absolute blast. You deserve it, too. Your parents are lucky to have you as a daughter.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
This whole thread just makes me smile so much! It''s all so beautiful and I''m so glad that you and your hubby AND your parents are getting the day you''ve all always wanted! I know it will be spectacular and special and all good things! AMAZING!!

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Wow -- everything looks awesome. Your invites are perfect. I love the splashes of red. You did them yourself right?

Your e-pics are really beautiful.

Your shoes are amazing!

Your dress is gorgeous!!

Congratulations on losing 45 pounds, that is so awesome!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I also forgot to mention how lovely those pics are... love black and white. The one in the rain?! Wow... so pretty and romantic.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
good morning everyone. :) Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments. :) I have to run to an appointment with my lighting people in a few, but just wanted to say that i''ll post more pictures later. I''m not quite sure if you guys remember my ring, so i''m attaching a picture of it with a plain band to this post. I''m getting a new sparkly soon but can''t even find a picture of the inspiration. It''s like a vine of diamonds. 3/4 eternity. tiny little thing. But, i like my e-ring to have all of the spotlight. i wore a diamond wedding band the first year and since my setting is strange, it rubbed against the basket and caused a slight indent. so i had to 86 that one. So, we''re on to the next :)

Lining the envelopes wasn''t that bad. Time consuming, yes. Bad? not really. If you plan on doing 10-20 at a time and not overwhelming yourself, you''ll be fine. And use wrapping paper (good, quality, thick wrapping paper). It''s thin enough so that the enveloped folds over nicely (paperstock is way too thick), there are some really interesting patterns and it''s waaaay cheaper than buying enough paper to do the trick. :)

off i go. i will post more pictures later. And thanks a bunch again for all of your sweet comments :)

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
forgot the ring. ding-dong.

yumyumyummyoneband.JPG

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my post on projectwedding about finding the beloved Vera''s. My mother is from New Zealand. So if you are familiar with a kiwi accent, you''ll understand how cute she is. :)

Ok. . . . so most of us have ended up at DSW at some point or another. Usually for a pair of boring black pumps or something of that nature. Well. . .I went there to find a pair of nude pumps for the aforementioned bridal shower. I''ve been there a billion times and am always like, "Damn, I should really get some nude pumps. They are so versatile. Eh. . . whatever. They have a ton. I''ll get some later." Well. . . guess what, no nude pumps that tickled my fancy this time. Bummer! How typical. So, I decided to help my Mum look for shoes. She''s a super bargain hunter so she shops the discount rack. At the discount shoe warehouse. Love her! She''s foreign (from New Zealand) and is so cute when it comes to labels and stuff. She''s not big on fashion (but always looks great regardless) so when she finds what she thinks is a good label, she reads it all slow and asks me if it it''s a good label. Imagine my surprise when she goes, in the clearance rack at DSW: "Veeeeeera Wooooo no Waaaaaannng. Oh Vera Wang. That''s one of those good ones huh Pip" (She calls me Pip, a la Pippi Longstocking because my braids used to stick out as a kid). Half way across the store I heard her and went running. We wear relatively the same size in most shoes, so if she was looking at something, it would most likely be in my size too. And there they were. My beauties. Deep charcoal gray with a diamond accent. Satiny soft. Vera Wang evening shoes. I didn''t get my hopes up too high because things tend to run small but I did start to internally go a little nuts. Then I slipped my foot in and about passed out. They. . .were. . .delicious. And they fit. Originally retailing for $680. They were cut down to $594.94. Then they were 80% off to give us a nice total of $119 after tax. One Hundred. . .and NINTEEN DOLLARS! I love my mother

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again everyone. yup, i made the invites myself. ask questions if you''re thinking of DIY. i made my own little assembly line and it sure made things go by more quickly and a lot more smoothly. Being type-A anal about time management helps too ;-) I mean, geez, I already have my thank you cards stamped and ready to be written on and the wedding is 7 weeks away. :)

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
this is an example of what our tall centerpieces will be like except all white florals and a gold candleabra thing instead of a silver one. :)

justlikemycenterpiecebutdifferentcolours.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Cello (may I call you cello?
1.gif
)!

I saw this thread this morning but I didn''t have time to chime in. WOW!! Beautiful invitations!!

This may be a silly question, but how exactly did you get the wrapping paper INSIDE the envelope? The liner looks great and I have no idea how you did it.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
hi zoe :)

i actually got an envelope lining kit from Target of all places! They are made by a company called Paper Bouquet.

So, I used that to cut what looked like houses that you draw when you are little (a square with a triangle on top shape) or what the envelope looks like when it is open. Does this make sense?

Then i slipped it into the envelope and only glued the part that forms the triangle. You don''t have to glue to whole thing and i would imagine it would be impossible. If this doesn''t make sense, i can always take more pictures. Haha :) i''m serious though, let me know. Maybe I can do a tutorial. :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I get it now! It actually doesn''t sound as hard as I thought it would be. Our invitations are done, sealed, and waiting to be mailed, otherwise, I''d be tempted to try it. They look great!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Wow cellososweet-aka PIP (so sweet)! The Dress, the "vera woos," all the great diy stuff.... it all looks heavenly! From the sound of your story, this beautiful celebration is well deserved and long overdue! Cant wait to see more pics.

Seriously, that pic of you and your DH in the rain...BREATHTAKING!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
everything is SO GORGEOUS!!!!!

this is so funny, because i just started cutting out my envelope liners last night!! haha and i''m using wrapping paper too!!! i got the instructions from a martha stuart magazine and i knew i had to do it. yours look fabulous, it''s such a great touch!!

the wraparound addresses are fabulous too!!!! i hadn''t even seen those before, what a fantastic idea. MS is a goddess.

can''t wait to see how everything comes together on the big day
36.gif
36.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it all looks great

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - you are so talented - I love the invites! Congrats on the weight loss - you are going to be a beautiful bride!
36.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS! That''s for both you AND all your DIY projects! Your wedding is going to be fantastic!

Omblita

Rough_Rock
May I just say that everything you shared so far is absolutely beautiful and dreamy. Your thread is an amazing journey to follow, its lovely that you took the time to share this wonderful chapter of your life with us (thanks). I love your dress and you will make a stunning bride...keep posting...

P.S
Congrats and God Bless!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much everyone! you all are too sweet. i''m so excited for the big day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results