shape
carat
color
clarity

Dissapointing experience with James Allen...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
tenbinko|1355797607|3333981 said:
Frankiextah, did the tapered settings look OK?

Anybody else know what settings from James Allen have had quality issues in the past?

I was going to recommend JA to more people, but I didn't know about the potential problems with its settings. I'll still recommend it to friends, but they'd be benefit from knowing which settings must potentially be problematic.

I'm really concerned now. I know somebody's just purchased a ring with a "cathedral reverse tapered" setting from JA. Should they be worried?

I haven't personally owned many of JA settings, but I have owned three of them, I think we may have discussed two in another thread(?) the third was a 2mm knife edge solitaire. I had absolutely no issues with any of these settings and the pave setting that I've owned for two years has absolutely no issues, which is quite good for pave! :))

Frankie has owned some very high quality beautiful settings, made by very talented artisans. If you are hoping to receive the quality that you would get from vendors such as SK, LM, VC, RDG, then you may not want to consider JA settings. Rings by these designers will run thousands more as they are hand forged, so it's difficult to compare their quality to JA. For the price point though I think that JA settings are a nice option and are comparable to other popular, economical choices.

It's also important to mention that every single PS vendor has had some sort of QC issue on these boards. Most of the time the client and the vendor are able to resolve the issue satisfactorily, less often, the client walks away and chooses to work with another vendor. This isn't a problem specific to any one vendor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results